Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
I think the extra innings rule is incredibly stupid - for them to keep it after the fluke pandemic year is crazy. If they want to stop those crazy games that last until 3 AM, then just have it go into effect later, maybe in the 12th or 13th inning.

I agree. Having it go into effect for the 10th and 11th inning is too soon. 2 “overtime” innings should be played before the rules are changed.

I think man on 1st is good enough. Man on 2nd with no outs just makes it too hard to prevent the run. It’s pretty much luck of the draw depending on who you have due up plus how slow a runner you have at 2nd.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
I think the extra innings rule is incredibly stupid - for them to keep it after the fluke pandemic year is crazy. If they want to stop those crazy games that last until 3 AM, then just have it go into effect later, maybe in the 12th or 13th inning.

I agree. Having it go into effect for the 10th and 11th inning is too soon. 2 “overtime” innings should be played before the rules are changed.

I think man on 1st is good enough. Man on 2nd with no outs just makes it too hard to prevent the run. It’s pretty much luck of the draw depending on who you have due up plus how slow a runner you have at 2nd.

The only issue with man on first is the first batter can hit into a dp which pretty much kills the inning. I suppose it does speed up the game either way though— either leading to a score via sacrifices and hits, or a scoreless inning not taking so long. Yeah the more I think about it, the more I like it.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

The only issue with man on first is the first batter can hit into a dp which pretty much kills the inning. I suppose it does speed up the game either way though— either leading to a score via sacrifices and hits, or a scoreless inning not taking so long. Yeah the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Yeah, it’s either give the team a leadoff triple, double or single (or nothing at all).

Double and triple seems to be too much.

So it’s either give them a leadoff single or nothing at all.

I think giving them a leadoff single gives the team a little boost to help them score but not too much where the game becomes gimmicky.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Dodgers activated OF Cody Bellinger and IF/OF Zach McKinstry from the injured list and optioned OF DJ Peters and IF/OF Sheldon Neuse to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I like the extra innings rule in the regular season. Games take way too long to finish otherwise. It speeds it along. I'm into it.

While we're at it, let's ban the shift and implement electronic balls and strikes.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Julio doesn't look good. I guess he was due for a bad game.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Julio doesn't look good. I guess he was due for a bad game.

Yeah, he's not sharp.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Is he tipping pitches or what. This is like Darvish vs Astros
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Quite the uncharacteristic start by Urias today.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Astros were leading the Padres 6-3 top of the 9th inning. Now it's tied 6-6 in the 10th inning. This Padres team is kind of scary if they stay healthy.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Urias has allowed 10 hits and at least half of them have been just seeing-eye grounders or bloopers. He hasn't been sharp at all, but he's also been pretty unlucky. Just one of those days where everything is falling in.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Astros were leading the Padres 6-3 top of the 9th inning. Now it's tied 6-6 in the 10th inning. This Padres team is kind of scary if they stay healthy.

They’ve been running really good though. Lot of luck has gone their way including today..Astros drop a pop fly that ends the game instead Tatis hits a 3 run jack.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
32 wrote:

They’ve been running really good though. Lot of luck has gone their way including today..Astros drop a pop fly that ends the game instead Tatis hits a 3 run jack.

Yeah, I saw that.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Crazy game. Padres won 11-8 in 12 innings. It was tied 6-6 after 9 innings.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers get 2 back in the 6th but had 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Taylor and McKinstry struck out to end the inning. Taylor in particular, that's a big AB where he came off the bench to pinch hit for Beaty. Needed a ball in play there.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Dodgers get 2 back in the 6th but had 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Taylor and McKinstry struck out to end the inning. Taylor in particular, that's a big AB where he came off the bench to pinch hit for Beaty. Needed a ball in play there.

Yeah CT3 really blew it there. Not only did he strike out it was a horrible AB start to finish..feel like we lost all momentum after that. Tough call on McKinstry to make it a 1-2 count..was an obvious ball. Can we please get the electronic strike zone.

Long as we can hold SF to 7 I think we got a good chance here.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

That's it Dave, bring Vesia in! So White gave up one base hit and then we intentionally walked Crawford. Take him out and put in someone who has no business being in the big leagues.

Unreal.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Padres find a way to win again and the Giants win again. Brutal weekend.

VESIA HAS GOT TO GO.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
That's it Dave, bring Vesia in! So White gave up one base hit and then we intentionally walked Crawford. Take him out and put in someone who has no business being in the big leagues.

Unreal.

Vesia kinda reminds me of Jared Dudley. Kinda looks like him. Should never get off the bench....just like Jared Dudley
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Unreal.

Vesia kinda reminds me of Jared Dudley. Kinda looks like him. Should never get off the bench....just like Jared Dudley

Dudley isn't athletic enough but knows what he's supposed to be doing out there. Whereas Vesia is just all over the place and you have no idea where he's throwing it. Almost like an out-of-control rookie THT or something lol.

In any case, yes, he has to go. Perhaps White isn't exactly prime Eric Gagne out there, but he hadn't really done too much wrong. He gave up one base hit and then we walked Crawford with first base open after the stolen base. Got two outs. Had a good outing yesterday. If it's early-season Scott Alexander who you're bringing in who is going along well, I have no issue with going to the lefty there. Or if it's Gonzalez. But it's freaking Alex Vesia. I mean, we can all agree he isn't good. So what if he's a lefty. It's just a bad move. Just like taking out Freese in the World Series to use Grandal to pinch hit, just because a righty is pitching. Sometimes you can overmanage. Just use your eyes. The dude is not good. It's not difficult to see. We probably lose the game anyway, but Doc makes these type of boneheaded moves often.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

Dodgers seem to always have a terrible bullpen arm on the roster that for some reason keeps getting regular playing time.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Dodgers seem to always have a terrible bullpen arm on the roster that for some reason keeps getting regular playing time.

Our strategy of investing in injured arms has backfired against us this year:

1) Jimmy Nelson
2) Corey Knebel
3) Brusdar Graterol
4) Tommy Kanhle

When it works out, we’re geniuses. This year, it’s really hurt us.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

This is crazy. I saw this baseball play from 1974 on twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaseballQuotes1/status/1398701073477607424
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
This is crazy. I saw this baseball play from 1974 on twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaseballQuotes1/status/1398701073477607424

Wow, thanks
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Roberts said Betts is a late scratch today. He woke up with allergies that made it hard to keep his eyes open.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 68 of 395
Jump to: