Dustin Neil Diamond- January 7, 1977 – February 1, 2021
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Dustin Neil Diamond- January 7, 1977 – February 1, 2021

'Saved by the Bell' star Dustin Diamond dies at 44 after battle with cancer

Quote:
"We are saddened to confirm of Dustin Diamond’s passing on Monday, February 1st, 2021 due to carcinoma," his publicist Roger Paul confirmed to USA TODAY.

"He was diagnosed with this brutal, relentless form of malignant cancer only three weeks ago. In that time, it managed to spread rapidly throughout his system; the only mercy it exhibited was its sharp and swift execution. Dustin did not suffer. He did not have to lie submerged in pain. For that, we are grateful."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2021/02/01/dustin-diamond-dead-saved-bell-star-44/4343089001/
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

Screech

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

Weird. At first I was skeptical of the cancer announcement, Diamond pulled a scam years ago about losing his house, and actively solicited donations from well-wishers. He later mentioned that it was all a gag.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

Aww. RIP Screech! ZOIKS!
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Aww. RIP Screech! ZOIKS!

(bleep). First Artie, now Screech. RIP
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

It had been a while since I've watched the show on TBS so I actually started binging the original series on Peacock last week. Although the episodes I'm watching are nearly 30 years old, the news feels kind of surreal when you're watching a show with these people in their late-teens/early-20s.

It's sad whenever anyone passes at such a young age. RIP Dustin.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I didn't realize his middle name was Neil.

Regardless of his past issues I did enjoy Screech for the most part and OG SBTB.

44 isn't that old to me anymore.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Farewell Screech.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Aww. RIP Screech! ZOIKS!

(bleep). First Artie, now Screech. RIP

Artie who? Sopranos Artie or Arite Lange? You have me panicking here, Dlad. I checked to see if any of the kids from "Good Morning Miss Bliss" were named Artie. The AC Slater of that era was named Max in the show, couldn't be him. Mr. Belding should do the eulogy for Screech. He should go up to the podium and shout, "Ay, ayy, ayy, WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!..."

I was just looking at the epi layout of the Miss Bliss shows (the original format of SBTB w/ some original characters) and the 2nd epi has Zack in love with fellow classmate played by Carla Gugino. Dayum, that show goes back FAR. Started in July 87.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Artie was Slater's pet lizard.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Slater's Friend:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0695218/
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

My God. I remember that epi, but you two lads are NEXT level. Take that however you want. Haha, effin lizard reference.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

My God. I remember that epi, but you two lads are NEXT level. Take that however you want. Haha, effin lizard reference.

Haha...classic man.

I actually read Dustin's book (don't judge me, I'm a sucker for these type of behind the scenes books) and he mentions this episode is one of the least ran in syndication because of the sheer stupidity of it.

He also talks about the scene where they're singing 'Artie Boy' at Artie's funeral took numerous takes because they all couldn't hold in their laughter ( You can see the scene where Jessie is singing, Screech and Slater are doing all they can to keep from bursting in laughter)

RIP Dustin. You were, no doubt, a memorable part of my childhood.

Belding: 'Screech, you can't elope!'
Screech: 'Who are you calling a cantaloupe you melon head?!?'

And then one of my other favorites: 'A building with two Beldings, one of whom is balding'
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:

And then one of my other favorites: 'A building with two Beldings, one of whom is balding'

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Haha...classic man.

I actually read Dustin's book (don't judge me, I'm a sucker for these type of behind the scenes books) and he mentions this episode is one of the least ran in syndication because of the sheer stupidity of it.

He also talks about the scene where they're singing 'Artie Boy' at Artie's funeral took numerous takes because they all couldn't hold in their laughter ( You can see the scene where Jessie is singing, Screech and Slater are doing all they can to keep from bursting in laughter)

RIP Dustin. You were, no doubt, a memorable part of my childhood.

I remember Dustin on Howard Stern circa early 2Ks. He had the standard parents took my money story. Sucks. I remember him saying Ricky Schroder's parents were one of the few examples of supportive ones in the biz. They took his money and bought a few McD's and other stuff that he was still banking on in the "not young and cute anymore" phase of his career. I support ANY TV kid's comeback into adult roles after that phase, no matter how long it takes. EG: Josh Brolin's big comeback in No Country and Zabka's and Macchio's returns in Cobra Kai or even Jason Bateman. I know they never went anywhere and continued acting, but these are cases where they pulled past the indy gigs that few ever see. Makes me wonder what C. Thomas Howell is up to. He should get a gritty role like The Hitcher where he is old and fat and makes you forget him from The Outsiders and E.T.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Seems the rest of the cast is pretty tight and his combination of personal issues and lashing out at them left him on the outs. Too bad.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Seems the rest of the cast is pretty tight and his combination of personal issues and lashing out at them left him on the outs. Too bad.

I think Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle) was also a bit on the outs as well. I think they've only recently mended fences, but she's definitely not as tight as the others.

While Dustin definitely wasn't close with the others, it seems like the chasm was lessening. Been listening to Mark-Paul Gosselar's podcast recently and he's been pretty positive and toward Dustin.

Shame they'll never get to fully mend the fences.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I think Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle) was also a bit on the outs as well. I think they've only recently mended fences, but she's definitely not as tight as the others.

While Dustin definitely wasn't close with the others, it seems like the chasm was lessening. Been listening to Mark-Paul Gosselar's podcast recently and he's been pretty positive and toward Dustin.

Mark-Paul is one the most sincerely decent people I have come to know in the business. He makes a genuine effort to embrace everyone he works with.

They may not be able to mend fences at this point, but I believe MPG is helping his fellow cast-mates do the next best thing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Mark-Paul is one the most sincerely decent people I have come to know in the business. He makes a genuine effort to embrace everyone he works with.

They may not be able to mend fences at this point, but I believe MPG is helping his fellow cast-mates do the next best thing.

That’s great to hear. I used to work with his sister who was super cool so he was definitely surrounded by good family.

I’ve ran into him a few times growing up as he is from the Santa Clarita valley and he wasn’t the most friendly of people. This was pre-NYPD blue when he seemed to have trouble shaking the Zack Morris typecast.

Glad to see him doing so well in the business nowadays.

I’m loving his ‘Zack to the Future’ podcasts. Was really holding out hope that Dustin would’ve been one of his future guests but now that can never happen
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I have no doubt, Muley, that you served as Mark-Paul's 2nd adult male role model behind Mr. Belding.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I have no doubt, Muley, that you served as Mark-Paul's 2nd adult male role model behind Mr. Belding.

I would say 3rd, behind Mr. Belding and Mr. Tuttle.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

Now if someone can get him to pick a first name...
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

Dustin was a lot younger than the rest of the cast. The age difference is meaningless once you get older, but as teenagers 3 or 4 years is a big difference.

I could see why he could have had trouble fitting in. And playing a nerdy, unattractive Screech character instead of a popular attractive character would have definitely been a different experience than the other regulars on the cast experienced.

To me he looked more like a normal guy instead of “Screech” in recent years and I was glad to see that. Really shocked by this news.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

He likes that old female teacher who's completely senile and deaf, too. And Pete Stonebreaker is a bro. And Mule dislikes that one boss nerd who lorded over nerd Tori Spelling. Speaking of Tori, how bout that streetwise copy of Jo from Facts Of Life? She's in an insurance commercial of late, the backdrop of the commercial is a glaring hot pink, so keep an eye out. Tori replaced Lisa T and Kelly iirc sans explanation and then disappeared outta nowhere and they returned when their contracts were signed or somethin.

PS: GOAT SBTB epi is the fight one. .No ifs, buts, mights or mabyes.

You made me look like a jerk! Well that's what you are.... OOOOHHH!

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

I’m not a matador, so take the bull outside.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: