What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Where have all the white male American NBA stars gone?

It isn't an American basketball problem really, because the WNBA is chock-a-block with great white American born players from elder stateswomen like Sue Bird and Elena Delle Donne to young superstars like Sabrina Ionescu.

In the NBA, Jokic is about to win MVP, Luka looks like a future MVP winner, and there's a deep stable of starter to ASG caliber international white guys while the oft-injured Kevin Love and Gordon Hayward are still probably the best white American NBA players.

What's the deal do you think?

With more and more parents not letting their kids play football, I think eventually we'll see a great white American NBA star, since plenty of football players are also good basketball players (or at least think they are).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

It isn't an American basketball problem really, because the WNBA is chock-a-block with great white American born players from elder stateswomen like Sue Bird and Elena Delle Donne to young superstars like Sabrina Ionescu.

In the NBA, Jokic is about to win MVP, Luka looks like a future MVP winner, and there's a deep stable of starter to ASG caliber international white guys while the oft-injured Kevin Love and Gordon Hayward are still probably the best white American NBA players.

With more and more parents not letting their kids play football, I think eventually we'll see a great white American NBA star, since plenty of football players are also good basketball players (or at least think they are).

Best Caucasian American player in the league is prolly ... Tyler Herro?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Jokic and Luka both much better.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Jokic and Luka both much better.

Has to be American.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 11:37 pm    Post subject:

It's fun to see a social network profile of someone who has blue/green/pink/half-shaved hair + neck tattoos + septum ring, etc., and then clicking through a reverse chronological slideshow of a person gradually un-losing their mind.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
The bold is almost always the way it is for me, where the entree/burger is memorable and fries come along for the ride. Although usually the more memorable ones involve garlic or some seasoning for me, so maybe not about the potato-cooking exactly. The Kroft was ok for a few times, but then I realized the oil just was too much and gross and the garlic was actually way too much.

BLK is definitely on my list now, along with the Stand. Thanks again.

Back to a more important topic, I had both BLK and The Stand this week, and I paid attention to the fries. The Stand was excellent; BLK was good to very good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Gordon Haywood, Kevin Love, when healthy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

I will never be a LeBron fan.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Getting back to art history discussion in this thread, though it might have been the Doc thread, but since it's a "hit take" of sorts, as my son said this evening, "My favorite art movement is Dada because it's basically a bunch of French M***** F*****s just F***ing around" . . . he's absolutely right and a chip off the old block.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:

And both those guys are north of 30 years of age and clearly don't have anymore All-Star seasons left in them.

Is it the lure of football?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

Stop using the term "neoliberal" to describe everything you don't like.

Working from home is not neoliberalism. Paying rent is not neoliberalism. Stubbing your toe is not neoliberalism.

Why does this review of the new St. Vincent album have an aside about the "austerity politics of the neoliberal consensus?" Just shut up. You're a 33-year-old freelance writer living in Bensonhurst, not a teenager in an intro PoliSci seminar.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

To paraphrase Dr. Dre (of NWA fame):
If you're a music critic, that probably means you were a failure at making music . . . and don't know jack about it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:

And both those guys are north of 30 years of age and clearly don't have anymore All-Star seasons left in them.

I hadn't taken their age into consideration. I gaged them on their play. The majority of White players in the NBA with major skills are over 30. I don't think Tyler has much competition.

Who do you have except Herro?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I hadn't taken their age into consideration. I gaged them on their play. The majority of White players in the NBA with major skills are over 30. I don't think Tyler has much competition.

Alex Caruso? Grayson Allen? Duncan Robinson?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:

They are good players. If you consider them the best what does that say about White White players in the NBA?

Last edited by jodeke on Mon May 24, 2021 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Pabst Blue Ribbon is a better beer than Heineken at half the price.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I've found that PBR and Rolling Rock offer a decent bang for the buck... however they both make me have to piss like a racehorse, moreso than other beers.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Only if you think piss is a better beverage than lemonade. It’s hard to find a beer beyond the generics and light beers that are less appetizing than PBR.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:

They are good players. If you consider them the best what does that say about White White players in the NBA?

That they're scared of black players at the AAU level.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I've found that PBR and Rolling Rock offer a decent bang for the buck... however they both make me have to piss like a racehorse, moreso than other beers.

Makes sense since they are nothing but water.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

I think those damn Europeans took their jobs!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Again, the WNBA is a counterexample. Great Euro talents, even greater Caucasian American born ballers.

So is the discrepancy football or passive racism?

Or is there it a rare statistical blip?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Again, the WNBA is a counterexample. Great Euro talents, even greater Caucasian American born ballers.

So is the discrepancy football or passive racism?

Or is there it a rare statistical blip?

Baseball.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Only if you think piss is a better beverage than lemonade. It’s hard to find a beer beyond the generics and light beers that are less appetizing than PBR.

Apparently Blue Ribbons mean nothing to you Omar!

Heineken and Stella Artois are Euro headache beer, I am part of the working class American's drinking PBR Tall Boys from coast to coast.

Blue Ribbon Omar....that is first place.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Alcohol is gross and from a taste standpoint there is no real reason to drink it. It's fine for cooking though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 36 of 80
Jump to: