Rumor: The Lakers have shown interest in trading for DeMar DeRozan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Demar on Showtime’s All The Smoke talking about the Lakers trade rumors

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHiqn5DHyE4/?igshid=k8s4oa2lbicp

Matt barnes and stack asked him about it lol

this fool had a chance in 2016 i think? and played the loyalty card with the raptors. after 1 year got traded for Kawhi.

now his team doesnt want him.

Stay with the spurs, Demar

Hmmm.... sounds like Demar was being loyal. He didn't ask to be traded by the Raptors.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776371-report-demar-derozan-extremely-upset-after-kawhi-leonard-trade-to-raptors

Let's learn some facts before we spew fake news

Lets learn to read again and comprehend before we you go after other posters who dont agree with u.

point was he had chance in 2016 to come here, sign and be the guy. He decided not to come and got dumped for Kawhi and now again his current team trying to dump him

I don’t get how that’s his fault lol.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

this fool had a chance in 2016 i think? and played the loyalty card with the raptors. after 1 year got traded for Kawhi.

Hmmm.... sounds like Demar was being loyal. He didn't ask to be traded by the Raptors.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776371-report-demar-derozan-extremely-upset-after-kawhi-leonard-trade-to-raptors

Lets learn to read again and comprehend before we you go after other posters who dont agree with u.

point was he had chance in 2016 to come here, sign and be the guy. He decided not to come and got dumped for Kawhi and now again his current team trying to dump him

Guess I can read fine

Maybe the poster can take his own advice and work on those reading comp skills
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Guess I can read fine

Maybe the poster can take his own advice and work on those reading comp skills

If Derozan played defense like you two I'd be happy to have him.
1OfThem1z
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I don't care about fit. I don't see a team beating a trio of LeBron/AD/Derozan. Those are 3 legit all-stars. We now matchup better with the Clippers with Kawhi/PG vs Derozan/LeBron and they still have no answer for AD.

Anybody who think this is a bad trade for us doesn't know basketball. If you have a chance to pair 3 all-stars you do it and figure out this fit later.

We can add shooters in FA if we have to.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject:

1OfThem1z wrote:
I don't care about fit. I don't see a team beating a trio of LeBron/AD/Derozan. Those are 3 legit all-stars. We now matchup better with the Clippers with Kawhi/PG vs Derozan/LeBron and they still have no answer for AD.

Anybody who think this is a bad trade for us doesn't know basketball. If you have a chance to pair 3 all-stars you do it and figure out this fit later.

True, you sold me. Zero defense for a team that prides themselves on that side of the ball along with being one of the worst perimeter 3 point shooters in the NBA on a Lebron led team as the third option sounds like it can work since he's an All Star. Glad we got someone in here that just simply knows basketball.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I was wrong on Rondo/Dwight's fit on the Lakers. We all pointed out all the shortcomings while ignoring their positives to the team. I will absolutely not lose any sleep if the Lakers trade for DROZ. I think he can help the team.

He also isn't the ideal fit either, but neither were Rondo/Dwight (and I get that DROZ makes multiples more...but he's a possible expiring deal anyways).

It's really not as big of a deal that some are making it out to be. If anything, AD/LBJ has taught us how much they simplify things for other players due to their dominant play.

It's be a big deal because if we want what Derozan could bring, we could get Rose instead for 1/4 the price.

It's a big deal because there are better choices out there who could fill up holes in our starting/closing lineup.

We don't need another ball dominant scorer as our 3rd option. We need a knockdown shooter who can shoot off screens and off the dribble. We need a wing defender. Derozan are neither of those things.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

1OfThem1z wrote:
I don't care about fit[. I don't see a team beating a trio of LeBron/AD/Derozan. Those are 3 legit all-stars. We now matchup better with the Clippers with Kawhi/PG vs Derozan/LeBron and they still have no answer for AD.

Also Houston: I don't care about fit. I don't see a team beating an MVP duo of Harden and Westbrook. Those are 2 legit all-stars.
1OfThem1z
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
1OfThem1z wrote:

True, you sold me. Zero defense for a team that prides themselves on that side of the ball along with being one of the worst perimeter 3 point shooters in the NBA on a Lebron led team as the third option sounds like it can work since he's an All Star. Glad we got someone in here that just simply knows basketball.
yeah because trading Green and Kuzma for a all-star is going to hurt us.

Neither Green or Kuzma were important during our playoff run.

We can easily add shooting with those 3 guys. Newsflash we weren't exactly a good 3pt shooting team this year and still won the championship.😂
1OfThem1z
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
1OfThem1z wrote:
I don't care about fit[. I don't see a team beating a trio of LeBron/AD/Derozan. Those are 3 legit all-stars. We now matchup better with the Clippers with Kawhi/PG vs Derozan/LeBron and they still have no answer for AD.

Also Houston: I don't care about fit. I don't see a team beating an MVP duo of Harden and Westbrook. Those are 2 legit all-stars.
imagine comparing Harden/Westbrook to LeBron/AD.😂

Basketball do you know it?
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

1OfThem1z wrote:
3baller wrote:
1OfThem1z wrote:

imagine comparing Harden/Westbrook to LeBron/AD.😂

More like comparing Westbrook to Derozan

Reading comprehension, do you know it?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I was wrong on Rondo/Dwight's fit on the Lakers. We all pointed out all the shortcomings while ignoring their positives to the team. I will absolutely not lose any sleep if the Lakers trade for DROZ. I think he can help the team.

He also isn't the ideal fit either, but neither were Rondo/Dwight (and I get that DROZ makes multiples more...but he's a possible expiring deal anyways).

It's really not as big of a deal that some are making it out to be. If anything, AD/LBJ has taught us how much they simplify things for other players due to their dominant play.

It's be a big deal because if we want what Derozan could bring, we could get Rose instead for 1/4 the price.

It's a big deal because there are better choices out there who could fill up holes in our starting/closing lineup.

We don't need another ball dominant scorer as our 3rd option. We need a knockdown shooter who can shoot off screens and off the dribble. We need a wing defender. Derozan are neither of those things.

Eh. We can agree to disagree. I think he brings things to the table that we would need. I understand his warts, don't get me wrong. But when you play alongside AD/LBJ your warts are covered up so much more.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject:

1OfThem1z wrote:

1OfThem1z wrote:
What do you guys think about Trey Burke if KCP leaves?

He can fit in nicely in the starting lineup. He's a scorer and can play off LeBron and AD.

That's rich coming from a dude whose off season move is to replace KCP with Trey Burke in, get this, the starting lineup

Last edited by 3baller on Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
3baller wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Eh. We can agree to disagree. I think he brings things to the table that we would need. I understand his warts, don't get me wrong. But when you play alongside AD/LBJ your warts are covered up so much more.

not at 28m/yr
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
3baller wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

not at 28m/yr

I understand. But I worry about Green declining badly this upcoming season, and Kuz, doesn't seem like a long term plan right now for the Lakers.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject:

1OfThem1z wrote:
hype wrote:
1OfThem1z wrote:

yeah because trading Green and Kuzma for a all-star is going to hurt us.

Neither Green or Kuzma were important during our playoff run.

We can easily add shooting with those 3 guys. Newsflash we weren't exactly a good 3pt shooting team this year and still won the championship.😂

I did see how bad they were.. You want to trade one guy who was talked about how horrible he shot yet Green was 37% while Kuz was brutal shooting at times and still shot 31%. So your idea is to get significantly worse since we were bad anyways? They also won that Championship due in large part to great defense which is a part of Derozan's game that is somehow worse then his sad 3pt %.

They were both very important. Outside of some moments in the Nuggets series Kuz was actually graded as one of the top defensive players in the entire bubble. Green was far from great but he still was a DRASTICALLY better 3 point shooter then Derozan has ever come remotely close to his entire career while at least having moments defensively.

That's not even talking about his biggest flaw by far which is his defense, he's been called one of the worst perimeter defenders in the entire NBA the last few years. You see what the better teams in the NBA were doing to Lou (or even Kuz earlier in the year before he put in the work to vastly improve defensively) last season late in games? That's what Derozan will have happen to him, then they will just sag off him and pack the paint limiting Lebron and AD like they tried to do to Rondo except that he can't shoot anytime of the year, period. There's no "Playoff Derozan" that suddenly can shoot better and play smart/elite defense or for that matter even kind of good defense. If you do a trade like this for a high salaried guy might as well go after someone like CP3 who actually is a great fit. Otherwise keep the majority of the team together with some small upgrades in free agency and see what small trades pop up during the year.

Derozan def. has some nice aspects to his game as well and i'd be all for the experiment if it was for the MLE or a sixth man type of role but to give up the few trade assets we have and 28 million a year to see him wreck our defense all year in the starting lineup is not it. I just think he's an awful fit on both ends for this team.

But hey, you're the self proclaimed great basketball mind so i'm probably wrong.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
3baller wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bringing another 3 and D guy just makes the offense 1-dimesional still.

At least DDR adds an element to that with actual PnR play and someone outside of LBJ and AD getting to the FT line.

But everyone is going to sag on DDR, LBJ, and AD and let them shoot behind the arc anyway.

Not that I've calculated anything but maybe the worst part of this is if LAL takes on DDR's salary in trade for *just* Green and Kuzma, it tacks on an additional $6mil to team cap, which maybe means, zero use of the MLE because it may creep into lux tax territory?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
3baller wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bringing another 3 and D guy just makes the offense 1-dimesional still.

At least DDR adds an element to that with actual PnR play and someone outside of LBJ and AD getting to the FT line.

But everyone is going to sag on DDR, LBJ, and AD and let them shoot behind the arc anyway.

Not that I've calculated anything but maybe the worst part of this is if LAL takes on DDR's salary in trade for *just* Green and Kuzma, it tacks on an additional $6mil to team cap, which maybe means, zero use of the MLE because it may creep into lux tax territory?

Motion 3pt shooting 3&D will bring an additional dimension to our half court offense.

I recognize the value of adding another playmaker. That's why my pipedream trade is for Joe Ingles. Playmaking wing defender who can shoot off the dribble and off screens who costs only 10.8M next season.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Aiming for Deroz is the same kind of Front Office mentality that brought WB to Houston. A big name allstar without consideration to core personnel. You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders, both of whom have a known role on a championship team, and have the ability to become more comfortable hitting threes. They have both earned the trust of lakernation and should only be sacrificed for trade for a guy that is a long term investment that will be Mamba’s DFish or MJ’s Pip. The question is simply this: Is Droz AD’s reason to sign long term with Lakeshow? I say, Beal or no deal, and you run it back with a short term FA merc like Ibaka.
1OfThem1z
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
1OfThem1z wrote:

1OfThem1z wrote:

He can fit in nicely in the starting lineup. He's a scorer and can play off LeBron and AD.

That's rich coming from a dude whose off season move is to replace KCP with Trey Burke in, get this, the starting lineup
Did I hurt your feelings?😂
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

1OfThem1z wrote:

Exactly!
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Aiming for Deroz is the same kind of Front Office mentality that brought WB to Houston. A big name allstar without consideration to core personnel. You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders, both of whom have a known role on a championship team, and have the ability to become more comfortable hitting threes. They have both earned the trust of lakernation and should only be sacrificed for trade for a guy that is a long term investment that will be Mamba’s DFish or MJ’s Pip. The question is simply this: Is Droz AD’s reason to sign long term with Lakeshow? I say, Beal or no deal, and you run it back with a short term FA merc like Ibaka.

"You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders..." Seriously?! DG and Kuz?! Also, remember, DRR is a multiple-year All-Star.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

1OfThem1z wrote:
3baller wrote:
1OfThem1z wrote:

1OfThem1z wrote:

Did I hurt your feelings?😂

Only thing you can hurt are my/other poster's eyes after reading your bad takes
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Yeah, i'd trade whatever for Beal if that was ever at all a possibility and hopefully the Lakers make him there main target in that 2022 free agent class.

The WB trade is a great comparison though. Kind of crazy imo to trade for a max guy who's game clashes with your two best players who just won a championship. This is a desperation kind of trade which is not the least bit necessary. Even with CP3 as the much better fit I can completely understand not making that trade as well but at least it makes sense as a fit next to Bron and AD.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Motion 3pt shooting 3&D will bring an additional dimension to our half court offense.

I recognize the value of adding another playmaker. That's why my pipedream trade is for Joe Ingles. Playmaking wing defender who can shoot off the dribble and off screens who costs only 10.8M next season.

Which motion shooter?

Joe Ingles fell off a cliff last season. It won't show in the basic stats, but it showed on tape and advanced.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to: