Fatal Crash in Imperial County

View previous topic :: View next topic  
safari_in_cali
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject: Fatal Crash in Imperial County

This morning a Ford Expedition collided with a semi truck in Imperial County, with at least 15 people dead. According to the new reports, there were 25 or 28 occupants in the Expedition. How is that even possible? The youngest person was 15 years old... Link
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal Crash in Imperial County

safari_in_cali wrote:
This morning a Ford Expedition collided with a semi truck in Imperial County, with at least 15 people dead. According to the new reports, there were 25 or 28 occupants in the Expedition. How is that even possible? The youngest person was 15 years old... Link

Hard to imagine how you can fit that many people into that vehicle, obviously not that many seats or seatbelts. Maybe take all the seats out and pack the people in like packages or something. Horrific accident.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal Crash in Imperial County

SweetP wrote:
safari_in_cali wrote:

Hard to imagine how you can fit that many people into that vehicle, obviously not that many seats or seatbelts. Maybe take all the seats out and pack the people in like packages or something. Horrific accident.

Safe to say that given the area and circumstances, this was illegal immigrants being trafficked. Horrible.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Not inconceivable to think they could also be farmworkers or something of that nature.
If it weren't for the horrific circumstances, I'd want to inquire more on how they fit so many damn people in there.

**Queue Ron Burgundy "I'm not even mad, I'm impressed" GIF**
safari_in_cali
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal Crash in Imperial County

DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:
safari_in_cali wrote:

Safe to say that given the area and circumstances, this was illegal immigrants being trafficked. Horrible.

They must have been packed like sardines in a can, still hard to imagine how they managed to fit 28 adults in an 8 seater.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal Crash in Imperial County

DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:
safari_in_cali wrote:

Yep, I don't want to jump to conclusions but given the location I wouldn't be surprised. Only other thing I can think of is maybe workers (documented or not) being transported to a work site or farm with zero provisions for their safety.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal Crash in Imperial County

safari_in_cali wrote:
According to the new reports, there were 25 or 28 occupants in the Expedition

WTFFFFFFFFFFF

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Fatal Crash in Imperial County

SweetP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:
safari_in_cali wrote:

Yep, I don't want to jump to conclusions but given the location I wouldn't be surprised. Only other thing I can think of is maybe workers (documented or not) being transported to a work site or farm with zero provisions for their safety.

That's a possibility, but that level of just cramming as many bodies into a small space reeks of sneaking as many people as possible across the border versus getting a bunch of workers out to the fields to then do a full day of hard work.

Either way, it's reprehensible.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

^^^^ That SUV would have been looking like a lowrider with all that weight and all those bodies in there. I doubt it travelled for that long a distance before the impact
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
^^^^ That SUV would have been looking like a lowrider with all that weight and all those bodies in there. I doubt it travelled for that long a distance before the impact

I'm not going to belabor an argument of mutual speculation. The location is a relatively short distance from the border. To me it has the hallmark of trafficking people across the border. But whatever the context of how this happened, it's (bleep) up and I'll leave it at that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:50 am    Post subject:

Not trying to argue with you, bro.

Effed up situation, no doubt. We'll see once details emerge.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

Seats were removed to cram more people into the vehicle. Many of the passengers were Mexican Nationals. Human trafficking is a likely scenario.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

^^Looking more and more like that is the case. Wow!
So did they cross the border like that? Or use some secret route? Or was this guy just transporting them after they all came across already? So many questions.
What a terrible scenario.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

My guess: The passengers were picked up on the US side, as it would be nearly impossible to cross 25-plus people through the border...all in a vehicle meant for about 8 people.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

illegals

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/california/suv-in-crash-came-through-hole-in-border-fence/2537560/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject:

How can there be a hole? Trump built a great wall!

safari_in_cali
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
How can there be a hole? Trump built a great wall!

Apparently this was an old wall built before Trump. From the article, "It was made of steel bollards that were built before former President Donald Trump blanketed much of the border with taller barriers that go deeper into the ground. Photos show a panel of eight steel poles was lifted out and left on the ground in the desert next to an old tire and other debris."
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
illegals

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/california/suv-in-crash-came-through-hole-in-border-fence/2537560/

Wow the other vehicle that came thru the wall with the SUV had 18 more people in it, and it caught fire later. Fortunately no one was injured in that incident.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

When I saw the location and number of people in the vehicle my first thought was coyote. It must have been a converted SUV. I don't have anything to back this up, it's a thought. I think America is the most sort out country for illegals. It has the most to offer.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
When I saw the location and number of people in the vehicle my first thought was coyote. It must have been a converted SUV. I don't have anything to back this up, it's a thought. I think America is the most sort out country for illegals. It has the most to offer.

Yeah. Likely that the only actual seat in it was the driver's seat. I wouldn't be surprised if they also bought every piece of space they could by opening up the floor or the rear and removing the spare etc. It was probably just a big open space like a cargo van. My other more gruesome guess (and definitely a guess) is that the fact that so many people being crammed in there meant that some died because of the crush of bodies against each other.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: