🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Mac would've taken over from Cam early in the season, if Cam had actually been given the starting nod. Cam can't throw the ball anymore.

Cam was an absolute disaster at throwing the football last season, even worse than this season, and yet Belichick stuck with him. He was actually throwing "bounce passes" to receivers. I'm sure part of it had to do with the QB2, Jarrett Stidham, who is far more accurate but had his own issues (slow-processor). Both struggled with the playbook, yet for some reason Belichick refused to put Stidham into games, even in relief well after the season went to hell.

That makes forecasting a QB change an impossibility in New England. That even goes back to Brady outperforming Bledsoe during the preseason. What makes that even more enigmatic was Belichick's refusal to start Brady. During the pregame to that infamous 2001 Game 2, both Belichick and Charlie Weiss were confiding to the Jets coaching staff that they were expecting to lose their jobs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
I expect the Patriots to go further in the playoffs than the Rams. They have something the Rams don't have a good defense.

They also have a better coach. Look where Bill is in the GOAT conversation. LINK

I wonder how bad the Patriots would be last year if he wasn't the coach. He managed to get 7 wins out of that team last year.

Can you imagine Tampa Bay and New England in the SB? I think the Pats are the best team in the AFC right now and you can't never count Brady out.

It would be the most watched Super Bowl in the History Of Western Civilization! Bill Walton

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn’t mind seeing the patriots and packers in the SB, that would make for a great game and interesting story lines.

However, I just don’t see a rookie QB making it through the playoffs..if the pats do make it through BB deserves a lot of the credit
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:25 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Wouldn’t mind seeing the patriots and packers in the SB, that would make for a great game and interesting story lines.

However, I just don’t see a rookie QB making it through the playoffs..if the pats do make it through BB deserves a lot of the credit

The AFC is just completely wide open. There isn't a single truly strong team IMO. Buffalo got its defense back this year, but Josh Allen's accuracy hasn't been there this year, and they are very one-dimensional on offense. Not to mention that they just lost their top CB for the season, which will likely be a huge blow to that strong defense. KC is playing better D lately, but the offense is still struggling, and I don't know that I really trust the defense. Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos? Meh. The Ravens offense has looked awful for a few games now and the defense is nothing to write home about; they might be about to have a Tennessee-like regression, where they aren't as good as their record indicates. Speaking of the Titans, their entire skill position group is hurt. Indy has been playing OK for a while, but no one is going to call them a great team. Cincy? Are we really trusting them? And the Browns aren't going anywhere serious with Mayfield at QB.

It actually wouldn't surprise me at all if this is a year that the Patriots could get out of the conference. Their defense is legit, and they are playing similar to how the Patriots played in the early Brady years. And we know they have the coaching.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

The AFC is just completely wide open. There isn't a single truly strong team IMO. Buffalo got its defense back this year, but Josh Allen's accuracy hasn't been there this year, and they are very one-dimensional on offense. Not to mention that they just lost their top CB for the season, which will likely be a huge blow to that strong defense. KC is playing better D lately, but the offense is still struggling, and I don't know that I really trust the defense. Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos? Meh. The Ravens offense has looked awful for a few games now and the defense is nothing to write home about; they might be about to have a Tennessee-like regression, where they aren't as good as their record indicates. Speaking of the Titans, their entire skill position group is hurt. Indy has been playing OK for a while, but no one is going to call them a great team. Cincy? Are we really trusting them? And the Browns aren't going anywhere serious with Mayfield at QB.

It actually wouldn't surprise me at all if this is a year that the Patriots could get out of the conference. Their defense is legit, and they are playing similar to how the Patriots played in the early Brady years. And we know they have the coaching.

Problem is rookie QB’s usually choke come playoff time. I still think it’s between the Bills and KC, as experience comes into play in the postseason, with the Pats as perhaps the dark horse
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

If it comes down to Pats-Bills then I'm inclined to take New England, as I just don't trust Josh allen. I think Belichik will make him look one dimensional. If it comes down to Chiefs-Pats then I'd also be inclined to take New England because KCs defense is just atrocious, and Bill will make Mahomes turn it over once or twice. Mahomes would have to pitch a perfect game and few QBs do that to Belichik in the postseason. Patriots just look good top to bottom.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
If it comes down to Pats-Bills then I'm inclined to take New England, as I just don't trust Josh allen. I think Belichik will make him look one dimensional. If it comes down to Chiefs-Pats then I'd also be inclined to take New England because KCs defense is just atrocious, and Bill will make Mahomes turn it over once or twice. Mahomes would have to pitch a perfect game and few QBs do that to Belichik in the postseason. Patriots just look good top to bottom.

I don't think it will be KC-BUF again just because that was the AFC Championship last year, so I'll guess that we get at least one new team in there, if not two.

Overall, I think the best team right now is the Packers, and then I'd probably have the most confidence in Tampa Bay next. I still don't trust Arizona, and ditto Dallas or the Rams.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Antonio Brown and Mike Edwards of the Bucs have been suspended 3 games for using falsified vax cards. Those two are just stupid.

I realize that falsifying a vaccination card is likely a federal offense, but it amazes me that Aaron Rodgers was allowed to lie about his status and emerge with just a token fine. The NFL kangaroo court under Goodell sickens me to no end.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Well with Rodgers he didn't lie to his team or the NFL he just didn't tell the public/media. However he was allowed to disregard the rules.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:23 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Well with Rodgers he didn't lie to his team or the NFL he just didn't tell the public/media. However he was allowed to disregard the rules.

Aaron Rodgers lied. It was a material misrepresentation with the intent to deceive.

The entire vaccination requirement has been exposed as a PR campaign. If the intent was to protect the safety of players, coaches and the press, then why did Green Bay and the NFL hide his true vaccination status? Rodgers exposed everyone for half a season, and yet he was only cited once for a violation around Halloween. Brown and Edwards are both vaccinated, and though their original purpose was to lie and deceive, they likely exposed fewer people by being maskless.

This is just part of the ongoing charade by the NFL. The discipline was dictated by the money-making audience draw. Rodgers draws audiences and makes lots of money, Brown and Edwards do not. This isn't about health and safety, it's about money and PR.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Aaron Rodgers lied. It was a material misrepresentation with the intent to deceive.

The entire vaccination requirement has been exposed as a PR campaign. If the intent was to protect the safety of players, coaches and the press, then why did Green Bay and the NFL hide his true vaccination status? Rodgers exposed everyone for half a season, and yet he was only cited once for a violation around Halloween. Brown and Edwards are both vaccinated, and though their original purpose was to lie and deceive, they likely exposed fewer people by being maskless.

This is just part of the ongoing charade by the NFL. The discipline was dictated by the money-making audience draw. Rodgers draws audiences and makes lots of money, Brown and Edwards do not. This isn't about health and safety, it's about money and PR.

I agree with this but the Packers knew and so did the NFL but as you said this is all BS which is why I can't fake outrage over any of this. I think Antonio Brown was stupid(what else is new?)_but the NFL and all these sports franchises need to admit they don't care and to be honest I don't either.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Both Rodgers and Brown should have been suspended at least 8 games. NFL clearly looking out for two of their marquee teams.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

Why is the Chargers defense so bad with stud players like Joey Bosa and Derwin James?

They will waste Herbert's career with unbalanced rosters just like they wasted Philip Rivers career.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Why is the Chargers defense so bad with stud players like Joey Bosa and Derwin James?

They will waste Herbert's career with unbalanced rosters just like they wasted Philip Rivers career.

The Chargers are consistent at something(I guess if you want to take it further they wasted Drew Brees as well)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

The Chargers are consistent at something(I guess if you want to take it further they wasted Drew Brees as well)

Don't give up on the Bolts. Justin's beating Joe 24 - 6 in the 2nd quarter.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Good things happen when the Chargers let Herbert sling the football.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Especially when the other team turns the ball over 4 times.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

These seachickens only show up when they play the Niners....and yeah Pete Carroll got the most punchable face in the NFL.

Last edited by ksmgf on Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Don't give up on the Bolts. Justin's beating Joe 24 - 6 in the 2nd quarter.

I don't like the Chargers though... but they are a snakebit franchise. As much as I wish the Colts won more than one SB at least we have one they had all those teams and couldn't cash it in once.

Oddly enough I thought their best chance was the year the Colts won it all.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I wish we could play the Texans every week
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

The league's caught up to Mahomes. They play 2 deep. When he exercises patience he ok. Cris Collinsworth made a comment that made me take notice. Patrick throws too many sidearm passes. Makes an easy pass difficult.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The league's caught up to Mahomes. They play 2 deep. When he exercises patience he ok. Cris Collinsworth made a comment that made me take notice. Patrick throws too many sidearm passes. Makes an easy pass difficult.

I've always thought that those sidearm passes were the result of him fearing a DL tipping or batting down a pass. While a sidearm pass reduces that risk, it's not a very catchable ball. I think he's improved a bit on those short to intermediate passes, but he's still a work-in-progress. Teams using a Cover 2 shell have really bedeviled Mahomes, relative to previous seasons. He's going to have to work on that in the offseason.

But the KC defense has really improved. They're still grabby in the defensive secondary, but it was premature of me to count them out earlier this season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Got a sneaky feeling the Pats are gonna spank the Bills tonight in Buffalo, Highmark Stadium MNF. I don't think the weather 36 degrees will be an advantage to either team. They're both used to cold weather.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject:

The wind is playing havoc with the ball. Look like this game is going to be won with a running game. Pats strike first. 58 yard running play and a 2 point conversion. 8 zip.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Belichick only threw the ball 3 times tonight. He won this one on the ground.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 96 of 335
Jump to: