Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Halflife wrote:
C M B wrote:
Halflife wrote:

in the heat of competition

Yup, COD stakes are high...that's why there are so many 9 year-olds who have (bleep) my mom last night.
Da what? I am not comparing the games but lets not get it twisted. Esports is legit. Growing and hyper competitive. I am a casual and get fired up occasionally. i do get loose on my squad with profanity occasionally and reference personal attributes.

like their jewishness?

I save that for my wife.
I knew I should not have entered thread. I need to remember safe spaces are a thing.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I save that for my wife.
I knew I should not have entered thread. I need to remember safe spaces are a thing.

The problem isn't that people are offended by racist words. Or that they express their feelings when they are offended.

I'll never understand that train of thought.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
C M B wrote:
Halflife wrote:
C M B wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Yup, COD stakes are high...that's why there are so many 9 year-olds who have (bleep) my mom last night.
Da what? I am not comparing the games but lets not get it twisted. Esports is legit. Growing and hyper competitive. I am a casual and get fired up occasionally. i do get loose on my squad with profanity occasionally and reference personal attributes.

like their jewishness?

I save that for my wife.

You realize entering the thread on the side of people being too sensitive to what other people say and then leaving with the whole safe spaces remark because YOU can’t take what other people say is very on brand for the “outrage culture” folks?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I'm an old fart from back East. We knew all the slurs - but also knew not to use them. Worst shame of my life was when I was an 18-year old sailor and I (trying to be funny) referred to a Japanese-American shipmate as a "slanted eyed MF." He went dead effing off, called me the N-word and was ready to beat the crap out of me. Fortunately, we had other guys around who separated us, I apologized and we moved onto other things and a decent relationship.

But I stopped using racial pejoratives . . . except for the reprobates in my family.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
C M B wrote:
Halflife wrote:
C M B wrote:
Halflife wrote:

like their jewishness?

I save that for my wife.

Safe spaces are lame, but that's not what this is. This is you arguing that some situations make it more acceptable for young men to shout ethnic slurs. The least you could is acknowledge the weaknesses of starting from that position, before you do the "SAFE SPACE, I'M LEAVING" thing.

I have fun saying some of the most awful things imaginable as troll banter during gaming, but I think it's good to draw the line at race/sex/creed. Those terms usually get you kicked or banned anyway.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject:

This is nonsense because it's not a really an honest conversation anymore.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

wrong thread

sorry

meant to post in politics

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: