Cyberpunk
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Game was fun. Played it on Google Stadia. Main storyline was shorter than I expected but enjoyable. I got a satisfying ending that I was working towards.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Cyberpunk

C M B wrote:
If you have it, what do you have to say?

Still playing it - freaking fantastic game. Highly recommend it (I understand console has some tech issues but on a good PC no real issues). I honestly rank it as one of the best gaming experiences I've had, and that's speaking in having "gaming" experience under my belt since the 80's.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Cyberpunk

DrDent wrote:
C M B wrote:

Still playing it - freaking fantastic game. Highly recommend it (I understand console has some tech issues but on a good PC no real issues). I honestly rank it as one of the best gaming experiences I've had, and that's speaking in having "gaming" experience under my belt since the 80's.

That's the sort of thing I want to hear. I've been patiently waiting for a 3070/3080 card before I really get into it (or even a 2080 ti). I just played the intro thus far. It's funny because on my 6700K/2070 Super, it looks amazing and runs great but I've been dying to upgrade specifically for this title that I'm adamant, at this point, about upgrading before I do my first play through.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:04 am    Post subject:

There’s a good game somewhere in this bug riddled mess. I had a ton of fun playing it on my PS5, but having the game crash once every hour or so was insanely annoying and there were a few game breaking bugs that stopped me from being able to complete some quests and forced a few reloads. The NPC AI is crap, the minimap while driving is an atrocity, and the city feels pretty lifeless at times, but it is fun to just destroy crowds of enemies with quick hacks through walls and cover without ever being seen. The characters and story are fun, IMO, and I enjoyed interacting with Pan Am, Judy, River, etc. a few months down the line when they fix the bugs and maybe release some DLC that expands the game somewhat, the game will hopefully really come into its own.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Cyberpunk

jonnybravo wrote:
DrDent wrote:
C M B wrote:

That's the sort of thing I want to hear. I've been patiently waiting for a 3070/3080 card before I really get into it (or even a 2080 ti). I just played the intro thus far. It's funny because on my 6700K/2070 Super, it looks amazing and runs great but I've been dying to upgrade specifically for this title that I'm adamant, at this point, about upgrading before I do my first play through.

The whole bladerunner type feel to the game really drew me in. There are lots of sidequests, many which are well done and feel more like a main story mission. Even some of the lesser sidequests are unique. There's some "standard" side quest fare (some standard enemies you just take out), but you can skip those altogether and not miss anything (or do them all and get xp and loot).

To give an idea - prologue took me almost 30 hours to complete as I did every side quest available (including the not so unique side quests) before finishing up with the main quest to finally to get to the "Cyberpunk" title screen and into Act 1.

Playing as a stealth / netrunner / pistol user (which also means you can use sniper rifles), and its been a blast. You can stick "viruses" into enemies through cameras, etc...its pretty cool.

But a number of the sidequests are top notch, and at times downright fascinating, thought provoking, or even disturbing (as in "yea, this stuff does happen, but its so wrong"). Its by far the most "mature" rpg I've ever played, and I've played alot of them. To give insight as to just how insane some of this gets (but also fascinating and thought provoking): One side quest has you question spirituality, life/death, and culminates in you electing to help, or not help, an inmate (who is on death row) go through a crucifixion. Yes, you read that right - without question it was one of the most uncomfortable, yet fascinating stories I encountered in an rpg, which took about 1-2 hours to go through...and it had nothing to do with the main quest (if you are curious, I elected not to help the dude, just too excruciating an idea for me, which is interesting considering its just a bunch of pixels and a game). In another side quest youre acting as a P.I. and trying to solve a kidnapping- this is just a small sample of all the stuff they packed in for story.

I'm fortunate that I did upgrade my computer last year. I use Titan RTX for graphics. Game has its odd bugs, and occassional crashes, but I've experienced nothing like console users have experienced and the technical frustrations (if I did I'm sure my view of the game would not be as optimistic).

In sum, some of the my favorite RPG games over the years (extremely short list): Wasteland (original), Dragon Wars, The Gold Box games, Ultima Series, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate, Fallout series, Witcher series...this ranks right up there with them.

Now, I think a bad comparison is to GTA - about the only thing in common is driving, being able to pull folks out of cars, a phone to call people, and a large city to drive around. But it in no way to me "felt" like a GTA game and I didnt expect it to be. Its more on story and character building, and getting the experience of a shady futuristic dystopian city where you're just trying to make a buck, and solving people's problems as you go along.

Just my 2 cents.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Cyberpunk

DrDent wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DrDent wrote:
C M B wrote:

The whole bladerunner type feel to the game really drew me in. There are lots of sidequests, many which are well done and feel more like a main story mission. Even some of the lesser sidequests are unique. There's some "standard" side quest fare (some standard enemies you just take out), but you can skip those altogether and not miss anything (or do them all and get xp and loot).

To give an idea - prologue took me almost 30 hours to complete as I did every side quest available (including the not so unique side quests) before finishing up with the main quest to finally to get to the "Cyberpunk" title screen and into Act 1.

Playing as a stealth / netrunner / pistol user (which also means you can use sniper rifles), and its been a blast. You can stick "viruses" into enemies through cameras, etc...its pretty cool.

But a number of the sidequests are top notch, and at times downright fascinating, thought provoking, or even disturbing (as in "yea, this stuff does happen, but its so wrong"). Its by far the most "mature" rpg I've ever played, and I've played alot of them. To give insight as to just how insane some of this gets (but also fascinating and thought provoking): One side quest has you question spirituality, life/death, and culminates in you electing to help, or not help, an inmate (who is on death row) go through a crucifixion. Yes, you read that right - without question it was one of the most uncomfortable, yet fascinating stories I encountered in an rpg, which took about 1-2 hours to go through...and it had nothing to do with the main quest (if you are curious, I elected not to help the dude, just too excruciating an idea for me, which is interesting considering its just a bunch of pixels and a game). In another side quest youre acting as a P.I. and trying to solve a kidnapping- this is just a small sample of all the stuff they packed in for story.

I'm fortunate that I did upgrade my computer last year. I use Titan RTX for graphics. Game has its odd bugs, and occassional crashes, but I've experienced nothing like console users have experienced and the technical frustrations (if I did I'm sure my view of the game would not be as optimistic).

In sum, some of the my favorite RPG games over the years (extremely short list): Wasteland (original), Dragon Wars, The Gold Box games, Ultima Series, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate, Fallout series, Witcher series...this ranks right up there with them.

Now, I think a bad comparison is to GTA - about the only thing in common is driving, being able to pull folks out of cars, a phone to call people, and a large city to drive around. But it in no way to me "felt" like a GTA game and I didnt expect it to be. Its more on story and character building, and getting the experience of a shady futuristic dystopian city where you're just trying to make a buck, and solving people's problems as you go along.

Just my 2 cents.

My RPG taste literally mirror yours. Here's to hoping Baldur's Gate gets a much needed remake. I'd love to go through the story again but with modern graphics, cut scenes, voice actors. It'd have so much potential.

With regards to the comparison to GTA, I'm so glad that's how you felt. I was worried the game was more on the action side while sacrificing plot/characters etc. That would have driven me insane.
Macferson
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

If you think Cyberpunk is unplayable, you obviously didnt play watchdog legion when it came out. Literally couldn't play more than a couple of minutes before it crashed. Cyberpunk has bugs which are annoying but not unplayable. I think though there has to be some consideration that the pandemic has affected the ability of the biggest companies to promote details. The fact they get resolved with patches within a few days to me says we just need to be patient and consider the current climate.

In terms of gameplay, I think Cyberpunk is quite decent. Its not the best game I've ever played but its solid. I read an unbelievably bad review in the guardian that accused it of being unoriginal, and that a misogynist dystopia was boring. But what do you expect? Its dystopian, its supposed to be horrible and grimey. If it was the happy lovely computer future people wouldnt want to augment themselves to escape the horrible reality of their lives, in other words it wouldnt be Cyberpunk.

It's not best game I've ever played, but its enjoyable. Very happy to waste some hours playing it. At the moment I again returned to WoW and its awesome raids

Last edited by Macferson on Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject:

^ How do you feel it compared to the Witcher 3 (my gold standard for RPG's)?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:56 am    Post subject:

Scalpers are threatening to kill people who are trying to buy GPUs at Micro Center in Tustin

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: