Bay Area experiencing surge in hate crimes against Asian-Americans
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:07 am    Post subject: Bay Area experiencing surge in hate crimes against Asian-Americans

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject:

lunar new year is coming up this weekend, be careful
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

*Hides in corner*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Looks like they caught one of the people doing this, hopefully they can track down any of the other cretins picking on asian and/or elderly people.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yahya-muslim-arrest-oakland-asian-american-attacks/
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

The hatred/violence that humans are willing to inflict on their fellow humans...this is partly due to Trump ranting about the "China" virus no doubt, but these freaks are just looking for an excuse.

Assaulting an elderly Asian person because you think they are Chinese and therefore responsible for a virus, smh.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I would think that the last place in America that would see hate crimes vs. Asian-Americans would be the Bay area. I'm not Asian-American, but when I go to SF/OAK, it seems like it's very Asian friendly.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I would think that the last place in America that would see hate crimes vs. Asian-Americans would be the Bay area. I'm not Asian-American, but when I go to SF/OAK, it seems like it's very Asian friendly.

Have you heard the concept of people traveling from outside the area to commit crimes?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Have you heard the concept of people traveling from outside the area to commit crimes?

Sadly, that’s likely not what is happening. There are plenty of racists even in racially welcoming areas. And someone like Trump makes them feel proud and willing to act out.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Hard to watch. Hope that gentleman is doing OK.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

I live in the Bay Area and I've got a somewhat unpopular take on this. And I'll begin by saying that I do indeed believe some of these attacks are purely racially motivated.

However, attacks against Asians here in the Bay Area are normally robberies. There was a gentleman robbed at gunpoint downtown SF for his Rolex not too long ago, victim wrestled the gun away and shot the robber.

There was another "attack" just a few days ago in front of a bank, they stole a deposit bag with 15k in it.

Both were targeting Asians although not hate motivated.

The Asian community is targeted because there's a cultural stigma that Asians are wealthy, do not trust banks so carry a lot of cash, and make easy targets that cannot defend themselves. Criminals/Gangs see Asians as an easy mark. But to be honest, it's not just a Bay Area thing, was the same when I lived in South LA growing up.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

I live in the Bay Area and I've got a somewhat unpopular take on this. And I'll begin by saying that I do indeed believe some of these attacks are purely racially motivated.

However, attacks against Asians here in the Bay Area are normally robberies. There was a gentleman robbed at gunpoint downtown SF for his Rolex not too long ago, victim wrestled the gun away and shot the robber.

There was another "attack" just a few days ago in front of a bank, they stole a deposit bag with 15k in it.

The Asian community is targeted because there's a cultural stigma that Asians are wealthy, do not trust banks so carry a lot of cash, and make easy targets that cannot defend themselves. Criminals/Gangs see Asians as an easy mark. But to be honest, it's not just a Bay Area thing, was the same when I lived in South LA growing up.

This is true, but it was true before Trump and Covid, and doesn’t explain the spike in numbers across the country.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

This is true, but it was true before Trump and Covid, and doesn’t explain the spike in numbers across the country.

Completely agree, Omar.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:45 am    Post subject:

Man, these ‘random’ Asian attacks getting worse in NYC
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

I didn't know Jeremy was still playing ball. I liked him when he was in the NBA big leagues. He played on 8 NBA teams Rockets, Golden State Warriors, Charlotte Hornets, Los Angeles Lakers, Atlanta Hawks, Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks and Toronto Raptors.

Jeremy Lin says he's 'not shaming anyone' after claim he was called 'coronavirus' on court

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Man, these ‘random’ Asian attacks getting worse in NYC

Ppl have so much pent up hatred or nothing better to do with themselves?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

Attacking an older Asian might get you three felonies for the-price-of-one: assault, elder abuse, and a hate crime.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/03/04/rally-held-to-stop-hate-crimes-towards-asians-as-la-sees-114-increase/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Getting Menace II Society vibes.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject:

GA PD: ‘it was sexually motivated, not racially’

Loud and clear... Lol, stop complaining Asians, know your place!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Your feel good (ok not good, but better)video of the day

Man attacks elderly Asian woman and she sends HIM to the hospital
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

My wife is Asian. She's noticed a major change in attitudes in the workplace, all of which initiated during the Trump years. Trump appeals to two camps: Members or sympathizers of hard-core hate groups, plus folks that are otherwise pleasant but harbor deep-rooted prejudices. The latter is more dangerous and pervasive in professional settings.

Trump just brought it out into the open though. The attitudes were always there, lurking under the surface. The movie Sixteen Candles exemplifies Hollywood's ability to deliver a blatantly offensive set of stereotypes and escape with nary a critical remark from either film critics or audiences.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
The movie Sixteen Candles exemplifies Hollywood's ability to deliver a blatantly offensive set of stereotypes and escape with nary a critical remark from either film critics or audiences.

Sixteen Candles
No more yanky my wanky. The Donger need food.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Coward attacks 76 yrs old lady for no reason and she fought back and beat him up. What a scumbag

https://us.yahoo.com/news/elderly-asian-woman-fights-back-153513022.html
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Coward attacks 76 yrs old lady for no reason and she fought back and beat him up. What a scumbag

https://us.yahoo.com/news/elderly-asian-woman-fights-back-153513022.html

The police should have given her a few minutes with the perp. Come on 5-0. Do right for once.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A man urinated on an Asian woman aboard a Queens-bound subway train over the weekend, cops said Monday.

The disgusting act unfolded around 1:30 p.m. Saturday when the creep pulled out his penis on an F train and started to relieve himself, according to police.

The horrified woman, who is in her 20s, shifted down the train, but the man then turned and started peeing on the subway seat next to her, splashing her with urine, cops said.

“He started standing really close to me and I began to feel uncomfortable,” the woman told blog AsianFeed. “So I scooted to my right and noticed that his penis was pointed at me and that there was urine on my bag and jacket.”

She said the two made eye contact — but the man remained mum.

[url=https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEFMNwUREojeWjM-6AZ3C614qGAgEKg8IACoHCAowhK-LAjD4ySww-9W0BQ?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen][/url]
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: