+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers (08/22/20) Rd 1, Gm 3 / Gm#74 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Orlando Sanchez
@orlandokgw

"The discrepancy in free throws is something that's out of our control...when a team is living at the free throw line, like they did tonight, it's going to be hard to win a game against a team that's as good as they are."

Lakers went to the line 43 times vs. Blazers 19

#RipCity

https://twitter.com/orlandokgw/status/1297383872162705409

LOL!! Ahh hahahaha. Oh boo hoo.
Dame, your game is predicated on trying to draw fouls at the 3 point line. And you got 14 FTs today. Not to mention the crap ton you got in the bubble just to make the dance!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Orlando Sanchez
@orlandokgw

"The discrepancy in free throws is something that's out of our control...when a team is living at the free throw line, like they did tonight, it's going to be hard to win a game against a team that's as good as they are."

#RipCity

Dame, your game is predicated on trying to draw fouls at the 3 point line. And you got 14 FTs today. Not to mention the crap ton you got in the bubble just to make the dance!

lol...he is taking all kind 30-35 footers bombs, nobody asked him to stop attacking the rim
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Orlando Sanchez
@orlandokgw

#RipCity

lol...he is taking all kind 30-35 footers bombs, nobody asked him to stop attacking the rim

I think after he got stuffed by AD he was like.... hmmm.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject:

It feels like the CJ “injury” is a bit exaggerated imo. Never seen a player with a back fracture still perform as well as he has...
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
It feels like the CJ “injury” is a bit exaggerated imo. Never seen a player with a back fracture still perform as well as he has...

He did say he was fine and it was being blown out of proportion.
Perhaps it's the tailbone of the "back"
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

He said it was being overblown by the media.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Epic and TD. I can always rely on you for accurate information
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/justrycole/status/1297412713958670337?s=21

đź‘€
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/justrycole/status/1297412713958670337?s=21

đź‘€

Damn, that's insane! Out of 16 Playoff teams we have 4 of the top 6 players

Still amazes me how much Kuz has improved defensively. Just earlier this season some teams were still purposely targeting him like he was LouWill.

Lakers are suddenly starting to somewhat resemble that team we saw before the stoppage.. Uh ohhh rest of the league.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:04 am    Post subject:

Damn if only Avery...could have had 5 of the top 6 or 7 plus defenders. 04 Piston level....sort of.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

Dame Dolla is such a beast CJ is overlooked by the media and some fans. I don't think he is by players. They know what he's capable of. CJ and Dame form one of the best back courts in the league. They are very much cognate.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Orlando Sanchez
@orlandokgw

#RipCity

Actually that isn’t his game, he lives at the 3 point line, not the free throw line.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
rybee wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Any reason why Waiters rode the pine today?

I think Vogel doesn’t trust his defense

JR Smith is cool though.

I cringed when Smith was put into the game and he played to my expectations, immediately jacked up an off balance 3pt shot, was lost on defensive rotations and couldn’t stay in front of his man.

I’m guessing Klutch is getting a kick back on his salary because he doesn’t belong on the court. And I will have the same opinion when he has that one spurt of going 4-6 from 3pt one of these days.

There was a reason he hasn’t been signed for two years. Playoff mins is absurd!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Orlando Sanchez
@orlandokgw

#RipCity

Actually that isn’t his game, he lives at the 3 point line, not the free throw line.

Dame's not a one tick pony. He can kill you from the 3, get his shot off the dribble, take it to the rim with authority, take the contact, finish and draw the foul for a 3 point opportunity. FG 46.3 % 88.8% from the line. Dame Dolla is a complete player.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rybee wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

JR Smith is cool though.

I cringed when Smith was put into the game and he played to my expectations, immediately jacked up an off balance 3pt shot, was lost on defensive rotations and couldn’t stay in front of his man.

I’m guessing Klutch is getting a kick back on his salary because he doesn’t belong on the court. And I will have the same opinion when he has that one spurt of going 4-6 from 3pt one of these days.

It has to be Klutch influenced, JR doesn’t deserve playing time based on his play.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rybee wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

JR Smith is cool though.

It has to be Klutch influenced, JR doesn’t deserve playing time based on his play.

I can't believe a sports agent has enough influence to get a player minutes. For the life of me I can't figure out why Waiters is riding the pine and JR's getting minutes.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rybee wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

JR Smith is cool though.

I can't believe a sports agent has enough influence to get a player minutes.

Welcome to the Jeanie Buss led Lakers. Do you really think that JR has deserved minutes?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rybee wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

JR Smith is cool though.

I can't believe a sports agent has enough influence to get a player minutes.

Welcome to the Jeanie Buss led Lakers. Do you really think that JR has deserved minutes?

NO Read the edit in my last post.

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject:

There has been talk in recent years about breaking up the Lillard/McCollum combo.

The reason is that you can't have your best two guys be Guards (just ask Washington with Wall & Beal). And don't say look at GS as Thompson is a SF.

This is being exposed in the Lakers.Blazers match-up. In game three, the Lakers best two guys scored a combined 67 points, while the Blazers best two scored 62 (pretty close), but the big difference is in Assists + Rebounds.

Theoretically, an Assist or a Rebound accounts for 2 points each and if you add up LeBron/Davis (39) x 2 = 78 points, while the Lillard/McCollum duo had (24) x 2 = 48 points.

Meaning in addition to their scoring, the Lakers best two players CONTRIBUTED 30 MORE points than the Blazers best two players!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rybee wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

JR Smith is cool though.

I can't believe a sports agent has enough influence to get a player minutes. For the life of me I can't figure out why Waiters is riding the pine and JR's getting minutes.

The answer is easy. Klutch is not your normal “agent”. It is James’ company. His influence. His decisions. Maverick Carter may be a great businessman on his own right but in this case he is along for the ride. James has that 51% vote and veto power.

When the Lakers / Bus signed James /Klutch they knew what they were buying into, good and bad. James is an iconic player and personality. Perhaps more influence then any other player in NBA history. This is the team that James wanted, including Smith. Whether subtly or overtly, this is James.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
rybee wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

JR Smith is cool though.

The answer is easy. Klutch is not your normal “agent”. It is James’ company. His influence. His decisions. Maverick Carter may be a great businessman on his own right but in this case he is along for the ride. James has that 51% vote and veto power.

When the Lakers / Bus signed James /Klutch they knew what they were buying into, good and bad. James is an iconic player and personality. Perhaps more influence then any other player in NBA history. This is the team that James wanted, including Smith. Whether subtly or overtly, this is James.

Judging by how things are going I can't refute what you say.

IMO this is LBJ's best last chance for a ship. We may get there again next year but that's not a given.

We're a better team than Portland. If the Clipper curse doesn't show up it's going to be a real battle in the western finals.

SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

Nowadays I'm more afraid of the Rockets than of the Clippers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:

I really believe in this environment with all the time off, the rockets can beat the Lakers or the Clippers.

It’s going to take a hell of a defensive series from either the Lakers or Clippers and in the Lakers case, if they shoot like crap it’s game over.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

I really believe in this environment with all the time off, the rockets can beat the Lakers or the Clippers.

It’s going to take a hell of a defensive series from either the Lakers or Clippers and in the Lakers case, if they shoot like crap it’s game over.

I don't know why, but I feel strangely confident about the Rockets. Tbh I was more terrified of the Blazers, mainly cuz of the potential of the Dame/CJ combo to go off. I can respect Harden as one of the greatest scorers of this generation, but he just doesn't incite the same fear. Westbrook, barely any at all, though I'm prepared for a game or two where his energy just overwhelms our guards.

But I really feel like the last regular season game we played them was an aberration, and we were caught off guard, being one of the first teams that played them after the Capela trade. I think there's been some really good development on our side since then, with Kuz' emergence as a reliable defender, getting a few more bodies that can play in a series like that (Kieff, Dion, hesitantly JR), and the success of our small ball lineups with AD at the 5. As long as Vogel doesn't do anything stupid like stubbornly sticking to Mcgee/Dwight for too long in any game, I trust in his ability to make the defensive adjustments necessary to counter Houston's attack. We have the ability/discipline to challenge their shooters (the real danger IMO), while still containing Harden's one-on-one scoring. Overall, I think it's a better matchup than what's been advertised and even hyped up all based on one regular season matchup.

Still scared of the Clippers more, simply because they have so damn much to throw at Lebron, and their depth may just overwhelm us.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

not bad performance for being the underdogs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 39 of 40
Jump to: