Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
A lot have come to or been in the PNW too

There was a major one up there, I think the Green River killer. I recall reading or hearing that he told them where to find one of his dump sites and they found 2-3 other sets of remains before the one they were looking for in the same bramble. That reminded me of the Wayne Williams case from Atlanta. They did a special on HBO or SHO recently. I saw the first 2 parts of it, dunno if anyone else did. I think I might've mentioned it in this thread.

The Dem mayor or governor (name escapes me) re-opened that case. She appears on Maddow and other MSNBC shows. It was personal to her, she was a young girl at the time in Atlanta and one of the supposed victims was a girl, tho she may not have been one of Williams' victims. I think it was Williams, but since it was a fiber based case, how much they can figure out 40 years later will be interesting to hear. The thing that got him caught was a large splash from a bridge that a stakeout team heard from under the bridge. They stop his car at 2AM, he gives some bogus tale about going to a house to work with some kid on a music project and he gives an address that isn't real and he's out there at 2AM sayin he was supposed to be there at 8AM and he has rope/gloves/mask in his car. He's full of sh. I highly doubt he's innocent, but it's unfortunately a case based on circumstantial evidence at a time where the FBI was in a building substandard for forensic work w/ air ducts spraying fibers all over the place. Because of that, I doubt there will ever be a final link unless they're able to find some of Williams' DNA material that went unnoticed. The good thing is that it takes trace amounts of material to do DNA tests nowadays, not a pool of blood.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

The Ripper on Netflix I feel is well done despite the brutal story it illustrates.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject:

DNA ID'd John Doe from 1845, cmon now. How'd they know he had mutton chops tho?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/05/science/hms-erebus-sailor.html?action=click&module=Editors%20Picks&pgtype=Homepage
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
The Ripper on Netflix I feel is well done despite the brutal story it illustrates.

Thanks for the recommendation. First 2 episodes were good. Can't wait to finish it tonight.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation. First 2 episodes were good. Can't wait to finish it tonight.

Glad you checked it out! Just seeing all the original footage of depressed Northern England at that time is very interesting to me, not to mention the chase for the depraved maniac.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: