ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Might as well start Gasol @ C and let drummond come off the bench.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Tried to tell you guys you wouldn't like him.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Might as well start Gasol @ C and let drummond come off the bench.

Correct.. Gasol has always been a winner, Dummond learned how to be content with losing..
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Tried to tell you guys you wouldn't like him.

Long time fbb player - AD2 used to put up some ridiculous #'s. His past stats had me all giddy.

But yeah, loosing interest quickly. More surprising than his lack of post moves is his inability to finish at the rim strong after contact. So he not even a lob threat doh!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

He reminds me of Kwame with his tendency to miss the easy gimmies, if he does that in the playoffs he will be DNPd in the playoffs.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
He reminds me of Kwame with his tendency to miss the easy gimmies, if he does that in the playoffs he will be DNPd in the playoffs.

That was the exact comparison i used during all the run-up on whether we'd get him. He's basically Kwame with better rebounding.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That was the exact comparison i used during all the run-up on whether we'd get him. He's basically Kwame with better rebounding.

Could Kwame gave averaged 17 and 15?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Notice how much more the team is competitive when Drummond is on the bench in foul trouble?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

So glad he will demand money we cannot give him in summer.
I would take Dwight over him always.
He need bad team to play with. Orlando seems good destination for him.
Empty stats without being under any pressure.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Drummond is a slow learner. It's not going to work in the time frame that we have.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:10 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Kwame played Dwight, Shaq, Yao, Duncan, KG, JO, Kenyon, Ben Wallace, Sheed, and others at their best so no. Drummond wouldn’t either playing those guys
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:28 am    Post subject:

I feel we got Drummond so other teams don't get him, but tbh I don't see him as a great improvement over what we need to win another chip. Reason being, I don't really think it'd drastically improve our chances to win having him playing heavy minutes during playoffs, and the RS games he is playing somehow take away some minutes to run playoff lineups.... So our chemistry and cohesion is arguably worse and the matchups he can shine in... feels like a 'win more' card.
Of course if his presence allows us to get in the playoffs and not getting him would've made us miss them (due to injuries) then his signing was spot on. In the end, we'll see how this pans out, and I really hope it's with another Larry...

CandyCanes wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Kwame's best season (10.9/7.4) averaged less than Drummond's stretch with us (worst since his rookie season, 11.5/9.3 so far).
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:08 am    Post subject:

Really? We still talking about Kwaaamehhh Brown??
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

What is the Lakers record since AD2 arrived?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

Not a fan of his game other than the fact that he hustles and can move well for a guy his size.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

I feel like his toe is still bothering him and impacting his vertical. Haven't seen him dunk like he meant it in a long time.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
I feel like his toe is still bothering him and impacting his vertical. Haven't seen him dunk like he meant it in a long time.

I'm not sure if there's something to this. But he did have some real good games since the injury so unless he re-aggravated it we don't know. He hasn't played well with AD except for when Bron played. So I expect him to play better when Bron returns. And with AD playing like he did last year I expect Drummond will get a lot more easier opportunities.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

Well on the bright side Drummond isn't proving he deserves a max contract. If he sticks with us, can cap or maybe pau teach him how to actually play center?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:

This might point to the reason why his lift and explosion is off but his IQ is still terrible. Dude is constantly lost out there.. he's just no a championship player. Maybe with proper coaching and culture he can grow into that the way Kuz did but still, he's bad right now.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Well on the bright side Drummond isn't proving he deserves a max contract. If he sticks with us, can cap or maybe pau teach him how to actually play center?

It makes me curious when people say this. Which centers that are as old or older than Drummond (27) have Cap or Gasol (or any other hall of fame center for that matter) mentored/trained to achieve a higher level of play?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

Drummond should NOT be CLOSING games.

I repeat, Drummond should NOT be CLOSING games.

What is Frank Vogel thinking????

3rd time he tried to sub Drummond in the fourth to close a game, and 3rd time the other team made a run!

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
What is the Lakers record since AD2 arrived?

8-13 since he arrived.

6-11 when he plays.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Drummond should NOT be CLOSING games.

I repeat, Drummond should NOT be CLOSING games.

What is Frank Vogel thinking????

3rd time he tried to sub Drummond in the fourth to close a game, and 3rd time the other team made a run!

Drummond NEEDS lebron on the court more than any other player on the roster. Lebron is the only player who can maximize whatever talent and skill Drummond has and enhance it. Drummond is a beast on the offensive boards, he got 7 last night and he hustled for damn nearly every single one of em. Lebron has got to teach him how to finish layups, he cant seriously be this bad. Drummond play time needs to be capped at about 20 minutes a game like Dwights was last year, and he needs to be super agressive and not be worried about fouling out.

Drummond should not be given a role that exceeds beyond 20 minutes.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'd wager half those rebounds are from him wildly bricking a shot from 1 foot away after being spoon fed with a great pass. I had high hopes for him but Detroit and Cavalier fans were both ECSTATIC when he got moved. We were warned by their respective fan bases all over Reddit that he's the ultimate stat stuffing bum. I was bamboozled by that very same guh....17 and 15.

Dude is straight, hot, garbage.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Pureshot77 wrote:

This might point to the reason why his lift and explosion is off but his IQ is still terrible. Dude is constantly lost out there.. he's just no a championship player. Maybe with proper coaching and culture he can grow into that the way Kuz did but still, he's bad right now.

AD2 may be playing hurt which I guess can be somewhat of an excuse. However, I think the main issue is what you eluded to; Lack of BB IQ, consistency, effort and attention to details. (Same can be said of Kuz even after the growth). To list just a few examples - Both are bad at finishing at the rim that take consistent focus/concentration, bad at anticipating plays on both offense and defense, inconsistent at boxing out and both have poor "feel for the game" as evidenced by many bonehead plays and dumb turnovers.

I do give credit that Kuz has improved on certain aspects since his rookie year and maybe AD2 can progress as well but I wouldn't hold my breath since even after progressing, Kuz' contribution is relatively easy to replace.

What any championship team needs are role players with high effort/IQ. Guys like Rondo, Dwight, AC, KCP, Gasol, Ibaka, Draymond, Iggy, Livingston where they are just relentlessly doing whatever they can to win the game. Even when these role players are playing like crap, you still know they are on the floor with the effort and winning plays. Both Kuz and AD2 disappear way too often as evidenced by long stretches with zero FGs - can't win like that.

I am good with both of them being gone next year....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 66 of 81
Jump to: