ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Kaj
Admiral
Dream
Shaq
Parish
Wilt
Russel
Willis reed
Moses
Dikembi
Jokic

I’m sure there are more.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Biggest thing I’ve noticed is he doesn’t have the hands of Howard, fumbles many passes.

Dwight is a lock as a HOFer and an all time maybe top 10 player at his position. He is severely underrated.

It's a shame that a lot of people won't remember how good he was in his peak because of his attitude problems and that persisting for the bulk of his career. He had a nice redemption story over the past couple seasons and hopefully that helps him. He was never the same guy after his surgery. The guy averaged 23/14/2.4/1.4/1.4 while being a 3 time DPOY, 5 time rebounding champ, and leading the league in field goal percentage and blocks (twice). And he accomplished all of those things except the last 2 rebounding titles by 25. He's a hall of famer on that alone.

Post-surgery he was never the same player. And then we saw a lot more focus on his attitude. His former teammates speaking out against him, him always trying to shift the blame on others. Unfortunately that era on his career when he was no longer a star but had the stars attitude was the story of the last decade of his career before finding redemption the last couple seasons. Before that I remember hearing a lot of talk that Howard shouldn't even be in the hall of fame. I think that was ridiculous. He was the best center in the league for six or so years. I do think the last couple seasons, despite being his worst by far stat wise, will ensure he makes the HoF. But I do think its unfortunate that for younger fans will probably never realize how good Howard was in his prime, defensively especially.

Drummond is a good player. But he's no prime Howard. He's a younger version of post-injury Howard who isn't as good defensively. That isn't a bad player. But he has the same holes in his game offensively that Howard did. Both guys were dominant rebounders. Prime Howard though was one of the best athletes the league has seen. Drummond isn't on that level.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

Any big man camp coaches out there... I'm just wondering why his hands are so bad. And why his feet are so bad. I'm really surprised at how many rebounds he gets. He'd be Dennis Rodman if he didn't bobble so many balls.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Any big man camp coaches out there... I'm just wondering why his hands are so bad. And why his feet are so bad. I'm really surprised at how many rebounds he gets. He'd be Dennis Rodman if he didn't bobble so many balls.

His rebounding stats seem a little inflated. I would say at least 3 rebounds per game is him either playing voley ball with thr backboard or rebounding his own missed gimmie at the rim.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -β‰₯β‰₯β‰₯β‰₯β‰₯Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Biggest thing I’ve noticed is he doesn’t have the hands of Howard, fumbles many passes.

Dwight is a lock as a HOFer and an all time maybe top 10 player at his position. He is severely underrated.

It's a shame that a lot of people won't remember how good he was in his peak because of his attitude problems and that persisting for the bulk of his career. He had a nice redemption story over the past couple seasons and hopefully that helps him. He was never the same guy after his surgery. The guy averaged 23/14/2.4/1.4/1.4 while being a 3 time DPOY, 5 time rebounding champ, and leading the league in field goal percentage and blocks (twice). And he accomplished all of those things except the last 2 rebounding titles by 25. He's a hall of famer on that alone.

Post-surgery he was never the same player. And then we saw a lot more focus on his attitude. His former teammates speaking out against him, him always trying to shift the blame on others. Unfortunately that era on his career when he was no longer a star but had the stars attitude was the story of the last decade of his career before finding redemption the last couple seasons. Before that I remember hearing a lot of talk that Howard shouldn't even be in the hall of fame. I think that was ridiculous. He was the best center in the league for six or so years. I do think the last couple seasons, despite being his worst by far stat wise, will ensure he makes the HoF. But I do think its unfortunate that for younger fans will probably never realize how good Howard was in his prime, defensively especially.

Drummond is a good player. But he's no prime Howard. He's a younger version of post-injury Howard who isn't as good defensively. That isn't a bad player. But he has the same holes in his game offensively that Howard did. Both guys were dominant rebounders. Prime Howard though was one of the best athletes the league has seen. Drummond isn't on that level.

I feel like Dwight was one of those guys that started out as overrated, then the overrated narrative stuck, and then he wound up being underrated.

Orlando Dwight was easily a top five player in the league. He just wasn’t the same level as LeBron or Shaq like some thought.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Kaj
Admiral
Dream
Shaq
Parish
Wilt
Russel
Willis reed
Moses
Dikembi
Jokic

I’m sure there are more.

I'd say its clear that among the top 10 centers. these six guys are on the list: Kareem. Wilt, Russell, Hakeem, Moses, Shaq.

After that, there's tons of disagreement. I occasionally see Dwight in the top 10, but more often he's on the top 15.

I've never seen Mutumbo rated above him. More often than not, I see him above Reed and Parish. Not many people have been ranking Jovic yet.

Guys you are forgetting about include: Patrick Ewing, David Robinson, George Mikan, Bill Walton. Sometimes Duncan and Elvin Hayes are classed as centers, sometimes as forwards.

In terms of all-time MVP shares, Dwight is 38. Centers above besides the big six are David Robinson, Bob McAdoo, Dave Cowens, and Patrick Ewing.

Bottom line: Dwight isn't in the pantheon of the top tier all-time centers. He's in the tier just below them. His career has had some stumbles, but he's a clear first-ballot HoFer to me.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
epic_ wrote:

His rebounding stats seem a little inflated. I would say at least 3 rebounds per game is him either playing voley ball with thr backboard or rebounding his own missed gimmie at the rim.

Lol. That's a good point. I would be interested to see how many of his boards are from him missing gimmes.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1404959210597584901/photo/1
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1404959210597584901/photo/1

Fans drunk
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

He's not worth much on a championship team, so if he don't accept a reasonable offer let him walk. There is centers out there

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
He's not worth much on a championship team, so if he don't accept a reasonable offer let him walk. There is centers out there

Completely agree....He started off with a bang here cuz there was no AD or Bron....but as a role player he's only good for rebounding honestly. No more than $5 million a year so he walks.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

Completely agree....He started off with a bang here cuz there was no AD or Bron....but as a role player he's only good for rebounding honestly. No more than $5 million a year so he walks.

maybe I'm crazy, but I think Damian Jones can have a better impact than him
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

I think AD is a better defender, rebounder and scorer.
But Jones will cost less. So maybe Jones gets you more bang for the buck, but I think AD has more impact, imo.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
27 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

But Jones will cost less. So maybe Jones gets you more bang for the buck, but I think AD has more impact, imo.

I'm not an insider by any means but I know someone from the Sac training staff and they are very high on Jones...smart kid, engineer major from Vanderbilt....they hope to sign him to a multi year deal especially with the uncertainty of Holmes and the fact Jones played ahead of Whiteside.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject:

Drummond is worth nothing more than the vet min.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
epic_ wrote:
27 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

I'm not an insider by any means but I know someone from the Sac training staff and they are very high on Jones...smart kid, engineer major from Vanderbilt....they hope to sign him to a multi year deal especially with the uncertainty of Holmes and the fact Jones played ahead of Whiteside.

If you get a chance, mind asking the trainer if they had the chance to get AD or Jones at the same price who they would get? I know fans see some aspects of the game and player. But it's always interesting to see what people close to teams feel.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

if drummond wants to come back on the cheap, then fine... he won't though. i bet Rob knows he has to get Damian Jones back regardless.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
if drummond wants to come back on the cheap, then fine... he won't though. i bet Rob knows he has to get Damian Jones back regardless.

I could definitely see Pelinka asking for Damian Jones if we somehow get into Buddy Hield trade talk.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

No problem bringing him back for vet minimum if he wants to be here . I think he can thrive on a regular season and we can utilize him on certain matchup on limited role. Center position is not really a priority when it matters.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
King Randle wrote:
epic_ wrote:
27 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

If you get a chance, mind asking the trainer if they had the chance to get AD or Jones at the same price who they would get? I know fans see some aspects of the game and player. But it's always interesting to see what people close to teams feel.

I would be they don't communicate in that regards with the FO...He got the info about a possible multi year deal from Jones when he was getting worked on. Sacramento really appears to like him, like we did.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Vin wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Lol. That's a good point. I would be interested to see how many of his boards are from him missing gimmes.

Drummond does that on purpose -- it's a trick Moses Malone pioneered. He rushes his shot, knowing if he misses, he'll be quicker to the rebound than his opponent.

I am not sure how many of his rebounds a game that represents. Doubt it's three, since that would be all the offensive rebounds he averages.

But it would be interesting to see how many of his rebounds that represents, and what percentage he shoots on them.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
epic_ wrote:
King Randle wrote:
epic_ wrote:
27 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

I would be they don't communicate in that regards with the FO...He got the info about a possible multi year deal from Jones when he was getting worked on. Sacramento really appears to like him, like we did.

Cool cool. Thanks
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

Damian Jones signed a mult-year deal with the Kings. I'm sure they will pick up his option for next season.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/sacramento_kings/
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Damian Jones signed a mult-year deal with the Kings. I'm sure they will pick up his option for next season.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/sacramento_kings/

Exactly what he told the trainer...thank you...So Damian is out.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Drummond and Dedmon for vet min.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 77 of 81
Jump to: