THT Suspended for 1 Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

This sucks. THT would likely have got the start with Kuz out.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Fish brought up the Shaw suspension for stepping one foot over the line and pulling it back in Gm 4 of the 2000 WCFs at POR. He missed a mandated game. In the same damn contest, John Salley set a blind, but legal screen on Scott Pippen and Scott ran up to him and punched him on the head w/ a closed fist. Did the league do absolutely nothing about that? Of course.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
So, the guy who DID THE BODY SLAM only got suspended for 1/2 a game (the ejection) and THT gets a FULL game?!
This doesn't add up, with any kind of quantifiable metric, logic, or plain common sense.
Worst refs in sports.

And Trent got to push Shro like a ragdoll and was given a free pass. Shrug.

I understand why the league tightened things up after the malice at the palace, but for pete's sake, use common sense. It's like they grab complete idiots, give them a whistle, and say "go at it fellas! We got your back!"

Also, I recall a time when refs were alot more patient with players frustration at calls. Maybe because of less crowds these officials have grown rabbit ears, but considering its an extremely emotional game, I'd like to see a little more "hey, look, cool it" or even pre-warnings before T's start flying.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
So, the guy who DID THE BODY SLAM only got suspended for 1/2 a game (the ejection) and THT gets a FULL game?!
This doesn't add up, with any kind of quantifiable metric, logic, or plain common sense.
Worst refs in sports.

I understand why the league tightened things up after the malice at the palace, but for pete's sake, use common sense. It's like they grab complete idiots, give them a whistle, and say "go at it fellas! We got your back!"

Also, I recall a time when refs were alot more patient with players frustration at calls. Maybe because of less crowds these officials have grown rabbit ears, but considering its an extremely emotional game, I'd like to see a little more "hey, look, cool it" or even pre-warnings before T's start flying.

You know THT‘s suspension made me mad all over again, right? And when I was watching the game - and I’m pretty sure it was TNT - and they showed a replay of the fight there’s Gary Trent Jr *clearly* knocking Dennis in the head. I mean...
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
DrDent wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Worst refs in sports.

You know THT‘s suspension made me mad all over again, right? And when I was watching the game - and I’m pretty sure it was TNT - and they showed a replay of the fight there’s Gary Trent Jr *clearly* knocking Dennis in the head. I mean...

Oh I feel you on that, in fact the fine on Trez was like an extra "rub it in your face."

Good to know I suppose. Next time just be the *first* guy going to the potential scrum, and start pushing the opposing player away from your guy (like Trent did) and you get a free pass.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Along these lines, what was up with the ref that got all into his feelings and gave Kieff a quick double T and ejection? It was a two possession game at the time. No one wants to see refs take over the game!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
Along these lines, what was up with the ref that got all into his feelings and gave Kieff a quick double T and ejection? It was a two possession game at the time. No one wants to see refs take over the game!

I personally think there's been a downgrade in NBA official professionalism. That's not just from watching Laker games, mind you, with Laker goggles on. I watch other matchups and formed the same impression.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Who knows maybe if he had played we win this game vs the Heat. If I were Vogel I’d complain big time and ensure the NBA knows the punishments handed out here weren’t fair.

This league is so soft compared to many years ago....These are grown men not flipping kids.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:31 am    Post subject:

That's tough, he gives us the 7-10pts we need to beat Miami...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: