Avoid Playoffs Play-In Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
How convenient that the Clippers didn't deal with Kyle Lowry going 8-13 from half court.

Right? Ugh

Lowry got his FA showcase out of the way...went back to missing games after getting up for the spotlight game.

Some lazy GM will give him $25M+ this offseason and then be in trouble when the aging Lowry ends up on the regular season Rondo schedule.

you think he gets that much? no one was willing to trade for him which in theory would be better for team and player.

Someone will...always happens.

They weren’t willing to trade because Masai wanted overpayment. Teams will bid on him during FA.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Dallas beats the nets...of course.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:16 am    Post subject:

Our very best option IS TO PLAY IN.

Clippers seem locked at either the 3 or 4 position, and they are motivated to beat us in the playoffs. Kawhi and Paul George are healthy. Rajon Rando and Demarcus Cousins both want to stick it to us for letting them walk (damn you Mr. Pelinka). The cockroach Pat Beverly has been rested and is anxious to injure Lebron and finish him off. Ballmer, sitting under the basket like a fat assed privileged spoiled child, will have every Clipper locked and loaded to beat my Lakers. And since Mr. Robert Pelinka weakened our team, playing the Clippers 1st round will be like walking into a trap.

We match up better with the Suns, and then Utah. As such, we NEED to get that 7th or 8th position, and stay out of the 5th or 6th spot. Clippers won't get that 1 or 2 spot, they're too far out. And Dallas and Portland are better matchups to take out the damned Clips.

We need to be think strategic now and play the chess match. We need to LOSE games to secure that 7th seed.

Dare I say, it is imperative that the Lakers lose to Portland tonight.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:36 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Clippers seem locked at either the 3 or 4 position, and they are motivated to beat us in the playoffs. Kawhi and Paul George are healthy. Rajon Rando and Demarcus Cousins both want to stick it to us for letting them walk (damn you Mr. Pelinka). The cockroach Pat Beverly has been rested and is anxious to injure Lebron and finish him off. Ballmer, sitting under the basket like a fat assed privileged spoiled child, will have every Clipper locked and loaded to beat my Lakers. And since Mr. Robert Pelinka weakened our team, playing the Clippers 1st round will be like walking into a trap.

We match up better with the Suns, and then Utah. As such, we NEED to get that 7th or 8th position, and stay out of the 5th or 6th spot. Clippers won't get that 1 or 2 spot, they're too far out. And Dallas and Portland are better matchups to take out the damned Clips.

We need to be think strategic now and play the chess match. We need to LOSE games to secure that 7th seed.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. With all the injuries the Lakers have, they may lose out the rest of the regular season. I would be more worried about them falling to 9th!
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:17 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

With the way things are, you will very well get your wish. Just come out of the game healthy please...
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

I will take a series over a one and done anytime. Especially with clippers
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:

I will take a series over a one and done anytime. Especially with clippers

Scared money don’t make money. You lose a couple hands in blackjack you start upping your bet not decreasing it. Lakers clippers round 1 is the type of intensity the Lakers will need to reach to beat a team like the Nets anyways. Cakewalking to avoid the clippers will not yield a ring.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject:

I don’t think you need to be concerned with losing games. They will.

Just a matter of how many and where they end up. Seems improbable, but I am starting to be worried they continue to plummet into the 9/10 seeds.

I will watch and be rooting for every game but with the injuries and the mental make up of this team I am starting to wonder if James is starting to entertain the thought of just shutting it down and regrouping for next year.

The general consensus is the Lakers can be contenders only if “fully healthy”. James stated it himself, he won’t ever be 100%. And Davis is as awkward as a baby giraffe and drama queen every time he stumbles or is touched.

Love my Lakers but really starting to dislike too many of the players on this team!

I might just be ready to see them go home early and rest and reload for a new season. I can’t express how much it kills me to have this opinion. Just tired of the uninspired efforts.

Hopefully they find a way to turn it on for the playoffs and win some games. At the moment I am seeing a roster lacking in Bball IQ and competitive urgency. Hope they surprise me!
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:42 am    Post subject:

The Warriors/Grizzlies game on the last day of the regular season very well could decide who the Lakers face in the 7/8 play-in game.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

It’s looking like 7 seed. This is assuming the supporting cast can win the Rockets game and one other game.

Memphis or GS most likely.

I wouldn’t drop below 7/8 if I were the Lakers. With the injuries and all the issues, getting 2 wins in a row just as they are trying to hit stride is tough and then the reward would be a series start 2 days later @Utah and we all know they will have a full building looking to get up 2-0 on a tired/injured team.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

This post is hall of fame worthy as the Ballmer quote is definitely one of the funnier things I've read this year. It's actually to the Lakers advantage to boost up the Blazers all the way up to the #5 seed tonight as they own the tiebreaker over the Mavs. The Mavs are an ideal opponent for the flippers because the flippers have alot of problems guarding Luka. Ric Carlysle is also a solid coach and will have a few tricks up his sleeve.

The #7 seed is locked up as the team as bad as they are will not lose to the Rockets or @indiana as Indiana is about to fire their coach they are a dumpster fire now.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
The #7 seed is locked up as the team as bad as they are will not lose to the Rockets or @indiana as Indiana is about to fire their coach they are a dumpster fire now.

That video of player/coach exchange during the game was wild

Imo best case scenario for Lakers at this stage:

Utah/GS
PHX/LAL
DEN/POR
LAC/DAL

Lakers would have the experience advantage over the Suns and they wouldn’t have to go into Utah and possibly down 2-0 in a series.

Portland is easy for the Clippers. They give Dame and CJ major problems and we know if Dame is neutralized, Portland has nothing.

Clippers would then have to go through Dallas and Utah, while the Lakers get the Suns and probably Denver.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject:

Maybe the whole play-in thing will light a fire under our players' asses and give us a little sense of urgency. Might be a good thing
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

We could probably use the rest that comes from not being in the play-in.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

Take it for what you will, Swaggy P thinks the Lakers are playing possum.

Quote:
The lakers got the best Rope-A-Dope game ever.. they did it last yr in the bubble .. and they doing it now

https://twitter.com/nickswagypyoung/status/1390729544840085507?s=21

I don’t agree, but we shall see.

Maybe now they have realized it’s better to just to be the 7 seed, but they weren’t trying to tank before the Mavs 2 game series.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Quote:
The lakers got the best Rope-A-Dope game ever.. they did it last yr in the bubble .. and they doing it now

Maybe now they have realized it’s better to just to be the 7 seed, but they weren’t trying to tank before the Mavs 2 game series.

Yeah half of me thinks it was a total tank job for the Sac/Tor games. But the other half of me thinks we're really struggling. AD's reaction and "we're back" after the Denver game showed me a sigh of relief from him, validating that they can still compete when they want to.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Yeah half of me thinks it was a total tank job for the Sac/Tor games. But the other half of me thinks we're really struggling. AD's reaction and "we're back" after the Denver game showed me a sigh of relief from him, validating that they can still compete when they want to.

After looking at the standings this morning, there is no way the team thinks the #6 seed and a 1st round matchup with Clippers is better than a #7 seed vs Phx/Utah instead. Playoffs are about matchups, and the suns or jazz matchup horribly with AD/LBJ.

Also since the Mavs are now up two games on the Lakers for #5 seed, that goal is also not attainable anymore. The #7 seed offers a path of less resistance.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

After looking at the standings this morning, there is no way the team thinks the #6 seed and a 1st round matchup with Clippers is better than a #7 seed vs Phx/Utah instead. Playoffs are about matchups, and the suns or jazz matchup horribly with AD/LBJ.

Also since the Mavs are now up two games on the Lakers for #5 seed, that goal is also not attainable anymore. The #7 seed offers a path of less resistance.

I’ve been thinking this way ever since they lost the two games vs the Mavs.

The Mavs have a really easy schedule down the stretch and will get the 5 seed.

The Clips have such a cake schedule that they’re likely to end up as the 3 seed, but with Denver holding the tiebreaker and playing well, it’s hard to tell how the 3/4 seeds shake out.

I’d rather be locked into a series with PHX- lots of young guys who have never been in the playoffs before, and CP, who has a history of choking in the playoffs. That would be a great series for the Lakers to get their feet back under them before moving on to face better teams.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

The Clips have such a cake schedule that they’re likely to end up as the 3 seed, but with Denver holding the tiebreaker and playing well, it’s hard to tell how the 3/4 seeds shake out.

I’d rather be locked into a series with PHX- lots of young guys who have never been in the playoffs before, and CP, who has a history of choking in the playoffs. That would be a great series for the Lakers to get their feet back under them before moving on to face better teams.

Not to mention that Ayton is essentially a rookie in terms of playoff experience, and that they are giving serious rotation minutes to players like Frank Kaminski and Saric. The suns team is a serious fraud.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Agree with the group saying 7 seed is best path at this point.

3/4 is going to be Denver and Clippers.

Just don’t slip below 7.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Not to mention that Ayton is essentially a rookie in terms of playoff experience, and that they are giving serious rotation minutes to players like Frank Kaminski and Saric. The suns team is a serious fraud.

Not just Ayton- Booker, Bridges, Johnson, etc. have never been in the playoffs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

I wouldn’t underestimate CP3 and his great leadership and playoff experience giving PHX an edge in the playoffs, CP3 has that Magic Johnson vibe in him that will rub off on the Suns team.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

I wouldn’t underestimate CP3 and his great leadership and playoff experience giving PHX an edge in the playoffs, CP3 has that Magic Johnson vibe in him that will rub off on the Suns team.

The suns two best players Booker/CP3 are nothing compared to LBJ/AD. Considering that Gasol/Drummond should be able to play decently vs Ayton/Saric what real advantages does phx hold? They’ll have home court which isn’t much this season with limited fans.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

The suns two best players Booker/CP3 are nothing compared to LBJ/AD. Considering that Gasol/Drummond should be able to play decently vs Ayton/Saric what real advantages does phx hold? They’ll have home court which isn’t much this season with limited fans.

The difference between CP3 and Ayton is that .. both are 100% healthy while AD and LeBron aren’t, it’s also the fact that the Suns are playing there best since they had Nash and Amare, so there gonna be fired up whomever they face in the 1st round.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

I dunno about that, bringing LBJ back and hyping up his return, just to tank both games? Sounds unlikely but we'll see
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 21 of 36
Jump to: