jodeke wrote:
XTC wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
SOFI stadium is lit!!!!!
It is even better than I thought.
Jeanie should really build a new arena in the neighborhood, it will be a money cow for the lakers. I hope she wonโ€™t regret it given the success of chase center and sofi stadium

It's my understanding she didn't go back to Inglewood because AEG promised they were going to improve Staples Center. I think they're locked in.

Like you, I think it would have been great if she had bought the Forum the house that Jack built. The home of the Lakers. The Sailboat Crew is going to soil a great memory.

It was offered to Jeanie that they would heavily revise the Forum to lure the Lakers back but she rejected it. Downtown LA is where the Lakers will play until 2041. I'm sure a huge part of it was because the Lakers are a centerpiece of the downtown revitalization. Versus Inglewood where the reason that area is revitalized was because of the big money from the NFL stadium.

I didn't know that. I wish she had taken the offer. The parking is abundant. Downtown parking is a nightmare. When I go to games I Uber.

Parking is abundantly expensive these days. Can't believe parking at the Forum for non-basketball events such as Rams vs Bucs on 9/26 is $75. Even if Jeanie decided to work with MSG/Azoff/Jim Dolan (<-that Dolan!), you'd have to wonder how much capital would the Lakers be willing to put up since Azoff was pitching a deal to rebuild the Forum from scratch into an MSG venture? If Lakers aren't going in as venture partners with MSG, they'd be a tenant at the Forum, so they might as well get a better deal with AEG by staying at Staples.

Damn $75.00!!! I live 20 minutes walking distance from the Forum. I'll walk or Uber if I go to Ram games.

It's easy to spend someone else's money. Ballmer bought the Forum for $400 million. I wish Jeanie had bought it for sentimental reasons.

Ballmer bought it to remove the MSG from stopping them from building the new Clippers arena. It will probably remain a concert venue for now.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
XTC wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
SOFI stadium is lit!!!!!
Jeanie should really build a new arena in the neighborhood, it will be a money cow for the lakers. I hope she wonโ€™t regret it given the success of chase center and sofi stadium

It's my understanding she didn't go back to Inglewood because AEG promised they were going to improve Staples Center. I think they're locked in.

Like you, I think it would have been great if she had bought the Forum the house that Jack built. The home of the Lakers. The Sailboat Crew is going to soil a great memory.

It was offered to Jeanie that they would heavily revise the Forum to lure the Lakers back but she rejected it. Downtown LA is where the Lakers will play until 2041. I'm sure a huge part of it was because the Lakers are a centerpiece of the downtown revitalization. Versus Inglewood where the reason that area is revitalized was because of the big money from the NFL stadium.

I didn't know that. I wish she had taken the offer. The parking is abundant. Downtown parking is a nightmare. When I go to games I Uber.

Parking is abundantly expensive these days. Can't believe parking at the Forum for non-basketball events such as Rams vs Bucs on 9/26 is $75. Even if Jeanie decided to work with MSG/Azoff/Jim Dolan (<-that Dolan!), you'd have to wonder how much capital would the Lakers be willing to put up since Azoff was pitching a deal to rebuild the Forum from scratch into an MSG venture? If Lakers aren't going in as venture partners with MSG, they'd be a tenant at the Forum, so they might as well get a better deal with AEG by staying at Staples.

Damn $75.00!!! I live 20 minutes walking distance from the Forum. I'll walk or Uber if I go to Ram games.

It's easy to spend someone else's money. Ballmer bought the Forum for $400 million. I wish Jeanie had bought it for sentimental reasons.

Jeanie is not even in the same neighborhood as Ballmer when it comes to net worth, so she probably doesn't want added risk
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
XTC wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
SOFI stadium is lit!!!!!

Ballmer bought it to remove the MSG from stopping them from building the new Clippers arena. It will probably remain a concert venue for now.

The Sailboat Crew is scheduled to play there in 2024. I pass the location quite often. I haven't seen any constrution on the building.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
XTC wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
SOFI stadium is lit!!!!!

Jeanie is not even in the same neighborhood as Ballmer when it comes to net worth, so she probably doesn't want added risk

What risk?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AD23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Stafford and his rocket arm with another long bomb.

What a HUGE upgrade.

Overall he looked great. He has a strong arm, makes good decisions. I'm a little concerned with his accuracy. He threw a few balls behind the receivers. They made great catches. It was the first game the timing will improve. No I've not seen a lot of Matt over the years.

Looks like a promising season ahead.

LMAO spoken like someone who's never seen Stafford play.

I watched the game Sunday, did you? I saw him throw 3 passes behind receivers who made great adjustments. I thought it was timing that will improve. I'm gonna stick to my original statement
Quote:
It was the first game the timing will improve.

So why are you concerned?
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject:

It was the first game and these guys didn't even play together in pre-season. Tough to simulate game speed in practice and 7 on 7s. Any concerns should be put to rest. (I'm more concerned with the defenses soft coverage and McVay getting too pass happy)

All things considered, I think Stafford finished with the highest QBR of any QB in week 1 and was like 21-26 on his passes. I'll take that + the big splash plays all day every day.

We didn't have to burn any TO's or worry about the game clock ONCE this game. McVay calls the play and Stafford does the rest.... McVay doesn't have to babysit and call out the defenses for his QB any more. It's a whole new world.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
AD23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

What a HUGE upgrade.

Overall he looked great. He has a strong arm, makes good decisions. I'm a little concerned with his accuracy. He threw a few balls behind the receivers. They made great catches. It was the first game the timing will improve. No I've not seen a lot of Matt over the years.

I watched the game Sunday, did you? I saw him throw 3 passes behind receivers who made great adjustments. I thought it was timing that will improve. I'm gonna stick to my original statement
Quote:

As you said "LMAO spoken like someone who's never seen Stafford play." I haven't seen much, can't remember seeing him play off-hand. I guess you have. Is his accuracy something I should be concerbed about?

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Finally got the QB1 for mcvay
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AD23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
AD23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

What a HUGE upgrade.

Quote:

As you said "LMAO spoken like someone who's never seen Stafford play." I haven't seen much, can't remember seeing him play off-hand. I guess you have. Is his accuracy something I should be concerbed about?

If there were concerns, the Rams would not have traded for him. He's a huge upgrade from Goof... that's all u need to know. Just roll with it, Jo.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Stafford is a gigantic upgrade. Can't be stressed enough. I've watched Lions games for years because I've tended to have a lot of their players in fantasy football. Not only is the arm legit, but far more importantly, he really processes things well pre-snap. He knows what's happening on the field, and that's huge. He's probably around the 9th or 10th best QB in football. If the Rams stay reasonably healthy, they will be a serious contender this season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, PLAT & CS. . It's been awhile since I paid much attention to the Rams since they left and came back. I'll be watching with less concern.

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Thanks, PLAT & CS. . It's been awhile since I paid much attention to the Rams since they left and came back. I'll be watching with less concern.

No worries.

Its funny though, because even if the team wins and plays well... I always tend to nitpick the inefficiencies or mistakes or areas for improvement.

Sunday during the game I was in a Rams forum in the game chat and was really close to being banned for being " a negative Nancy" and "ruining " the game day experience. *eyeroll

Maybe because we are Lakers fans, we expect excellence? Idk. Maybe I'm just a nitpicky old bastard. Oh well. Early game on Sunday vs Indy. I'm excited to see what adjustments are made. This was basically a pre-season game for our starters.

Last edited by PLATNUM on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

ESPN Power Rankings have the Rams #4 this week.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rams QB Matthew Stafford has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week after passing for 321 yards and three touchdowns with a 156.1 passer rating in a 34-14 win over the Bears.

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Rams QB Matthew Stafford has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week after passing for 321 yards and three touchdowns with a 156.1 passer rating in a 34-14 win over the Bears.

He keeps it up... he'll be in discussions for MVP.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Rams carry no injury designations for Week 2 matchup.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

Let's go Rams!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

What a stand by the defense!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

Coooop!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

Rams offense just went 90 yards like it was nothing. 7-0 Rams.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
What a stand by the defense!

Yeah!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

Interception!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

Low scoring game. 10-3 Rams 2 min left first half.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

Stafford with the thumb injury. Not sure how serious it is. Heโ€™s been looking like a top5 qb thus far
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

Halftime: Rams 10, Colts 6. The rams get the ball to start the 2nd half.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 230, 231, 232  Next
Page 38 of 232
Jump to: