Defending Champs 2021 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 7801

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:31 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
If after all this we are still 1-2 games behind the best record (who happens to be KC/MIL/SF) I think the league should be hella concerned and not us. We’ve played our worst and are much better off compared to other contenders.


Well, if we were to measure the league’s concern level regarding the Dodgers over the course of the season so far, I think it’d be:

1) Preseason - concern level was very high

2) After the 13-2 start - concern level was at its highest point

3) During this current slump - concern level dropping day by day

4) Currently - concern level level at its lowest point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 18843

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

5-0 Dodgers top of the first
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 7801

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
5-0 Dodgers top of the first


Bullpen game for them today right?

Damn, 14-1

2 grand slams.

Didn’t know they played that early

Very nice to see Gavin Lux get a hit and raise his batting average to .180

Rios batting .089. Wow. That’s hard to do. If he played a full year and got 500 ABs, he’s have 44 hits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 64445

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Pollock & Beaty are first Dodgers teammates to have 7 RBI in the same game.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 7801

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Pollock & Beaty are first Dodgers teammates to have 7 RBI in the same game.


Baseball is so random.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 7801

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Urias went 7ip. Yeah, our starting pitching is ridiculous right now.

Urias batting so guess he’ll go 8

Nope. We have someone named Mike Kickham. Never heard of this prospect.

Kickham sucked, but he ate up a couple of innings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23468
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Urias went 7ip. Yeah, our starting pitching is ridiculous right now.

Urias batting so guess he’ll go 8

Nope. We have someone named Mike Kickham. Never heard of this prospect.

Kickham sucked, but he ate up a couple of innings


Kickham is a journeyman and is terrible. He's 32. Just someone to eat innings, exactly.

How about Beaty? What did he do, take some advanced PED's at the alternate site? It's like night and day.

Rios' AB's are even worse than Beaty's were at the start of the season. The minor league season begins this coming week, so maybe that's what the Dodgers were waiting for to send him down. He needs it.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23468
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Beaty is hitting .357/.500/.464 now. EN FUEGO.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 7801

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Rios' AB's are even worse than Beaty's were at the start of the season. The minor league season begins this coming week, so maybe that's what the Dodgers were waiting for to send him down. He needs it.


That would be odd management to sabotage the major league club just so Rios doesn’t have to sit and wait around for the minor league season to start. That’s some special treatment for Rios at the expense of the big league club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23468
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Rios' AB's are even worse than Beaty's were at the start of the season. The minor league season begins this coming week, so maybe that's what the Dodgers were waiting for to send him down. He needs it.


That would be odd management to sabotage the major league club just so Rios doesn’t have to sit and wait around for the minor league season to start. That’s some special treatment for Rios at the expense of the big league club.


He's certainly been given a lot of rope, that's for sure.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 45422

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Grateful the bullpen held the 14-1 lead.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 7801

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dodgers' Dustin May: MRI reveals UCL damage

May's MRI revealed some UCL damage in his right elbow Monday, Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports.

This isn't quite confirmation that May will require Tommy John surgery, but it wouldn't be a surprise if such an announcement comes soon.

The team is expected to make a decision on his future within the next 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 763

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Dodgers' Dustin May: MRI reveals UCL damage

May's MRI revealed some UCL damage in his right elbow Monday, Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports.

This isn't quite confirmation that May will require Tommy John surgery, but it wouldn't be a surprise if such an announcement comes soon.

The team is expected to make a decision on his future within the next 24 hours.


Damnit, see him after next season's All Star break. Pity, Big Filthy was just figuring things out, no wonder he never really trusted his off-speed stuff.

Gonna have get Gonsolin going and fast or can always trade Ruiz and other top prospects for an arm. Problem is we need a dependable set-up man/closer as well as a 5th starter.
_________________
2020-2021 REPEAT OR BUST

PG - Schröder/Horton-Tucker
SG - Caldwell-Pope/Caruso/McLemore
SF - James/Kuzma/Matthews/McKinnie
PF - Davis/Morris/Harrell/Dudley(IL)
C - Drummond/Gasol/Cacok/Antetokounmpo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 7801

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Well, Urias came back from shoulder surgery and he’s doing fine.

Buehler had TJS and his velocity went from 94 to 100.

Let’s see how May does (if he has TJS)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23468
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Tommy John surgery for Dustin May.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 7801

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

What a year for us so far, wow!

If Bauer opts out next year and we can’t re-sign Kershaw, we’re looking at:

Buehler
Urias
Price
Gonsolin
Gray?

We might be facing a severe talent drain next year if we lose Taylor and Seager as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23468
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
What a year for us so far, wow!

If Bauer opts out next year and we can’t re-sign Kershaw, we’re looking at:

Buehler
Urias
Price
Gonsolin
Gray?

We might be facing a severe talent drain next year if we lose Taylor and Seager as well.


I wouldn't worry too much. If we have all that money coming off the books, we'll be active in the free agent market, or active with at least one major trade.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 64445

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Today's game has been postponed due to inclement weather and will be made up as a split doubleheader tomorrow at 11:20 am PT and 4:40 pm PT.

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 763

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Today's game has been postponed due to inclement weather and will be made up as a split doubleheader tomorrow at 11:20 am PT and 4:40 pm PT.


Good, another day for the pen to recoup and hopefully our bats get there act together.
_________________
2020-2021 REPEAT OR BUST

PG - Schröder/Horton-Tucker
SG - Caldwell-Pope/Caruso/McLemore
SF - James/Kuzma/Matthews/McKinnie
PF - Davis/Morris/Harrell/Dudley(IL)
C - Drummond/Gasol/Cacok/Antetokounmpo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 20017

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Today's game has been postponed due to inclement weather and will be made up as a split doubleheader tomorrow at 11:20 am PT and 4:40 pm PT.


The part of me that just wants to watch Dodger baseball is disappointed, but it's obviously better for the team to get rest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 20017

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Yeah - the May news really sucks. He was starting to look great. I'd like to see that spot go to either David Price or Gonsolin, when they're back/healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23468
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Yeah - the May news really sucks. He was starting to look great. I'd like to see that spot go to either David Price or Gonsolin, when they're back/healthy.


It looks like we are going to try to piece it together with Santana and/or White making starts in that spot until Gonsolin is ready. Since we have some off days coming up, we were going to go to a 4-man the next time through anyway, so that will buy us at least one start from the 5th spot. It may only end up being 1 or 2 starts for Santana and/or White. I guess they don't want to get the Josiah Gray service time clock started just yet.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 7801

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject:

So what happens to May’s service time?

From what I’ve read:

Quote:
A typical MLB regular season -- it's worth emphasizing the word "typical" in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic -- spans 187 days, and players must be on the 26-man roster or injured list for at least 172 of those days in order to accrue a full year of service time (or 172 across multiple seasons).


So we lose a whole control year this year? Then what happens next year?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23468
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
So what happens to May’s service time?

From what I’ve read:

Quote:
A typical MLB regular season -- it's worth emphasizing the word "typical" in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic -- spans 187 days, and players must be on the 26-man roster or injured list for at least 172 of those days in order to accrue a full year of service time (or 172 across multiple seasons).


So we lose a whole control year this year? Then what happens next year?


Yes, he will continue to accrue service time. As he should. They could option him down once he is removed from the IL, but he will obviously be on the IL for quite some time, at least until the middle of next season. He will accrue those days until then.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23468
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Price's timeline isn't as awful as the far end of the 6-8 week timeline originally thrown out there...


Jon Morosi
@jonmorosi
·
1m
The #Dodgers are encouraged that David Price's injured hamstring is improving; he is likely rejoin the active roster before the end of the month. The team also is hopeful Tony Gonsolin will be stretched out soon and able to take Dustin May's rotation spot.
@MLB

@MLBNetwork
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 53 of 55
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB