Horry with stern advice for AD: "Get rid of your Trainer and use LeBron's"

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Horry with stern advice for AD: "Get rid of your Trainer and use LeBron's"

Quote:
“Get rid of your trainer,” Horry answered when asked about what Davis needs to do differently.

“I don’t know if he had the same trainer from the moment he came into the NBA, and if he has, he needs to get rid of him. Because his trainer is not preparing him for 82 games. I know last year was 72, and they had a shortened offseason, but I’m just talking about overall. Because he’s had a history of injuries. So if you’ve had a history of injuries, you need to change your workout. You need to do something.”

“You need to say, ‘Hey, LeBron [James], we’re both in L.A. What you do, I’m going to do.’ Because think about it. LeBron has been pretty much an iron man until you get a freak accident when someone rolls up on your ankle. Because I tell people all the time, the NBA season starts in the offseason, how you prepare your body, and how you get your body ready for the 82-game grind.”

https://lakersdaily.com/former-lakers-champion-directs-anthony-davis-to-get-rid-of-trainer-and-do-what-ironman-lebron-james-does-in-offseason/
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

No need for an all new thread for this....put in the Davis thread.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject:

I'd hope LeBron has had a discussion with AD along the lines of changing something with his training regimen.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
I'd hope LeBron has had a discussion with AD along the lines of changing something with his training regimen.

I thought he did...? Davis was following some of his regimens and training during the offseason. Saw AD using that cryo chamber whatever you call it with Lebron.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

He probably has 4-5 of them, each giving contradicting advice.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

No (qualified) trainer could be any worse than what AD has right now.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

The dude should take some ballet, tumbling, or martial arts type training.

He's a great athlete but clumsy. Maybe that would help him with falling more safely or keeping his balance
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
The dude should take some ballet, tumbling, or martial arts type training.

He's a great athlete but clumsy. Maybe that would help him with falling more safely or keeping his balance

He had two separate growth spurts. It's probably a big reason why he can at times move with the agility of a guard and other times he's flailing off balanced and falls.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

He said he likes to fall and roll rather than land flat footed. I’m not sure that’s been working, but it’s his preference.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

LOL

the trainer's not the problem... AD is the problem. He is either that fragile, or he is just not a fan of working out.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
LOL

the trainer's not the problem... AD is the problem. He is either that fragile, or he is just not a fan of working out.

his body development from his UK or his rookie year, is insane... Most players work out hard in this era - they've all seen the example Kobe, Jordan, Bron have set.. they're all in the working out way more than players 20 years ago..
AD's legs just go forever - other players aren't aware that he's landing in their space, and AD gets tangled up.. And he plays a guard style game, flying in more than other bigs do - and he's more prone to getting tangled up..
he also just has bad fortune -- he's gotten hit in the face like 10 times since he's been here.
He's getting older so the soft tissue injuries are more likely to happen now..
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Mark10 45 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
LOL

his body development from his UK or his rookie year, is insane... Most players work out hard in this era - they've all seen the example Kobe, Jordan, Bron have set.. they're all in the working out way more than players 20 years ago..
AD's legs just go forever - other players aren't aware that he's landing in their space, and AD gets tangled up.. And he plays a guard style game, flying in more than other bigs do - and he's more prone to getting tangled up..
he also just has bad fortune -- he's gotten hit in the face like 10 times since he's been here.

so you are saying he is just that fragile?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Mark10 45 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
LOL

pretty much, and his play-style exacerbates that. flying in like a wing(I should say wing, not guard).. his legs go forever so his landing zone is always tangled up.
The shoulder injury happens to the strongest players - that labrum injury from players hacking down on a bigs arms while they're lifting the ball up for a dunk -- Dwight tore his labrum this way too. This kid hits jumpers with the torn labrum. I think he's tough but fragile at the same time
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Clumsiness is usually a result of a weak core and glutes. Id probably start there were I him.

Not sure how much a growth spurt would affect him, given he was like 14 when it happened and that’s plenty of time to adjust. He does have super long legs for his height which can make it harder to build a core (Ive noticed ADs posture isn’t great either which is also evidence of a weak core).
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:54 am    Post subject:

Mark10 45 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Mark10 45 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
LOL

pretty much, and his play-style exacerbates that. flying in like a wing(I should say wing, not guard).. his legs go forever so his landing zone is always tangled up.
The shoulder injury happens to the strongest players - that labrum injury from players hacking down on a bigs arms while they're lifting the ball up for a dunk -- Dwight tore his labrum this way too. This kid hits jumpers with the torn labrum. I think he's tough but fragile at the same time

well said. I was kinda hoping he just doesn't train as hard, which is easier solved... sad it's looking like he's screwed because his body can't handle the rigors of the NBA.

I think he needs to do the Kwahi thing, and just play every other game.
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:08 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Mark10 45 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Mark10 45 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
LOL

well said. I was kinda hoping he just doesn't train as hard, which is easier solved... sad it's looking like he's screwed because his body can't handle the rigors of the NBA.

I think he needs to do the Kwahi thing, and just play every other game.

i still think he could use to improve his core, actually. I saw a vid of him training on youtube without his shirt and he had no abs - he holds a lot of weight in his stomach, he's not so skinny. I'm pretty sure he'll work harder on his body this Summer than ever.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

We know why we don't hear stories about AD having some crazy training regiment and taking care of his body: it's because he doesn't.

Dude was high out of his mind the entire off-season and came in fat.

You can stay in shape with low impact stuff like swimming, rowing, bike erg, ski erg...

He decided not to. 190 million for this lazy dude. He really needs a period of self reflection this off-season and it's NOT just injuries that derailed him this year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
We know why we don't hear stories about AD having some crazy training regiment and taking care of his body: it's because he doesn't.

You can stay in shape with low impact stuff like swimming, rowing, bike erg, ski erg...

He decided not to. 190 million for this lazy dude. He really needs a period of self reflection this off-season and it's NOT just injuries that derailed him this year.
wait, AD gets high?
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
methdxman wrote:

wait, AD gets high?

All the time.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject:

For as good a player he is…his acceleration, jumping/landing mechanics look weird. Maybe the major growth spurts affected his coordination some?

He’s an effective player but the way he moves his body around the court is just clumsy at times.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Unless you give him lebron or giannis’ body, it won’t matter
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

He just can’t play the 5 for long periods of time. He needs to do a lot of his work from the outside, hitting 3’s, mid range shots, and some cutting to the rim, but he can’t continuously bang inside. We really need a strong body to rim protect, rebound and finish around the rim, lakers current crop of 5’s didn’t seem to be the answer, that’s one area I hope they work on in the offseason
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: