Were you a rowdy basketball fan in high school?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:34 am    Post subject: Were you a rowdy basketball fan in high school?

I went to Reseda high school in the late 1970's. We were the smallest school in 4A, so played schools most of the time with student bodies 1-2K larger than us. In football I think Reseda won one football game my entire time in high school. But basketball we were much more completive in, and the student body reveled in those Wednesday and Friday night games in the West Valley League.

We did the YOU YOU YOU! chant every time a opponent committed a foul or turnover. We shouted expletives at the referees. We behaved badly, especially if we were losing, which wasn't that often.

Once while playing El Camino the football players rolled out a huge 50+ feet scroll that read "The Ayatollah is a Conquistador!" This was during the Iran hostage crisis.

Another time, after getting bounced in the playoffs by Taft, we went on the court and grabbed the cheerleader signs from Taft and tore them up. At Cleveland my friend and I went around knocking over trash cans after the game. At another game at Cleveland they were losing and had a key player in foul trouble. Their coach decided to hold the ball for about 5 minutes to get through the last of the second quarter. Several hundred Regent fans (included me) were standing, yelling, throwing litter on the floor, and loving every minute of it.

Any high school basketball hooligans out there?

I did grow up, eventually.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: