Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 229, 230, 231  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I hope McVay learned something. When you get a lead keep the pedal to the medal. He got conservative and played not to lose, just what I thought he'd do.

They all do.....they just do. It only gets worse as the games mean more.

That's true but screen passes and other short conservative pass plays, etc keeps the defense guessing. Just running when there is still half a quarter left is too conservative to my mind but I'm not a coach so...but yes if they don't fumble and miss an easy field goal we aren't debating this at all.

Last edited by strong9 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject:

If Bucs were really aggressive they could've went for 2 and Rams would've been really under pressure....luckily they played not to lose and gave them enough time for the Rams to pull it out.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I hope McVay learned something. When you get a lead keep the pedal to the medal. He got conservative and played not to lose, just what I thought he'd do.

Sean did well…. the fumbles cost us

But that's exactly why you keep the pedal to the metal. Your chances to turnover are basically the same either way against a defense specifically looking to create them. So when just playing to run clock, and not score, you're already admitting a defeat in your mind and, lo and behold, it basically happened here. The moment they went downfield, BAM, they took the game.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm exhausted after that one.

I may skip the first half of the AFC game.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

He should change his name to Sean McShell. I just aged 10 years in that 4th quarter.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Sean did well…. the fumbles cost us

That was a comedy of errors by both teams.

Sean was out coaching Arians hands down on both sides of the ball and special teams. He got conservative and nearly cost the Rams the game. If it wasn't for SuperKupp we may have lost. And I have to give Stafford his props, he put the ball on the number in crunch time.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Akers should not be the lead back, also. Great story, but he has been beyond horrific for the past 2 games.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject:

I watched that game-winner again and it looked like the left end for TB was offsides and he almost blocked it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Despite the fact that they almost choked away the game, Rams have an incredibly opportunity next week at home and possibly the game afterwards. They needed to stamp their presence in LA, what an opportunity to do it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

I heard the Rams are going to sell tickets to the NFC championship game geographically so I guess that means only people that reside in the LA area will get a crack at it. I'm all for that but I'm sure there are still a fair amount of niner fans that live in LA. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as last game.

Last edited by 32 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

32 wrote:
I watched that game-winner again and it looked like the left end for TB was offsides and he almost blocked it.

It did look like he jumped. The kick just squeaked over the goal post.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

It did look like he jumped. The kick squeaked over the goal post.

LINK

Yeah, he definitely jumped and it should have been called. Gay barely got it thru the left upright.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Niners will get an extra day of rest. It could help them a little bit. Rams will get the normal time off.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I heard the Rams are going to sell tickets to the NFC championship game geographically so I guess that means only people that reside in the LA area will get a crack at it. I'm all for that but I'm sure there are still a fair amount of niner fans that live in LA. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as last game.

If they sell geographically I hope they fill SoFi. How many games have they sold out this season?

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

If they sell geographically I hope they fill SoFi. How many games have they sold out this season?

I'm not sure. The place was rocking against the Cardinals last week.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject:

16 teams in the NFC and the NFC west has two teams in the Championship game.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

I'm not sure. The place was rocking against the Cardinals last week.

Because cardinals is not one of those marquee teams they travels well. 49ers on the other hand is. There gonna be a ton of ram fans willing to sell their tickets to 49er fans for a quick $$$
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Rams open as 3.5-point favorites.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

Thanks.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Thanks.

They will beat the Niners this time.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject:

You can't completely keep Niners fans out of SoFi (many Niners fans just flat out live in LA), but I just hope there are more Rams fans there than last time. Kroenke should just offer to match what SF fans are offering to Rams fans for their tickets, and just donate / give them away to hardcore Rams fans, LA college kids, etc.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Wow, desperate move, but necessary...I like it. Like I said above, though, many Niners fans live in LA. Apparently, Seattle did something similar (also vs Niners) in 2013.

Quote:
Ticketmaster, the NFL’s ticketing site, posted that “public sales to the (NFC Championship) game at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA will be RESTRICTED to residents of the Greater Los Angeles region. Residency will be based on credit card billing address at checkout.”
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Wow, desperate move, but necessary...I like it. Like I said above, though, many Niners fans live in LA. Apparently, Seattle did something similar (also vs Niners) in 2013.

Quote:
Ticketmaster, the NFL’s ticketing site, posted that “public sales to the (NFC Championship) game at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA will be RESTRICTED to residents of the Greater Los Angeles region. Residency will be based on credit card billing address at checkout.”

Stan didn't pay all those billions just to watch the 49ers fans take over in an NFC championship game.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Quote:

Stan didn't pay all those billions just to watch the 49ers fans take over in an NFC championship game.

The unfortunate thing is that I think it really opens up the third party market. What's to stop a group of wealthy people from buying a ton of tickets, and then marking it up 50% (or more) to SF residents/fans.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
32 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Thanks.

They will beat the Niners this time.

I am not about to let you do this.

You guys are going to beat us....yet again.

Kiss my Converse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 229, 230, 231  Next
Page 112 of 231
Jump to: