Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
RAJON MUTHA F&$#ING RONDO!!!!!!!

I get the criticism for his bad regular season play he has received from a lot of veteran LG posters but I gotta say they sure are quiet these past two games

I still don't like Rondo, prob never will.

But he's a Laker now so I need him to do well so my team can do well.

He had a great game tonight. #PlayoffR

Honest to God I’m probably the biggest Rondo fan here. Even when he was kicking our asses during his Celtic days from 2006-2014

I always would imagine how nice it would be to have a point guard who can take over a game defensively and with his playmaking. (Was tired of watching DFish getting cooked)

Sure Rajon joined our Lakers a shell of that version who was just destroying opposing point guards but I was always rooting for his redemption. A lot of bad play from Rajon during the regular season and then you sprinkle in his bad chemistry with Blonde Kuzma

It feels damn good to see the both of them close out the Rockets tonight in Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals tho!!!!!!!!!! 2-1 let’s gooo Lakers!!!!!! πŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ’ͺ

Terrific assessment of Rondo's season King. He was truly frustrating to watch during regular season but my goodness, I don't care right now with this play. I hope he keeps this up! If he does we are smelling a purple n gold ring ceremony!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

As for Rondo, I've always believed he was a decent player. I've never trashed the guy. He sometimes shoots poorly, yes, but for the most part, he plays his role well, he's tough, and when he's on, he shoots really well. He's our version of Patrick Beverly. My only concern about him is his health.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Props where props are due - Rondo and Kuz were huge! Nice adjustments by Vogel too.
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Sir Charles is making some good points about our big men this series. Wonder if McGee will start on Thursday.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

lakerfansd wrote:
so do we start rondo and send mcgee to the bench or is our coach going to be stubborn and keep starting mcgee?

Vogel came out with Morris instead of McGee to start the half, so he is finally over the idea of McGee. Good sign.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gandalf wrote:
Props where props are due - Rondo and Kuz were huge! Nice adjustments by Vogel too.

Right? Dont know if you saw my half time vent but I was pissed, especially at how they closed that half allowing a layup drill.

I think they saw it too, hence the second half amazing D.

They play D like that, we have a better than 50% chance at winning against anyone.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
RAJON MUTHA F&$#ING RONDO!!!!!!!

I get the criticism for his bad regular season play he has received from a lot of veteran LG posters but I gotta say they sure are quiet these past two games

I still don't like Rondo, prob never will.

But he's a Laker now so I need him to do well so my team can do well.

He had a great game tonight. #PlayoffR

Honest to God I’m probably the biggest Rondo fan here. Even when he was kicking our asses during his Celtic days from 2006-2014

I always would imagine how nice it would be to have a point guard who can take over a game defensively and with his playmaking. (Was tired of watching DFish getting cooked)

Sure Rajon joined our Lakers a shell of that version who was just destroying opposing point guards but I was always rooting for his redemption. A lot of bad play from Rajon during the regular season and then you sprinkle in his bad chemistry with Blonde Kuzma

It feels damn good to see the both of them close out the Rockets tonight in Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals tho!!!!!!!!!! 2-1 let’s gooo Lakers!!!!!! πŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ’ͺ

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

The Nightbringer wrote:
Sir Charles is making some good points about our big men this series. Wonder if McGee will start on Thursday.

He will. Vogel makes adjustments after seeing if what he typically does "isnt working" in that game at that time. But typically does not make an adjustment that goes beyond a single game - although he did decide Dwight wont play for now, so who knows?
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Gotta give credit to Kuz. He drives me nuts, but was great in the 4th.

He can be huge for us if he keeps running those cuts!
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
Playoff Rondo > Yo Momma

Naa,

mi madre > Rondo

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
The Nightbringer wrote:

He will. Vogel makes adjustments after seeing if what he typically does "isnt working" in that game at that time. But typically does not make an adjustment that goes beyond a single game - although he did decide Dwight wont play for now, so who knows?

I still think Dwight should start or play over McGee... I think Dwight can give you more out there. He is bigger and stronger than McGee. Dwight also moves pretty well on defense to stay with a guy like Tucker/House/Covington.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Harden seems oddly detached from this series. It's like he doesn't care. Don't know what's up with him, but something is.

Good win, but not an impressive win. We needed an unusually big game from Lebron and same for Rando. Defense is still bad, our outside shooting (Green, KCP, Caruso) is still lacking and inconsistent, and we still aren't playing properly inside. I'll take any win, but with the Clippers looming in the next round, I'm not feeling too good about things.

He wants Westbrook out. He does this all the time. Westbrick was given a green light tonight but everyone got cold.

Thing is, we welcome the, making 2 pts instead of 3 every time.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject:

LeBron, Kuz, Rondo, and AD were big time tonight!
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject:

This win was so satisfying, HOU played as well as they could hope. WB showed up and scored 30 and Harden scored 32, they were 40% from 3, 48% from the field and they STILLlost by double digits.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Harden seems oddly detached from this series. It's like he doesn't care. Don't know what's up with him, but something is.

Good win, but not an impressive win. We needed an unusually big game from Lebron and same for Rando. Defense is still bad, our outside shooting (Green, KCP, Caruso) is still lacking and inconsistent, and we still aren't playing properly inside. I'll take any win, but with the Clippers looming in the next round, I'm not feeling too good about things.

Hmm, I had been thinking he had been playing great.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

2 more wins to WCF, let’s kick out the Houston micro balls!!
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Wonder how long the Harden/Rockets marriage last. I hear what your saying about not having played our best yet. We still have room for improvement. Clippers aren’t exactly blowing the door off teams. If we see them it’s on and both sides know it
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

It’s games like these that really show me that we never would have won on Lebron’s timeline with Ingram, Hart, and Lonzo. At this point in the season it’s Big Boy ball. No mistakes. Harden and Westbrook can easily have this back
2-2 . I believe Vogel knows who he can trust to deliver.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/DragonflyJonez/status/1303551263884353542

StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure glad we have Rondo
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
https://twitter.com/DragonflyJonez/status/1303551263884353542

Great post. Laker nation, baby! Remind the haters!!!
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Harden looked like he was playing hard to me. He played great and was blowing past everyone. No one could stay in front of him.

It wasn't impressive because the defensive was terrible in the first half, but LBJ was very impressive and the defense in the second half was impressive. They flipped the switch.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject:

I think the Rockets just run out of steam because of their style and Dantoni playing such a short rotation. The last 2 games they have just collapsed in the 4th qtr
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
The Nightbringer wrote:

I still think Dwight should start or play over McGee... I think Dwight can give you more out there. He is bigger and stronger than McGee. Dwight also moves pretty well on defense to stay with a guy like Tucker/House/Covington.

I agree - I would definitely use Dwight. Especially with the layup drill in the first half.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
James Harden: Last game it was Markieff, this game it was Rondo. We have to do a better job of controlling the role players.

As long as the Lakers get production from a 3rd player, they will be tough to beat. Welcome to the 2019-20 Lakers, James.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 48 of 49
Jump to: