Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject:

Just saw the highlights. My god do we just find new ways to lose to these guys or what?

As I’ve said before, it’s not that we lose but more so how we lose. Just terrible fundamentals and that starts with Roberts.

Last edited by oasisdude77 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sources: Max Scherzer trade talks have continued to intensify, and those close to the conversations believe a deal could be reached by late tonight. The Giants, Dodgers, and Padres are among the top suitors, but other clubs are involved. @MLBNetwork @MLB

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

I think whichever NLW team gets Scherzer will make the WS at the very least.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Just saw the highlights. My god do we just find new ways to lose to these guys or what?

As I’ve said before, it’s not that we lose but more so how we lose. Just terrible fundamentals and that starts with Roberts.

As long we have dont have mookie (who is like what kobe bryant is to the lakers), and seager we just have no offense.

Everyday everyone wants to chop off Roberts' head, Its not his fault that Belli threw a ball over JT's head rather to his glove.

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Sources: Max Scherzer trade talks have continued to intensify, and those close to the conversations believe a deal could be reached by late tonight. The Giants, Dodgers, and Padres are among the top suitors, but other clubs are involved. @MLBNetwork @MLB

Jon Morosi also tweeted that the Dodgers have been in touch with the Cubs about several players, including Kimbrel.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

Watch the Rockies trade Story to the Giants, even though they ostensibly don't want to trade any of their players to the Dodgers. It's like the Laker tax.

Jon Morosi
@jonmorosi
·
1m
Sources: Trevor Story market has become more active in last 24 hours. #Yankees and #SFGiants among the interested clubs. San Francisco would love to add Story or Kris Bryant.
@MLB

@MLBNetwork
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

As long we have dont have mookie (who is like what kobe bryant is to the lakers), and seager we just have no offense.

Everyday everyone wants to chop off Roberts' head, Its not his fault that Belli threw a ball over JT's head rather to his glove.

Roberts isn't without blame though.

Players struggle and he continually puts them in the same situation night after night year after year hoping that things change.

Jansen has never lost his closer job. He kinda lost it in the playoffs last year.

Bellinger is continually batting 4th or 5th in the lineup eventhough Roberts says that his shoulder is not right and is affecting his ability to swing.

We pick up any player on waivers and Roberts will put him in high leverage situations.

Case in point: Madsen. I think the Nationals waived him? Roberts kept going to him time and time again in high leverage situations.

Also, his affinity for constantly pinch hitting for the righty-lefty matchups and constantly taking out pitchers...

He has his faults.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

If we don't get healthy any trade deadline moves won't matter.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

This is actually interesting, the idea of the Dodgers flipping Graterol for more immediate help...

Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan
·
1m
One popular name on the market right now as teams go hunting for relief pitchers, per sources: Dodgers right-hander Brusdar Graterol. ERA this year is not good, but he still throws 100-mph bowling-ball sinkers, and as Dodgers look to improve other areas, he’s a potential target.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
This is actually interesting, the idea of the Dodgers flipping Graterol for more immediate help...

Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan
·
1m
One popular name on the market right now as teams go hunting for relief pitchers, per sources: Dodgers right-hander Brusdar Graterol. ERA this year is not good, but he still throws 100-mph bowling-ball sinkers, and as Dodgers look to improve other areas, he’s a potential target.

Rather not touch him since he is on the back swing and coming back. We would have to use another OKC player to fill his void.

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dave Roberts still believes Mookie Betts will be activated on Sunday and Clayton Kershaw will be pitching a rehab start this weekend. #Dodgers

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan
·
1m

Rather not touch him since he is on the back swing and coming back. We would have to use another OKC player to fill his void.

Well, my assumption is that we're going to trade for some win-now bullpen help. Kimbrel, perhaps.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Odds to acquire Max Scherzer
Quote:
Dodgers +200
Padres +250
Mets +425

Quote:
Dodgers +200
Padres +300
Giants +500
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Dodgers +200
Padres +250
Mets +425

Quote:
Dodgers +200
Padres +300
Giants +500

I like it!

Go Big Blue Wrecking Crew!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Dodgers +200
Padres +250
Mets +425

Quote:
Dodgers +200
Padres +300
Giants +500

I'm worried about the Giants, just because they have so much money coming off the books that I could actually see them being willing to extend Scherzer.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:

you hate Robert huh? lol
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

Players struggle and he continually puts them in the same situation night after night year after year hoping that things change.

Jansen has never lost his closer job. He kinda lost it in the playoffs last year.

Bellinger is continually batting 4th or 5th in the lineup eventhough Roberts says that his shoulder is not right and is affecting his ability to swing.

We pick up any player on waivers and Roberts will put him in high leverage situations.

Case in point: Madsen. I think the Nationals waived him? Roberts kept going to him time and time again in high leverage situations.

Also, his affinity for constantly pinch hitting for the righty-lefty matchups and constantly taking out pitchers...

He has his faults.

if people nitpick enough, everyone will have faults... it all depends on what agenda people are on.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Pollock is doing great this year.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

This got to hurt, bases loaded and couldn't score here.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Not really - Walker was the 1 out batter, and CT3 just got unlucky / BABIP'd.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

He has his faults.

if people nitpick enough, everyone will have faults... it all depends on what agenda people are on.

You could call it nitpick or you could call it a fair assessment.

It all depends on what word you want to use.

All criticism comes off as nitpicking to those who can’t take any criticism...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
32 wrote:
It's not our year. Seems like the Giants are one step ahead of us.

Assume Giants win the division and the Dodgers win the wild card....I don't think they will face each other until later in the playoffs.

Well, the team with the best record has to face the Wild Card winner, so as of now that would be the Giants facing the Wild Card winner.

Guess I was wrong....oh well.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Pollock is doing great this year.

Good thing we bat Bellinger in front of Pollock consistently to make good use of his frequent 0-4 days

Muncy, Turner, Smith and Pollock (9-15).

Good thing we snuck Bellinger’s 0-4 in between those guys.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Great game by the Dodgers so far!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Up 7-0, looks like the perfect opportunity to get kenley some work.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 97 of 395
Jump to: