View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Carl Nassib, a Raiders defensive lineman, became the first active NFL player to announce heā€™s gay, writing that he ā€œagonized over this momentā€ for years.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1407104658674491395

Wasnā€™t there already an out player? Iā€™m curious why this is historic. I love that he did it. So much courage and grateful heā€™s on the raiders

I think he's the first player who is an established player in the league, whose roster spot seemingly is not in jeopardy. Of course Michael Sam had come out before the NFL Draft, and was drafted by the Rams, but he did not actually make the team.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Halflife wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Carl Nassib, a Raiders defensive lineman, became the first active NFL player to announce heā€™s gay, writing that he ā€œagonized over this momentā€ for years.

Wasnā€™t there already an out player? Iā€™m curious why this is historic. I love that he did it. So much courage and grateful heā€™s on the raiders

I think he's the first player who is an established player in the league, whose roster spot seemingly is not in jeopardy. Of course Michael Sam had come out before the NFL Draft, and was drafted by the Rams, but he did not actually make the team.

Ah. Thank you. Watching the video of him on hard knocks educating the players on investing is nice.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

It's fitting it's a Raider who's the first active open player.

They hired the first minority Head Coach (Tom Flores)

They hired the first African American Head Coach, in the modern-era NFL (Art Shell)

Had one of the first (if not the first) female in a top FO executive role (Amy Trask)
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Las Vegas Raiders DE Carl Nassib top-selling NFL jersey at Fanatics in day since announcement

Quote:
Fanatics, the NFL's official e-commerce partner, said Nassib has been the top-selling NFL player both Monday and Tuesday across the company's network of online stores.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31688171/las-vegas-raiders-de-carl-nassib-top-selling-nfl-jersey-fanatics-day-announcement
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

NFL Memes wrote:
Jul 24, 2021 ā€¢ Reply ā€¢ Retweet ā€¢ Favorite
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

nick bosa
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject:

It's too damn early to draw conclusive opinions, but I liked what I saw from Mac Jones last night. He showcased quick-processing skills, accuracy, good decision making, and poise. He even called out the shifting MLB so that the offensive line could modify pass protection. Fortunately Belichick threw him into the game while Washington still had NFL players on the field.

It's still early, but encouraging.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
It's too damn early to draw conclusive opinions, but I liked what I saw from Mac Jones last night. He showcased quick-processing skills, accuracy, good decision making, and poise. He even called out the shifting MLB so that the offensive line could modify pass protection. Fortunately Belichick threw him into the game while Washington still had NFL players on the field.

It's still early, but encouraging.

After the debacle that was the Patriots offense last season, it is hard to see him not starting over Cam Newton.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

The lull between basketball and football is over. If Tom Terrific does it again he'll move to the top of the GOAT list.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

The lull between basketball and football is over. If Tom Terrific does it again he'll move to the top of the GOAT list. In the minds of many he's already there.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject:

Brady is without a doubt the GOAT. At this point you can only compare him with GOATs from other sports, like Jordan or Gretzky. He operates in the salary cap era, which would have denuded the 49ers, the Steel Curtain, the Staubach and Aikman Cowboy teams of talent.

What's interesting is how the narrative shifted after last season. Tampa Bay was viewed as having a relatively poor offensive line and a coach who myopically focused on go routes. Brady changed their offense and their mindset. He gets rid of the ball quickly. He raised the intensity of practices and gave the entire team the expectation that they should win. Their offense is now active with presnap motion and they focus on moving the chains rather than static "no risk it, no biscuit" formations featuring deep passing plays. They simply keep defenses off-balance and move the chains. Now the Tampa Bay OLine is viewed as very good and the coach a genius.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Watching the Bills vs Lions. Goff looks good. Maybe the change of scenery will get him back on track.

Cowboys vs Cardinals up next.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

Cam Newton looked sharp against the Eagles last night. Their running game is better. The defense was on the 1. Shut the Eagles out, 35 0. As the season draws near expect to see more of the starters. Don't sleep on the Pats.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The lull between basketball and football is over. If Tom Terrific does it again he'll move to the top of the GOAT list. In the minds of many he's already there.

he is certainly the goat if you take away
spygate
deflategate
Tuck rule
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

spygate
deflategate
Tuck rule

Bitter much?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Cam Newton looked sharp against the Eagles last night. Their running game is better. The defense was on the 1. Shut the Eagles out, 35 0. As the season draws near expect to see more of the starters. Don't sleep on the Pats.

Cam did well, but Mac Jones has been better.

That being said, I still expect Cam to be the starter.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

spygate
deflategate
Tuck rule

Bitter much?

hell yes.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

The Saints QB competition is over. Sean Payton has seen enough after two drives. It will be Jameis.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Impressive performance by Famous Jameis, but an expensive win in terms of body count for the Saints.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject:

I'm getting the vibe that the future isn't bright for Trevor Lawrence. He's playing behind a porous OLine on a team headed by a former college coach who is more notable for recruitment than Xs and Os. I'm expecting this to follow the all too familiar blueprint for ruined high-pick QBs:

1. Lawrence will be thrown into the fire before he's ready,
2. He won't be properly developed,
3. They will keep starting him in the hope that he'll buy time for continued employment by the head coach.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Knowing Belichick as I think I do Matt is the Pats quarterback of the future. I think this is Cam's last year as the starter.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Knowing Belichick as I think I do Matt is the Pats quarterback of the future. I think this is Cam's last year as the starter.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of starting rookie QBs, particularly at any time earlier than say week 10 or so. It takes time to make that adjustment from the slower college game with the simple defenses. Today Mac had an uneven performance as he had a bit of trouble with the NYG making a greater effort to disguise their defenses as he dominated them yesterday. That's the kind of thing you want them to work out mentally before they set foot onto the field during a regular season game.

While I'm not a fan of Newton's game, he has worked very hard and improved his mechanics. I suspect he's been harboring shoulder damage as he took a beating in years past. That would explain the tortured throwing mechanics from last season. This probably is his swan song as a Patriot's QB, I hope he finds a place to hang his hat next season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

After watching the Bucs starters play together for the first time today for a quarter, I am ready to call it....back to back Super Bowl Champions. When Brady was in, the passing game truly feels like it will be hard to stop. I expect a huge year for Antonio Brown as he looks much more in step with the offense than he did last year......and it was clear that when Evans and Godwin are healthy, this offense barely scratched the surface last season of its potential.

I think Brady for MVP at current odds of +1400 has real value.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
After watching the Bucs starters play together for the first time today for a quarter, I am ready to call it....back to back Super Bowl Champions. When Brady was in, the passing game truly feels like it will be hard to stop. I expect a huge year for Antonio Brown as he looks much more in step with the offense than he did last year......and it was clear that when Evans and Godwin are healthy, this offense barely scratched the surface last season of its potential.

I think Brady for MVP at current odds of +1400 has real value.

Brady looked sharp and the pieces around him are excellent. But that Bucs team has some weaknesses. First I was not a fan of the Trask pick in the second. Super Bowl windows are brief, use the second round pick on a player who can start and make an impact. Just ask Aaron Rodgers. Second, if they lose a starting CB they will be in a lot of trouble, thre's no depth. Third, the backup OLine looks porous and I'm not sure about the wisdom of drafting Hainsey who seems a jack of all trades, master of none; and an injured, poor snapping jack at that. And last the special teams play is abysmal.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject:

^
The Bucs may be a better regular season team this season, but that doesn't mean they will advance far in the playoffs. It's not like they just ripped through the playoffs as a juggernaut, if we're being honest. They got a lot of help from the Saints and Packers, not that I'm taking their wins away. They deservedly won those games, and obviously they ended up exploiting a huge KC weakness (injured O-line) in the Super Bowl. But it wouldn't shock me in the least if they lost their first playoff game this year.

It also wouldn't shock me at all if they won the Super Bowl again. But I don't see their roster as being head and shoulders above the rosters of the top contenders.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 65 of 335
Jump to: