DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 281, 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Does he have time to go to Germany for treatment or has that window closed?
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:11 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
It's crazy how Draymond shoved the ball into DS's face literally right in front of the ref and DS is the one that got ejected

Both Green and DS received a Tech for that incident ( for the flex by DS and the Ball in the face by Green). Unfortunately, DS already had 1 tech prior to that. 2 techs = ejection. I know the adrenaline was high after a great play but if you already have 1 tech you need to be more in control of your emotions.

What do you expect Dennis to do in that situation? Draymond was the on that started it and should be penalized.

Dennis called Kyrie the N word before in a game and maybe he yelled some nasty taunt at Draymond before the ball was put in his face

Pure speculation good way to show your fandom.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
It's crazy how Draymond shoved the ball into DS's face literally right in front of the ref and DS is the one that got ejected

Both Green and DS received a Tech for that incident ( for the flex by DS and the Ball in the face by Green). Unfortunately, DS already had 1 tech prior to that. 2 techs = ejection. I know the adrenaline was high after a great play but if you already have 1 tech you need to be more in control of your emotions.

What do you expect Dennis to do in that situation? Draymond was the on that started it and should be penalized.

Dennis called Kyrie the N word before in a game and maybe he yelled some nasty taunt at Draymond before the ball was put in his face

Interesting take. Are you suggesting Dennis doesn't trash talk?
Fandom? What are you implying?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:23 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ladeig/status/1657505248049504259?s=46&t=VJNAyA603EB9oePT0uUvuw
Turns out DG is friendly with literally all lakers players.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:40 pm    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Interesting take. Are you suggesting Dennis doesn't trash talk?
Fandom? What are you implying?

You're right, I've been told Dennis called Kyrie "N"aive for believing the Earth is flat.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:42 pm    Post subject:

I heard Dennis called Kyrie a noob on COD
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Draymond gave DS a lot of love in his podcast. Said guy needs to get paid for the defense and timely shots he hits. Pretty much told NBA to stop offering him cheap deals by carrying on the narrative about him rejecting big deal from Lakers in 2021.

I will be happy if DS gets paid like Rondo did after helping us win a championship. Though I am selfishly hoping he takes TP MLE to stay with Lakers. He can sign 1+1 deal and we can offer him a good pay raise with early bird rights in 2024. But it any team offers 8 ME+ this summer, he's probably going there.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject:

It's very possible that they will be able to offer him that same $8 million. There are feasible scenarios where the team stays under the 1st apron and retains the ability to use most, if not all, of the NT-MLE.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Watching Cranjis's analysis of Game 1. Some interesting critique of Dennis:

It's hard for me to notice this in real time but I can see how he played this incorrectly. Which sort of goes back to why we can't give up on DLO so soon (of course Schro needs his minutes too)
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
”We gave everything we have. I gave everything I have…”

https://twitter.com/spectrumsn/status/1661216339724472322

Hope we could find a way to keep him.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Quote:

Vet min only
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Dennis on IG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Dennis on IG

that mean he not coming back?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:11 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Quote:

Vet min only

You cant keep lowballing people and expecting good results..smh.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:04 am    Post subject:

This is the sleeper signing I hope we make. Anything under 10 million would be decent to have a guy like Schroder coming off the bench.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:48 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
This is the sleeper signing I hope we make. Anything under 10 million would be decent to have a guy like Schroder coming off the bench.

I think we are likely going to have just the TPMLE. Would you be comfortable just using that on him?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:50 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
agreed
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:21 am    Post subject:

Rather use the TPMLE elsewhere if the opportunity is available. JHS can probably do the Schro role at 60% -- PoA defender, hit some midrange shots, hopefully hit some wideeee open 3s.

We have bigger holes at e.g. wing and backup C. Granted the backup C market looks like slim pickings, but getting a defensive 2/3 who can hold Jamal Murray types to his playoff averages instead of prime Kobe numbers against us would be huge. Will also be necessary against guys like Devin Booker, Jaylen Brown etc.

I mean Vando was supposed to be that guy except his offense
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
defense wrote:

I think we are likely going to have just the TPMLE. Would you be comfortable just using that on him?

Depends on who is available. I would consider it if no other 2-way player is available. Schroder can give you a solid 25-30 minutes a game in a pinch.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:28 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Rather use the TPMLE elsewhere if the opportunity is available. JHS can probably do the Schro role at 60% -- PoA defender, hit some midrange shots, hopefully hit some wideeee open 3s.

We have bigger holes at e.g. wing and backup C. Granted the backup C market looks like slim pickings, but getting a defensive 2/3 who can hold Jamal Murray types to his playoff averages instead of prime Kobe numbers against us would be huge. Will also be necessary against guys like Devin Booker, Jaylen Brown etc.

I would love for Hood to get the minutes. I just can't see Ham playing him much.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:54 am    Post subject:

If you had Javon Carter or Dennis available for the TPMLE, who would you take? I really like Dennis but I would go Carter as he's a much better defender/3 point shooter (also familiar with Darvin too).
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:13 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Not to insult the Kings, Wizards, or Hawks, or any of the last expansion teams, but passing on Shro and expecting a rookie to fill the void as the initial plan is something they would do and is why none of them have sniffed even an appearance in the finals.

I hope the Lakers aren’t becoming that. Shro started in the last game of the WCF and was the starting PG this year more than any other player. He’s not all that and I wouldn’t want to rely on Shro as the full time starter as the initial plan, but bringing him back is how a commitment to going after a championship looks for a historically storied franchise. Passing on Shro for a marginal upgrade like Carter or planning for a rookie to replace him is asking to devolve into one of those losing teams instead of being the Lakers
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
tox wrote:

Not to insult the Kings, Wizards, or Hawks, or any of the last expansion teams, but passing on Shro and expecting a rookie to fill the void as the initial plan is something they would do and is why none of them have sniffed even an appearance in the finals.

I hope the Lakers aren’t becoming that. Shro started in the last game of the WCF and was the starting PG this year more than any other player. He’s not all that and I wouldn’t want to rely on Shro as the full time starter as the initial plan, but bringing him back is how a commitment to going after a championship looks for a historically storied franchise. Passing on Shro for a marginal upgrade like Carter or planning for a rookie to replace him is asking to devolve into one of those losing teams instead of being the Lakers

Carter is not a marginal upgrade. He's a better defender and importantly, 3 point shooter (40% career shooter).
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
tox wrote:

Carter is not a marginal upgrade. He's a better defender and importantly, 3 point shooter (40% career shooter).

I can call it not marginal to agree with you. I get that and see what you mean. The improved 3pt shooting is significant. But I don’t think Carter is sufficiently better enough to make up for the chemistry/stability/familiarity/continuity already built with Shro. If we already had Carter I would prefer him over Shro, but since we already have Shro I don’t see the difference as enough to switch them. We’ve seen what the team can do so I thinks it’s better to add to what we’ve seen rather than risk changing out pieces that aren’t proven with the team yet.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:43 am    Post subject:

Our problem with Dennis though is the 3 point shot. Really changes the geometry one the court. You have Javon at 40% out there playing better defense, then that's a more suitable backup PG IMO over Dennis. Remember, I like Dennis, but he is a floor spacing negative on a team with AD not shooting well and LBJ's 3 point shot escaping him (and Vando).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 281, 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 282 of 284
Jump to: