*** Los Angeles Lakers @ Denver Nuggets (02/14/21 @ 7:00PM PST) Gm#28***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30787

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
vancouverthrowback wrote:
God forbid AD has a torn achilles but if he does we need to make the win now move. Can't afford to waste another year of LeBron after 2019


I suggested we play Kuzma at the 4 and trade AD for Beal and Bryant a few weeks back.

But the problem with having Klutch control the team is that you live and die by their decisions.


Bryant is out for the year and Beal is a historically bad defender. Zero rim protection without AD, Dwight, or McGee.


AD hasn't looked right most of the year. If AD is healthy you don't make the trade... but I mentioned it in this context.


AD is better than that entire Wizards team combined. He’s also what, 28? Even if he’s done for the season, that would suck, but still not worth trading him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 4471

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

AD might be like Kyrie. You can’t expect him to be available the entire season and through the Finals. His body will break down. I’m preparing for the worst. The sad thing is he just signed a massive contract...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 15695

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Ass kicking was inevitably going to happen given how the Lakers have been playing.

Now we see how they react and go from here. What they have been doing all season won’t win a Chip but they probably already know that.

There are some dudes that need to step up or Vogel needs to start shaving minutes.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 8526

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

It shouldn’t be a tear, he was able to walk into the locker room
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 29361
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Hoping we hear good news on ad in the next 24 hours

Even so expect him to miss several games


He needs to sit for a goodly amount of time and let the tendonosis/strain heal itself as fully as possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 1247

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
I said in the beginning. Gasol is useless. Rob messed up the team big time. But ppl here projected me as clipper fan....everyone in the clipper team except Zubac is a better 3 pt shooter now than anyone in our team..gasol, trez, ac, tht, ds suck at 3 pt shooting and they all play heavy minutes

You can only do so much with energy and defense. You need to score as well to win games


Yeah that’s why Caruso was leading the league in threes or close to it

It’s not as bad as you’re playing it out to be the A.D. situation is bad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 31604
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
I said in the beginning. Gasol is useless. Rob messed up the team big time. But ppl here projected me as clipper fan....everyone in the clipper team except Zubac is a better 3 pt shooter now than anyone in our team..gasol, trez, ac, tht, ds suck at 3 pt shooting and they all play heavy minutes

You can only do so much with energy and defense. You need to score as well to win games


It’s really odd to me how the name “Gasol” has just been used as a punching bag for more seasons than it was used positively. It started in the 2011 playoffs and continued until the end of Pau’s tenure here— close to half of his time as a Laker. Now it’s picking up with Marc.

Not saying I disagree, just weird since it’s an all time great Laker last name.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BILBJH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 831

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
vancouverthrowback wrote:
God forbid AD has a torn achilles but if he does we need to make the win now move. Can't afford to waste another year of LeBron after 2019


I suggested we play Kuzma at the 4 and trade AD for Beal and Bryant a few weeks back.

But the problem with having Klutch control the team is that you live and die by their decisions.


Bryant is out for the year and Beal is a historically bad defender. Zero rim protection without AD, Dwight, or McGee.


AD hasn't looked right most of the year. If AD is healthy you don't make the trade... but I mentioned it in this context.


AD is better than that entire Wizards team combined. He’s also what, 28? Even if he’s done for the season, that would suck, but still not worth trading him.


AD is not skilled like KD. If his Achilles goes bad, it will be a career altering situation. He'll still be good, but much less than he was before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 1834

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
It shouldn’t be a tear, he was able to walk into the locker room


Kobe shot FT's then walk in the locker room???... Just saying achilles is tricky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 31604
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
vancouverthrowback wrote:
God forbid AD has a torn achilles but if he does we need to make the win now move. Can't afford to waste another year of LeBron after 2019


I suggested we play Kuzma at the 4 and trade AD for Beal and Bryant a few weeks back.

But the problem with having Klutch control the team is that you live and die by their decisions.


Bryant is out for the year and Beal is a historically bad defender. Zero rim protection without AD, Dwight, or McGee.


AD hasn't looked right most of the year. If AD is healthy you don't make the trade... but I mentioned it in this context.


AD is better than that entire Wizards team combined. He’s also what, 28? Even if he’s done for the season, that would suck, but still not worth trading him.


AD is not skilled like KD. If his Achilles goes bad, it will be a career altering situation. He'll still be good, but much less than he was before.


Yeah, see DeMarcus Cousins with the Warriors. Still a 16 ppg guy but clearly not the same. And AD is a lot more reliant on his athleticism than Cousins was.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 15695

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
It shouldn’t be a tear, he was able to walk into the locker room


That’s my feeling too. At least I hope...
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roger_federer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 823

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
I said in the beginning. Gasol is useless. Rob messed up the team big time. But ppl here projected me as clipper fan....everyone in the clipper team except Zubac is a better 3 pt shooter now than anyone in our team..gasol, trez, ac, tht, ds suck at 3 pt shooting and they all play heavy minutes

You can only do so much with energy and defense. You need to score as well to win games


Yeah that’s why Caruso was leading the league in threes or close to it

It’s not as bad as you’re playing it out to be the A.D. situation is bad


If you think AC is good 3 pt shooter. I have absolutely nothing to say
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3871

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Since the Bucks game, the Lakers are 98 of 331 from deep... good for 29%.

We're shooting 23% over the previous 4 games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 29361
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
It shouldn’t be a tear, he was able to walk into the locker room


That’s my feeling too. At least I hope...


It’s my understanding that it can still be a tear but it’s unlikely to be a full rupture if he’s walking off relatively normally. So that’s a good thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 19421

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LOL Quinn

Anyway so yeah...


I have no problem with guys playing til the buzzer sounds but Stu would have given a stern lecture if an opponent pulled that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 4471

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Ass kicking was inevitably going to happen given how the Lakers have been playing.

Now we see how they react and go from here. What they have been doing all season won’t win a Chip but they probably already know that.

There are some dudes that need to step up or Vogel needs to start shaving minutes.

It’s obvious what needs to happen. Schroder needs to come off the bench. Him and Trez need to lead second unit. I view it as selfish that he won’t make the necessary adjustment for the team. He’s a waste in the starting lineup. It was okay when KCP was lighting it up from three but his regression has made Schroder stand out even more. Vogel won’t make this adjustment
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 31604
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Ass kicking was inevitably going to happen given how the Lakers have been playing.

Now we see how they react and go from here. What they have been doing all season won’t win a Chip but they probably already know that.

There are some dudes that need to step up or Vogel needs to start shaving minutes.

It’s obvious what needs to happen. Schroder needs to come off the bench. Him and Trez need to lead second unit. I view it as selfish that he won’t make the necessary adjustment for the team. He’s a waste in the starting lineup. It was okay when KCP was lighting it up from three but his regression has made Schroder stand out even more. Vogel won’t make this adjustment


The team was best last year with LeBron as PG. Wish we still had Avery Bradley to start,
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 9391

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Since the Bucks game, the Lakers are 98 of 331 from deep... good for 29%.

We're shooting 23% over the previous 4 games.


Thanks for that stat line Pen, the numbers bear out the eye test...they are literally shooting less than g league worthy as a team from 3 of late.

whats wierd is kcp still shooting 44%. LOL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13946
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
A GOOD POST FROM ONE OF LGS RESIDENT DOCTORS

shoulder doc wrote:
drae wrote:
So Trudell is reporting initially a "strain". A "strain" can mean a tear. I'll be very surprised if he didn't tear his achilles. Even so a "strained" achilles may very well be a season ending injury

Playing him this game and last was STUPID. Did people not learn from Kobe?


A strain means not a tear but we don't know for sure until the MRI. A better analogy is what happened with KD and the warriors so it's surprising to have him play.

Hopefully it's just a strain/tendinosis and he can rest 6 weeks with full recovery.


The Only post that matters right now. Thank you Always TDrock and shoulderDoc

Pretty much about 80% of all the other posts in this thread have been the usual LG Pessimists Spitting out their usual hot garbage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13946
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
It shouldn’t be a tear, he was able to walk into the locker room


That’s my feeling too. At least I hope...


Yup exactly what Big Game was saying right now as well.

If we somehow escape AD coming out okay, we better rest him a month at minimum to state the obvious.

Definitely all comes down to the MRI tomorrow 🙏🙏🙏
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3871

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Strains are tears and are classified as grade 1,2, or 3... 3 being a complete rupture.

A torn muscle is a strain.
A torn ligament is a sprain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 8526

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
It shouldn’t be a tear, he was able to walk into the locker room


Kobe shot FT's then walk in the locker room???... Just saying achilles is tricky.

Kobe knew by that time it was tear, and Obviously that’s not What AD has. That’s not a hard diagnosis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13946
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

@Mike Trudell

Frank Vogel said he spoke to AD tonight at halftime, and that his spirits were good. Davis felt like he tweaked and re-aggravated what he had last week. They’re hopeful it’s nothing serious, and will await the MRI tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 8526

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
It shouldn’t be a tear, he was able to walk into the locker room


That’s my feeling too. At least I hope...


It’s my understanding that it can still be a tear but it’s unlikely to be a full rupture if he’s walking off relatively normally. So that’s a good thing.

Even a partial tear, we’d be lucky to have AD back in the playoffs. I hope it is just a strain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 9391

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Ass kicking was inevitably going to happen given how the Lakers have been playing.

Now we see how they react and go from here. What they have been doing all season won’t win a Chip but they probably already know that.

There are some dudes that need to step up or Vogel needs to start shaving minutes.

It’s obvious what needs to happen. Schroder needs to come off the bench. Him and Trez need to lead second unit. I view it as selfish that he won’t make the necessary adjustment for the team. He’s a waste in the starting lineup. It was okay when KCP was lighting it up from three but his regression has made Schroder stand out even more. Vogel won’t make this adjustment


The team was best last year with LeBron as PG. Wish we still had Avery Bradley to start,


I was worried about the "DS has to start" thing at the start of the year. He has definitely had his moments where has shined or brought some really nice D, but I am not seeing a player that has established himself as someone that should be getting what he wants (20 mil a year).

I'm not sure how sustainable LBJ at PG can be (as in years), but I won't disagree that I preferred AB starting back there and LBJ bringing it up. With AB, he brought it defensively and you just were happy with whatever offense he brought. DS, on the other hand, you expect him to do more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB