+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Miami Heat (09/30/20) NBA Finals, Gm 1 / Gm#87 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject:

Let the hot takes cease and the games begin!
northside7
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject:

Lakers in 5 or 6 games.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject:

The line has come down to Lakers - 4 1/2.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

I'd start Howard on Bam. Throw in some McGee. Use all 12. Wear him down. If necessary put AD on him. I hope it won't be necessary. Don't make this a AD vs Bam contest.

Put AC on Dragic. He's a pesky defender. He won't stop Goran, he'll slow him down.

Green may be able to keep Butler from getting to the rim. If he does that will limit his game. He's not a scorer.

Kelly Olynyk and Andre Iguodala are X factors.

Lakers X factors Playoff Rondo and Kuz.

I like the Lakers in 5. Would love a LINK

Four wins from #17. GO LAKERS!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject:

4-1 Last series. Lets go LAKERS!!!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject:

I just check my advanced algorithm called "CARUSO"

it says we have a 79.7 percent chance of whooping the Heat's ass!

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject:

Bam isn't a low post banger like Jokic was, so i expect Morris see some PT on Bam. AD usually having tough time against strong based bigs like Tucker and Jokic in the post, Bam isn't that type of player, i can see AD really enjoy the match up with Bam in this series. we need Denny green or KCP to get their track shoes on to chase Robinson through multiple screens reggie miller style.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:54 am; edited 2 times in total
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

LETS GO MY FRIENDS!!!!!!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

The thing that bothers me about this series is the memory of the 2004 Detroit Pistons.

They had no superstars, they had a solid team. We were hands down favorites to win the Larry O'Brien. That team took us out in 5.

The Heat are a solid, well coached team.

I pray this will not be Deja Vu all over again.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The thing that bothers me about this series is the memory of the 2004 Detroit Pistons.

They had no superstars, they had a solid team. We were hands down favorites to win the Larry O'Brien. That team took us out in 5.

this Laker team's chemistry is far FAR better than the 2004 team.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject:

Also that Pistons team was historically amazing on defense and no one on Heat compares to them so NEXT
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

this Laker team's chemistry is far FAR better than the 2004 team.

This.

Lakers' chemistry in 2004 was basically non existent.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

Heat remind me more of Orlando than Detroit.

That Orlando team had Dwight this team has Bam.

That Orlando team was set up to shoot the 3 so is this team.

That Orlando team had a good but not great PG so does this team.

I think we just need to focus on what we want rather than the worst things that could happen.

We have to stop acting like we dont have Bron and AD and play great D. Just a thought.

#BannersOverBillboards
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

DAMN!!! Y'all act like I think we're gonna lose. I've got the Lakers in 5. I'm not taking Prozac anymore. Jus thowin in some Deja Vu.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DAMN!!! Y'all act like I think we're gonna lose. I've got the Lakers in 5. I'm not taking Prozac anymore. Jus thowin in some Deja Vu.

The Heat is going Down!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

Film Study: How Lakers can attack Heat's zone defense
Don't be surprised if we see Miami employ 2-3 zone early and often in The Finals

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/09/29/film-study-how-lakers-can-attack-heat-zone
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

Since the finals are on ABC, one viewing option might be: https://www.locast.org/

It's a non-profit that allows you to stream local channels for free in certain metropolitan areas (including LA and SF).

Going to try it tonight on Roku.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

FOUR MORE
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:

I think we just need to focus on what we want rather than the worst things that could happen.

We have to stop acting like we dont have Bron and AD and play great D. Just a thought.

That was always my comparison: 2009 Orlando Magic. Hey Guys: take note. that 2009 Orlando Magic team that no one really respects because we spanked them was ranked number 1 in defensive rating that entire year - something these Heat are not. Let me also throw in one more similarity. Their main gravity player especially in crunch time is Hedo Turkoglu who is very comparable in skill and overall level to Jimmy Butler of today - except turkey-glu was dangerous from 3 point line unlike Butler. Lets also bring up the fact the 2009 Howard was twice the player Bam is today - literally 3rd or 4th best playerin the league depending on where you put Wade and Howard. Dont bring up the 2004 Pistons: This team is built much more closely to the 2009 Magic except they are worse than those Magic. Even in that Magic series, had Jameer Nelson been heathy that easily could have gone 6 games. Oh yea....one more comp: We are better than the 2009 Lakers
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

That was always my comparison: 2009 Orlando Magic. Hey Guys: take note. that 2009 Orlando Magic team that no one really respects because we spanked them was ranked number 1 in defensive rating that entire year - something these Heat are not. Let me also throw in one more similarity. Their main gravity player especially in crunch time is Hedo Turkoglu who is very comparable in skill and overall level to Jimmy Butler of today - except turkey-glu was dangerous from 3 point line unlike Butler. Lets also bring up the fact the 2009 Howard was twice the player Bam is today - literally 3rd or 4th best playerin the league depending on where you put Wade and Howard. Dont bring up the 2004 Pistons: This team is built much more closely to the 2009 Magic except they are worse than those Magic. Even in that Magic series, had Jameer Nelson been heathy that easily could have gone 6 games. Oh yea....one more comp: We are better than the 2009 Lakers

Great post. I still take 09 Lakers over this team because I'm a fan boy of that team. Prime Kobe-Gasol with great role players? Amazing.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

GET YOUR OWN COPY OF THE NBA FINALS PROGRAM BOOKLET

This is very cool! Presumably this is the program that people would’ve gotten if they were in attendance at the game.

Per Lakers

Everything you need to know about the 2020 #NBAFinals , right at your fingertips. Click here to view the NBA Finals Program: https://bit.ly/30kX6fg

https://twitter.com/lakers/status/1311351288332914688?s=21
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

I see that Dion is available to play for game 1. I hope he and JR might be of some help at some point.

https://lakersdaily.com/report-lakers-release-critical-injury-report-for-game-1-of-nba-finals/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
I see that Dion is available to play for game 1. I hope he and JR might be of some help at some point.

https://lakersdaily.com/report-lakers-release-critical-injury-report-for-game-1-of-nba-finals/

Nice to see Dion get some burn. I'm not sold on giving JR any. Give him a ring for cheer leading.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Great post. I still take 09 Lakers over this team because I'm a fan boy of that team. Prime Kobe-Gasol with great role players? Amazing.

This is the way I thought of it because I have great memories of that team as well and I still have vivid memories of exactly how good that team was:

Current Lebron = 2009 Kobe That Kobe was razor sharp, clutch and extremely focused and was the 2nd best player in the league who i knew was really was the best player in the league because I knew Kobe would have beaten and outplayed Lebron in the biggest moments had the Lakers met the Cavs in the finals. Exact same description for current Lebron had they met Giannis and the Bucks. Their levels are roughly equivalent

Current AD > 2009 Pau 2nd greatest version of Pau I have ever seen and extremely efficient (the best was early 2010-2011 season). No version of Pau though beats AD especially if you factor in defense which Pau was good at this year in terms of moving his feet and rim protection but this is AD.

Current DG = 2009 Fisher Both declining veterans with inconsistent shooting who can make timely veteran plays. Fisher started his decline this year

Current KCP = 2009 Ariza Here I would note that current KCP as a player overall is better than the 2009 version of Ariza but Trevor was on a hot streak in the playoffs and made great clutch defensive plays vs the Nuggets. There were a few minuses though: Ariza could not guard the strength and physicality of Carmelo.

Current Dwight > 2009 Bynum Andrew was too green to have an impact in these playoffs. Current Dwight is far more useful as a player than 2009 Bynum was.

Current Bench (Rondo, Caruso, Kuzma, Markieff) = 2009 Bench (Odom, Farmar, Brown, Walton) 2009 Odom is the best player on this list by far and Farmar and Brown had their moments - especially Jordy starting for suspended Fisher who decked Scola. All that said Rondo and Caruso's impact has been fantastic and Kieff has had moments of vital importance. I only call this a tie because Odom was so good and was really the starter for the 2009 Lakers - far more important than Bynum. All the other bench comparisons, the current Lakers have been better than their 2009 counterparts
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
Since the finals are on ABC, one viewing option might be: https://www.locast.org/

It's a non-profit that allows you to stream local channels for free in certain metropolitan areas (including LA and SF).

Going to try it tonight on Roku.

ABC is a national channel. Aren't you able to view it?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 3 of 58
Jump to: