Black Friday 2021 deals

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19057
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject: Black Friday 2021 deals

sigh

GO
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM


Last edited by C M B on Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 9372

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

2020 deals?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 32815
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

Any chance the Bose QC45s will go on sale?
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 28418

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Any chance the Bose QC45s will go on sale?


They're on sale right now.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 21135

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Any chance the Bose QC45s will go on sale?


Do yourself a favor and skip the Bose - Get the Sony XM3's or XM4's. I have both, and the Sony's blow away the Bose in every category.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 7372
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject:

So, any idea if the actual BF / Cyber Monday day deals will be worth waiting for versus all of the "Black Friday" deals running for the last 2 weeks?

I'm in the market for a TV that will fit in a 46" wide enclosure (most 50") and a computer with enough wattage to throw in an old rx 570 I have for some kid tier gaming.
_________________
PBO Magic - the gift that keeps on giving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19057
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:57 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
2020 deals?


This was last year's post hijacked by a spammer. Updated title for this year
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 5085
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Any chance the Bose QC45s will go on sale?


Do yourself a favor and skip the Bose - Get the Sony XM3's or XM4's. I have both, and the Sony's blow away the Bose in every category.


Depends on what Canes has (iPhone, Galaxy, Android) as his daily. I just ordered a pair of Bud Pros through Costco for $140 with a traveling case. I have Samsung products in my house so just made sense for me to go that route.
_________________
Sanchooo!
Manchester United | Greatest European Moments
Fabric of United - Our Belief
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 28418

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Any chance the Bose QC45s will go on sale?


Do yourself a favor and skip the Bose - Get the Sony XM3's or XM4's. I have both, and the Sony's blow away the Bose in every category.


Depends on what Canes has (iPhone, Galaxy, Android) as his daily. I just ordered a pair of Bud Pros through Costco for $140 with a traveling case. I have Samsung products in my house so just made sense for me to go that route.


Those are in-ears though. The other alternatives are over the ear, full sized cans.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 32815
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Any chance the Bose QC45s will go on sale?


Do yourself a favor and skip the Bose - Get the Sony XM3's or XM4's. I have both, and the Sony's blow away the Bose in every category.


I have the Bose QC35II. Do you have the QC45? Are the Sony’s more comfortable?
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 5085
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Any chance the Bose QC45s will go on sale?


Do yourself a favor and skip the Bose - Get the Sony XM3's or XM4's. I have both, and the Sony's blow away the Bose in every category.


Depends on what Canes has (iPhone, Galaxy, Android) as his daily. I just ordered a pair of Bud Pros through Costco for $140 with a traveling case. I have Samsung products in my house so just made sense for me to go that route.


Those are in-ears though. The other alternatives are over the ear, full sized cans.


Ah, I realize the xm4s come in both over-ear and bud form; my bad. I'll vouch for the Sony's in most cases, they've really upped the NC and sound quality in the lastest iterations.
_________________
Sanchooo!
Manchester United | Greatest European Moments
Fabric of United - Our Belief
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 21135

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Any chance the Bose QC45s will go on sale?


Do yourself a favor and skip the Bose - Get the Sony XM3's or XM4's. I have both, and the Sony's blow away the Bose in every category.


I have the Bose QC35II. Do you have the QC45? Are the Sony’s more comfortable?


I tried the 45's, and returned them. The Sony's are more comfortable, have better sound quality (richer, better bass), better noise cancellation. Better all around. The truth is that the XM3's (the older/cheaper model) themselves are better than any Bose. You won't be losing much getting the XM3's instead of the 4's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 21135

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

For anyone that cares, it looks like AMZ and Walmart have the Airpod Pros for $159. I also saw Sams Club has em for $149, and heard that Target has been price matching that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 28418

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject:

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49-odyssey-g9-gaming-monitor-lc49g97tssnxdc/

This is on further sale if you have an .edu account. $924 bucks. Rakuten has 10% cash back. Do the cancel trick and get a further 5-10% off.

Someone talk me out of this unnecessary extravagance please.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19057
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49-odyssey-g9-gaming-monitor-lc49g97tssnxdc/

This is on further sale if you have an .edu account. $924 bucks. Rakuten has 10% cash back. Do the cancel trick and get a further 5-10% off.

Someone talk me out of this unnecessary extravagance please.


I do everything I can through Rakuten. What is the cancel trick?
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 28418

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49-odyssey-g9-gaming-monitor-lc49g97tssnxdc/

This is on further sale if you have an .edu account. $924 bucks. Rakuten has 10% cash back. Do the cancel trick and get a further 5-10% off.

Someone talk me out of this unnecessary extravagance please.


I do everything I can through Rakuten. What is the cancel trick?


After you place an order there's an option to cancel. Most times there will be a pop up that asks if you want to keep the order and they'll return 10% off. If that doesn't work chat with CSR. Make some excuse why you changed your mind.

You can do similarly at Dell but AFTER you receive shipment. That's how I got another $150 off that Alienware 3080 system I told yah about lol.

For the record, I would never take advantage of a mom and pop shop like this. Dell and Samsung? Yeah, f'em.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19057
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:14 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49-odyssey-g9-gaming-monitor-lc49g97tssnxdc/

This is on further sale if you have an .edu account. $924 bucks. Rakuten has 10% cash back. Do the cancel trick and get a further 5-10% off.

Someone talk me out of this unnecessary extravagance please.


I do everything I can through Rakuten. What is the cancel trick?


After you place an order there's an option to cancel. Most times there will be a pop up that asks if you want to keep the order and they'll return 10% off. If that doesn't work chat with CSR. Make some excuse why you changed your mind.

You can do similarly at Dell but AFTER you receive shipment. That's how I got another $150 off that Alienware 3080 system I told yah about lol.

For the record, I would never take advantage of a mom and pop shop like this. Dell and Samsung? Yeah, f'em.


thanks JB
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 21135

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
For anyone that cares, it looks like AMZ and Walmart have the Airpod Pros for $159. I also saw Sams Club has em for $149, and heard that Target has been price matching that.


Confirming that Target will price match Sam's Club's $149 (placed an order myself)...Also got an additional 5% by using my Discover Card.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 32815
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Any chance the Bose QC45s will go on sale?


Do yourself a favor and skip the Bose - Get the Sony XM3's or XM4's. I have both, and the Sony's blow away the Bose in every category.


I have the Bose QC35II. Do you have the QC45? Are the Sony’s more comfortable?


I tried the 45's, and returned them. The Sony's are more comfortable, have better sound quality (richer, better bass), better noise cancellation. Better all around. The truth is that the XM3's (the older/cheaper model) themselves are better than any Bose. You won't be losing much getting the XM3's instead of the 4's.


Thanks for the advice. Did you notice a difference between the QC45s and the QC35s? Did you try the Apple Airpods Max?
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 21135

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Any chance the Bose QC45s will go on sale?


Do yourself a favor and skip the Bose - Get the Sony XM3's or XM4's. I have both, and the Sony's blow away the Bose in every category.


I have the Bose QC35II. Do you have the QC45? Are the Sony’s more comfortable?


I tried the 45's, and returned them. The Sony's are more comfortable, have better sound quality (richer, better bass), better noise cancellation. Better all around. The truth is that the XM3's (the older/cheaper model) themselves are better than any Bose. You won't be losing much getting the XM3's instead of the 4's.


Thanks for the advice. Did you notice a difference between the QC45s and the QC35s? Did you try the Apple Airpods Max?


I think Best Buy actually has demo models for almost all of these. I definitely recommend giving them a try.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Macferson
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 21 Oct 2020
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:20 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Any chance the Bose QC45s will go on sale?


Do yourself a favor and skip the Bose - Get the Sony XM3's or XM4's. I have both, and the Sony's blow away the Bose in every category.


I have the Bose QC35II. Do you have the QC45? Are the Sony’s more comfortable?


I tried the 45's, and returned them. The Sony's are more comfortable, have better sound quality (richer, better bass), better noise cancellation. Better all around. The truth is that the XM3's (the older/cheaper model) themselves are better than any Bose. You won't be losing much getting the XM3's instead of the 4's. Here is a great tool to check price history and read reviews.

I also chose Sony. At the moment XM series offers the best value for money on the market, my opinion.


Last edited by Macferson on Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5896
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:20 am    Post subject:

Bought a MSI GF65 gaming laptop $1149 through Newegg.
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: NBA World Champions!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB