ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

The fact that Drummond shares agents with Blake/DJ, and that the Nets can offer the most $ and a starting gig makes it tough for us. If he's bought out I assume he will join the Nets, which is a problem for us. Not that Drummond is a defensive monster but he can gobble up rebounds for them if he can adapt to being that role player.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

It should be noted that Drummond was born in NY and spent the rest of his pre-NBA life in Connecticut. I don't think it will be close especially when you consider Brooklyn has a much bigger need at center and he'll be hunting for a new contract.

The truth is I think he'll be disappointed with his minutes in Brooklyn with Nash and MDA at the helm and Jeff Green already on board. He just won't realize it until it's too late.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
It should be noted that Drummond was born in NY and spent the rest of his pre-NBA life in Connecticut. I don't think it will be close especially when you consider Brooklyn has a much bigger need at center and he'll be hunting for a new contract.

The truth is I think he'll be disappointed with his minutes in Brooklyn with Nash and MDA at the helm and Jeff Green already on board. He just won't realize it until it's too late.

They'll also play DJ too. (23mpg right now).

But we also play Marc around 20mpg. IMO you would have to start Drummond, and have Marc with Trez as Marc can space the floor.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Otto Porter would be a more meaningful pick up if he's bought out.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Well over 40% for catch and shoot and wide open 3s.

Sniper the Lakers could use.

Quote:
Catch and Shoot | Wide Open 3's

This season: 43.8% | 44.4%
2019: 42.2% | 36%
2018: 43.2% | 40.7%
2017: 44.4% | 42.5%

Obviously Ariza is more feasible at this point, but Porter is a super intriguing option for teams if he's bought out.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

How's his health? Otto Porter I mean.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

He would be awesome. Though he hasn't played this year and played only 16 games last year.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Stein has gotten really pathetic. "If" the Cavs buy out Drummond (which probably won't happen) there is "optimism" (based on what?) that Drummond will give "strong consideration" (whatever that means) to the Lakers. So basically, Stein is reporting nothing.

P.S. This really belongs in the General Free Agency/Trade thread. If someone starts a thread over every clickbait rumor that comes along in the next couple weeks, this Forum is going to be unreadable.

Stein has to fill space.

If reporters only filed when they had something genuine to report, 97% of all sports reporting would disappear.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Drummond is exactly who we need. He is better than and makes up for the loss of Dwight. Drummond would feast with Lebron and AD on the team. His shooting percentage would go up with all the lobs and easy buckets he would get. And he would instantly provide the rim protection we miss. Gasol with Trez off the bench would be awesome. This is it, they get this guy and it's game over.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The fact that Drummond shares agents with Blake/DJ, and that the Nets can offer the most $ and a starting gig makes it tough for us. If he's bought out I assume he will join the Nets, which is a problem for us. Not that Drummond is a defensive monster but he can gobble up rebounds for them if he can adapt to being that role player.

Could that be a bad thing? Wouldn’t Jeff Swartz want to keep his clients happy with meaningful roles? Drummond to the nets hurts DA, but I guess if all they want is a ring so be it.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

O’Connor: Drummond to Lakers or Nets, Boogie the fall back option

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-looking-to-sign-andre-drummond-for-front-court-depth-if-center-gets-bought-out-by-cavaliers-per-report/

Quote:
“Lakers have interest in free agent DeMarcus Cousins, but Drummond is their preference if he gets bought out. If Drummond does end up hitting the buyout market, consider the Lakers and Nets as the two favorites to add him.“

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

He would be awesome. Though he hasn't played this year and played only 16 games last year.

16 games this season so far, 14 games last season.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Drummond a pretty mediocre defender who likes to score 1-on-1 on offense?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

16 games this season so far, 14 games last season.

That's right. 86 games in 3 seasons (including this one) so far. Yikes. If healthy and released, would absolutely take him in a heartbeat. But Nets have that additional 5.9m exception...so they could theoretically grab him and Drummond.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

We're getting Javele McGee.

A combo of McGee/Gasol with Harrell and AD assisting is sufficient to get out of the west. We will need someone quicker afoot than Gasol to handle the Net's quick scorers.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

I think someone is just trying to set up the Lakers for disappointment. So all the headlines can be that they missed out on Drummond.

Or it's just Drummond's agent using the Lakers as leverage. Threaten that you will sign with the Lakers so that Nets offer you the MLE. I don't expect him to sign here.

Nets can offer the most playing time. You could easily not even be in the rotation with the Lakers in the playoffs. Marc is older, but you trust him more in a playoff series. Montrezl needs his minutes off the bench. And Anthony Davis is going to play Center in the playoffs. Let's not forget that Dwight/Javale were out of the rotation for most of the playoffs and Anthony Davis was who we relied on at Center.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Tbh I was more optimistic before seeing this thread, now it just feels like Kawhi all over again.

Seriously don't see any incentives at all for Drummond to join us.

I hope Rob has a good fall back plan, just like how we signed DG to make up for missing on Kawhi wow that sounded depressing
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

I want to be wrong, wrong , wrong, but Drummond coming here makes no sense if he's bought out. Born in the east, raised in the east, with a chance to almost bus ride from Ohio to Brooklyn for a real chance at a championship.

Everything points to a more loaded Nets team. Regardless, championships are won on the court, not paper. So be it!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Drummond a pretty mediocre defender who likes to score 1-on-1 on offense?

He has dropped off from being one of the best a bit since going to Cleveland. But he’s only 27 with no major injury history(?) so could it just be not giving a (bleep) in CLE?

Offensively he’s never been good. For someone with with his size and athleticism, he is a horrendous finisher. Him trying to score himself usually works out poorly. Like Kwame with more defensive upside. But he’s better finishing lobs. Which he’d hopefully get plenty of.

I know everyone prefers Porter if it comes down to choosing, but he is a totally average defender. I wonder if his shot abandons him, as it has virtually every shooter we’ve ever signed, does he provide value in other ways? Is he that much an upgrade over kieff or Kuz? Assuming he doesnt just show up and shoot 44% from 3?

Drummond to me more reliably addresses a greater need.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

We shouldn't even entertain, nor go down this path until Drummond is officially bought out. After thinking it through, I don't believe Blake liked the Lakers enough to consider especially since he signed for less money. They did that intentionally to have a shot a Drummond should he become a FA and offer him more money and a starting role.

No one wants LBJ to win another championship and they sure don't want the Lakers organization to win another one!
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Drummond is not coming here.

Probably not but who knows if AD/Lebron may have his ear.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

You may be right, but I'm sure KD/Kyrie/Harden/Blake/DJ will be in his ear too if they are interested.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I was thinking that as well, and then the thought struck me that in this scenario it't not Klutch, it's their agent Jeff Schwartz, whose notable client Griffin just went there.

He also represents Drummond and DeAndre Jordan among others. Different ball game for back channel contact.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

It’s gonna take the Lakers convincing Drummond that he can have a big role on this team, he’s not gonna come here to be a back up because he’s gonna want to cash in by showing his value, we might have to trade Harrell if we wanna have a chance at getting Drummond.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Honestly feels like a leverage play, but I would love Drummond on the Lakers because I think our own mod Mike nailed it with this tweet:

Quote:
Hope he's a Laker. It's tough to find guys that are 270+lbs with an actual motor. The acquisition would give LAL a lob threat and someone that can rebound consistently. More than defense, that's what LAL needs. Giving AD and LBJ multiple/additional possessions is the biggest +

We have not been anywhere close to as dominant with our rebounding both offensively and defensively, in fact generally getting destroyed on defensive rebounding.

Don’t think he is coming here, but if he did he would add a dimension we sorely miss.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 2 of 81
Jump to: