Hard_Butter wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
32 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Rams open as 3.5-point favorites.

Thanks.

They will beat the Niners this time.

I am not about to let you do this.

You guys are going to beat us....yet again.

Any team but KC please. I like the Rams and Bills too.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject:

if rams lose should mcvay be fired?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
if rams lose should mcvay be fired?

If Rams lose they are in a really bad place....we have a lot couple of players who are only here for this year.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Oh AB you petty...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJ0_GjhWYAQMkP1?format=jpg&name=large
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Hate the OT rule - hope it's changed.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Hate the OT rule - hope it's changed.

Yeah it was a hollow ending to the greatest game I've ever watched.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject:

How about Staff tho?

Goes from never winning a playoff game in his first 12 years to winning 2 straight in his first year as a Ram...all the while playing well and beating the GOAT and defending champs along the way. All that weight on his shoulders and now he's one win away from the SB.

Yeah....he wasn't the problem in Detroit.

Those two throws to Kupp for the game winning FG was a thing of beauty. Staff has always been clutch.

Kiss my Converse.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject:

The problem has always been the Lions franchise....I mean Calvin Johnson one of the youngest NFL hall of famers retired early because he was tired of losing.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
The problem has always been the Lions franchise....I mean Calvin Johnson one of the youngest NFL hall of famers retired early because he was tired of losing.

Barry Sanders agrees.

Kiss my Converse.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Barry Sanders agrees.

Yep, imagine being one of the greatest players in your position and all that effort is futile because the team is going nowhere. I can see why it can kill the competitive drive in an elite NFL player.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject:

2 more wins...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Barry Sanders agrees.

Yep, imagine being one of the greatest players in your position and all that effort is futile because the team is going nowhere. I can see why it can kill the competitive drive in an elite NFL player.

You can't tell me that Calvin Johnson loved football enough. Demand a trade. Sit out a year. Do whatever you have to do. Eventually, the team WILL trade you. He was fine with not playing anymore, even knowing he was likely going to have to give significant signing bonus money back.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Niners all-pro LT Trent Williams has an ankle injury. He was seen walking after the packers game on crutches. X-rays today were negative. Also, Deebo Samuel got banged up pretty good. He says he's good. Also, Kittle was seen limping after the packers game. Haven't heard anything since. Something to watch for this week. That extra day off could help them.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rams-change-ticket-policy-for-nfc-championship-game-in-hopes-of-keeping-49ers-fans-out-of-sofi-stadium/

he Los Angeles Rams want to ensure that next Sunday's NFC Championship Game is indeed a home-field advantage. The Rams will play host to the 49ers in a rematch of San Francisco's 27-24 overtime win in Week 18 in front of a SoFi Stadium crowd that included plenty of 49ers fans.

Through Ticketmaster, the Rams informed ticket seekers that public sales for the NFC Championship Game will be restricted to residents of the Greater Los Angeles region, via The Mercury News. Residency will be based on credit card billing address at checkout.

The Titans tried a similar tactic with the hope of limiting the amount of Bengals fans inside Nissan Stadium for this past weekend's divisional round playoff game. Under the Titans' adjusted policy, tickets for this past Saturday's game could not be transferred to anyone who purchased them until 24 hours before kickoff. The tactic did not appear to work, however, as a slew of Bengals fans were on hand to celebrate their team's last-second victory in Nashville.

San Francisco swept Los Angeles during the regular season. The Rams had no answer for Deebo Samuel, who had eight touches for 133 yards and two touchdowns in the 49ers' 31-10 win over the Rams in Week 10. Samuel followed that effort up with 140 total yards and a score on 12 touches in San Francisco's playoff-clinching Week 18 win in Los Angeles. He was complemented in both games by running back Elijah Mitchell, who ran for a combined 176 yards on 48 carries. Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo was steady in both games, while the 49ers' offensive line did not allow Aaron Donald to take down Garoppolo in either matchup.

The Rams are trying to become the first team to host a conference championship and Super Bowl in consecutive games. The 49ers are two wins away from joining the Patriots and Steelers as the only franchises with six Lombardi trophies.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject:

NFC championship tickets starting around $600 for nosebleeds...
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:51 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
32 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Rams open as 3.5-point favorites.

Thanks.

They will beat the Niners this time.

Niners are the best team in the NFC right now IMO. Especially after what they did the last 3 weeks, which were all road wins. Green Bay couldn’t even beat them in freezing temperatures after a bye week.

I really thought the last game against the 49ers with the 17-0 lead was our best chance to beat them and it still turned into a loss. Only way this looks like a better chance is if the 49ers are too banged up, which is a possibility (I never root for injuries though and would rather beat them at their best).
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I’m more afraid of Garoppolo than I was of Brady. Never thought I’d say that.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

Not scared of Jimmy G, but man the 49ers strike fear in the hearts of Rams fans historically. Even this team with its stellar defense has lost 6 straight against them. Its one hell of a barrier to the Super Bowl and I'm sure the team is motivated to get the monkey off their back.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Scared of Jimmy G? He is nothing but a caretaker. A worse version of Alex Smith. As for the fact he's been to a Super Bowl and now to a second NFC Championship, I mean, Mark Sanchez got a team to two AFC Championships. His play in their playoff wins over their 2 playoff runs has been at best average and at worst horrendous.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:30 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

Why might I ask? Seems to me like he's just asked to be Trent Dilfer.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:31 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Barry Sanders agrees.

You can't tell me that Calvin Johnson loved football enough. Demand a trade. Sit out a year. Do whatever you have to do. Eventually, the team WILL trade you. He was fine with not playing anymore, even knowing he was likely going to have to give significant signing bonus money back.

IIRC, I believe Calvin cited that he felt his body was breaking down and not feeling like his normal self as one of the reasons he quit so early. The Lions being one of the worst franchises in all of sports obviously played a part, but I think he saw CTE coming before it was even such a thing. In fact, Barry said something similar. Now whether that's just some weird coincidence or perhaps playing for such a losing organization is the impetus....who knows? I just can't help but think what both would've done if they played out their careers. Barry would've shattered all rushing records had he continued to play. He would've obliterated ish had he and Emmit switched places. What Barry was able to do with that sh!t Lions O-line is nothing short of amazing. He is, to this day, the greatest running back that I have ever witnessed.

Credit the Lions with respecting Stafford's wishes. He wanted to go to a winner and they granted it. They took Goff....LMAO. TY.

And Matty is a class act. Never did he raise a stink in Detroit. He's a good egg. He is the anti-Rodgers.

Kiss my Converse.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Why might I ask? Seems to me like he's just asked to be Trent Dilfer.

or Joey Flaco, Hasselback, etc.

Neutralize Deebo as best you can. That should be the number one directive. I'd spy Jalen on him all day if it was up to me.

Kiss my Converse.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:16 am    Post subject:

the good thing for rams is that they should have won last match up,so they have hindsight on their side.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rams-change-ticket-policy-for-nfc-championship-game-in-hopes-of-keeping-49ers-fans-out-of-sofi-stadium/

he Los Angeles Rams want to ensure that next Sunday's NFC Championship Game is indeed a home-field advantage. The Rams will play host to the 49ers in a rematch of San Francisco's 27-24 overtime win in Week 18 in front of a SoFi Stadium crowd that included plenty of 49ers fans.

Through Ticketmaster, the Rams informed ticket seekers that public sales for the NFC Championship Game will be restricted to residents of the Greater Los Angeles region, via The Mercury News. Residency will be based on credit card billing address at checkout.

The Titans tried a similar tactic with the hope of limiting the amount of Bengals fans inside Nissan Stadium for this past weekend's divisional round playoff game. Under the Titans' adjusted policy, tickets for this past Saturday's game could not be transferred to anyone who purchased them until 24 hours before kickoff. The tactic did not appear to work, however, as a slew of Bengals fans were on hand to celebrate their team's last-second victory in Nashville.

San Francisco swept Los Angeles during the regular season. The Rams had no answer for Deebo Samuel, who had eight touches for 133 yards and two touchdowns in the 49ers' 31-10 win over the Rams in Week 10. Samuel followed that effort up with 140 total yards and a score on 12 touches in San Francisco's playoff-clinching Week 18 win in Los Angeles. He was complemented in both games by running back Elijah Mitchell, who ran for a combined 176 yards on 48 carries. Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo was steady in both games, while the 49ers' offensive line did not allow Aaron Donald to take down Garoppolo in either matchup.

The Rams are trying to become the first team to host a conference championship and Super Bowl in consecutive games. The 49ers are two wins away from joining the Patriots and Steelers as the only franchises with six Lombardi trophies.

When you have a fan base this isn’t necessary.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
paymonM wrote:

When you have a fan base this isn’t necessary.

Blame the NFL for this...they were the ones that yanked the team from LA and allowed everyone who lived here to become fans of another team while there was a vacuum of professional football in the city. You ain't gonna convert all those people back to Rams fans just because they moved back. It will take decades for them to rebuild the fanbase.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 228, 229, 230  Next
Page 113 of 230
Jump to: