Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Got Pfizer #2 yesterday at 9 AM. Felt fine, and then sides started to hit about 5-6 hours later. Mainly fatigue/tiredness/heaviness - Slept a ton last night. Was actually too tired to watch the Lakers/Dodgers games yest (prob a good thing). Overall, I'm feeling much better today.

I got Pfizer 1 & 2. The only thing I felt was a slight ache at the injection point. I think one's immune system has a lot to do with how it reacts to the vaccination. Have you been ill lately? I mean even something like a headache or cold, slight illness of any kind.?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject:

Going to get my 2nd Moderna shot later today. I hope I don't feel too bad afterwards, I have an interview for a promotion on Monday.

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Got my 2nd Pfizer shot on Saturday around 11:45 AM. Around 11 - 11:30 PM, I got some of the worst chills I've ever experienced in my life -- I'm talking full body uncontrollably shivering. One of the weirdest things I've ever experienced.

Managed to fall asleep around 12:15, but woke up probably 7 or 8 times during the night. Ended up waking up for good around 7:30 or 8 AM on Sunday, and my body just felt very heavy and just generally sore (luckily the chills were mostly gone, or at least were much more mild). By around noon I was feeling much better, probably around 80 - 85% of normal. Stayed around there for the rest of the day Sunday. Woke up this morning at 100%.

From who I've talked to, it seems like the 2nd shot is hitting younger people worse than it is older people. I'm 26, and most of my friends my age who have had it also had bad symptoms from the 2nd shot. But my mom who's 64 was completely fine, as were most of my parent's friends around that age. Not sure if it has something to do with stronger immune response from younger people with stronger immune systems or what, but just found that weird.

Anyways, that was my experience in case anyone who's gearing up for their 2nd shot is interested

Pretty similar experience with my second Pfizer dose. I only had fatigue after the first.

Ugh, that doesn’t sound like fun. I had very minor chills and a mild sore arm after the first, which was no big deal but more than I expected.

Still beats getting Covid though and it’s not even close.

Had my 2nd shot 14 hours ago and felt a lot of fatigue around 2-4 hours ago, but I didn’t mind as I haven’t been sleeping much recently so I felt I needed the sleep. Feel less tired now and I’m hoping that’s it.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

COVID-19 has caused 6.9 million deaths globally, more than double what official reports show

Quote:
Excess mortality is influenced by six drivers of all-cause mortality that relate to the pandemic and the social distancing mandates that came with the pandemic. These six drivers are: a) the total COVID-19 death rate, that is, all deaths directly related to COVID-19 infection; b) the increase in mortality due to needed health care being delayed or deferred during the pandemic; c) the increase in mortality due to increases in mental health disorders including depression, increased alcohol use, and increased opioid use; d) the reduction in mortality due to decreases in injuries because of general reductions in mobility associated with social distancing mandates; e) the reductions in mortality due to reduced transmission of other viruses, most notably influenza, respiratory syncytial virus, and measles; and f) the reductions in mortality due to some chronic conditions, such as cardiovascular disease and chronic respiratory disease, that occur when frail individuals who would have died from these conditions died earlier from COVID-19 instead. To correctly estimate the total COVID-19 mortality, we need to take into account all six of these drivers of change in mortality that have happened since the onset of the pandemic.

Total .....Reported   Country 

905,289  574,043  United States of America 
654,395  221,181  India 
617,127  217,694  Mexico 
595,903  408,680  Brazil 
593,610  109,334  Russian Federation 
209,661  150,519  United Kingdom 
175,832  121,257  Italy 
174,177  072,906  Iran
170,041  013,529  Egypt 
160,452  054,390  South Africa 
149,855  068,237  Poland 
147,765  062,739  Peru 
138,507  046,737  Ukraine 
132,680  105,506  France 
123,786  085,365  Spain 
120,729  083,256  Germany 
115,743  045,938  Indonesia 
108,320  010,390  Japan 
087,649  028,382  Romania 
081,696  005,620  Kazakhstan 
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Washington Post @washingtonpost
22m
FDA authorizes Pfizer coronavirus vaccine for adolescents 12 to 15 years old

Biden admin says available immediately. If you have a kid in this age range you can take them for the vaccine today to a site near you, if you like.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Quote:
The Washington Post @washingtonpost
22m
FDA authorizes Pfizer coronavirus vaccine for adolescents 12 to 15 years old

Biden admin says available immediately. If you have a kid in this age range you can take them for the vaccine today to a site near you, if you like.

Good to hear. I wish we'd return to the days of old when, if you wanted your child to go to school some vaccinations were mandatory. I got them all, Measles, Polio, Whooping Cough, Small Pox, Chicken Pox, Mumps, and some I've probably forgotten, free of charge. I still have the smallpox scar. I remember that being the only vaccination that hurt. You were pricked 15 times in a small dime-sized area.

These are diseases that use to be a threat. Vaccinations have controlled or eradicated most of them.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon May 10, 2021 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

I've had both shots of the Pfizer vaccine.

The first shot only resulted in mild soreness in the shoulder. After shot #2 my shoulder was moderately sore, and the day after the shot my armpit on the injection side was a bit swollen (lymph nodes I guess). Other than that, I can't really pinpoint any symptoms as definitively caused by the vaccine. (mid 30s, athletic specimen , hydrated very well going into second shot)
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

So what month from 2020 is this month most similar to so far? The US is averaging 30,000 cases per day, but that's with widespread testing availability. 30,000 was the same as June 2020, but there were fewer people getting tested.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:58 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
So what month from 2020 is this month most similar to so far? The US is averaging 30,000 cases per day, but that's with widespread testing availability. 30,000 was the same as June 2020, but there were fewer people getting tested.

You have a valid point, a better comparison may be the positivity rate, but that too has many questions e.g. was the positivity rate artificially boosted earlier because only symptomatic people were being tested. Clearly testing hasn't been random which is what's needed to make a valid comparison
John's Hopkins Daily State-by-State Testing Trends
The positivity rate is the lowest since measurement started and is trending sharply lower right now.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

You have a valid point, a better comparison may be the positivity rate, but that too has many questions e.g. was the positivity rate artificially boosted earlier because only symptomatic people were being tested. Clearly testing hasn't been random which is what's needed to make a valid comparison
The positivity rate is the lowest since measurement started and is trending sharply lower right now.

Which do you think was worse, March 2020 or now?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

It's a mixed bag. In many states it's now much better than in March 2020 e.g. New York. Meanwhile in some states it's worse e.g. Georgia, Florida, they hardly had any cases back then but now the virus seems to have taken a foothold and will take much more time to stamp out (hopefully).
Overall I'd say March 2020 was better because while the overall US incidence rates were comparable at least they were confined to fewer areas.

Last edited by ThePageDude on Tue May 11, 2021 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

It's a mixed bag. In many states it's now much better than in March 2020 e.g. New York. Meanwhile in some states it's worse e.g. Georgia, Florida, they hardly had any cases back then but now the virus seems to have taken a foothold and will take much more time to stamp out (hopefully).
Overall I'd say March 2020 was better because while the overall US case rates were comparable, at least they were far more confined to fewer areas.

Both Republican states didn't mandate the wearing of masks and opened to early. Republicans are virus spreaders.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Overall I'd say March 2020 was better because while the overall US incidence rates were comparable at least they were confined to fewer areas.

Oh wow. So even with the pandemic close to "over," it's still worse than when all the stay-at-home orders were first enacted?

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Oh wow. So even with the pandemic close to "over," it's still worse than when all the stay-at-home orders were first enacted?

Infection rates are up again, but serious illness and deaths are far lower. Back in March 2020, spotting an actual elderly person out in the wild was rare. Today the Blue Hairs are again out slowing down self checkout lines and disrupting the free flow of traffic with pretty much the same vigor they did prepandemic.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:56 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

The "close to over" has to do with the trend, and not with the current "snapshot" of the number/spread of cases. At that time it was trending worse (thus giving impetus for lockdowns), while at this time it's trending towards much better.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. So far the only side effect I've had is soreness in and around the injection site. Hopefully that means I'm building robust immunity to SARS-CoV-2.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Hannah Davis Shark @ahandvanish

New study: COVID virus particles found in the penis tissue of men who'd had COVID 6-8 months earlier (both severe & mild COVID).

Additionally, the team found endothelial (blood vessel) dysfunction, causing severe erectile dysfunction.

https://wjmh.org/DOIx.php?id=10.5534/wjmh.210055

In another study, total sperm count was lower in COVID patients at a 3 month followup:

https://wjmh.org/pdf/10.5534/wjmh.200192

Our last preprint found 15% of men reported sexual dysfunction, and others reported pain and decrease in genital size. #LongCOVID

https://twitter.com/ahandvanish/status/1343293649778585603

Oh well maybe this will convince Republican men to get vaccinated.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Ohio is starting a Vaccine Lotto Jackpot to encourage people to get vaccinated. Anyone over 18 who gets vaccinated is eligible for a $1 Million dollar weekly prize.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

President Biden announced if you've been vaccinated you no longer need to wear a mask. He explained that meaning if you've been fully vaccinated. I only caught the tail end of his speech.

I've been fully vaccinated but will continue to wear a mask in public. There are too many people who haven't been vaccinated out there. I'm rowing the better safe than sorry canoe.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri May 14, 2021 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Yes the CDC released new guidance that fully vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a mask at most places indoors and out. When mask mandates are lifted in my county I’ll be going maskless at the store, restaurants, etc. I feel confident in this vaccine and I’m ready to reap the benefits of doing my part. It’s definitely going to feel weird walking into the grocery store with out a mask that first time.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Yes the CDC released new guidance that fully vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a mask at most places indoors and out. When mask mandates are lifted in my county I’ll be going maskless at the store, restaurants, etc. I feel confident in this vaccine and I’m ready to reap the benefits of doing my part. It’s definitely going to feel weird walking into the grocery store with out a mask that first time.

So a maskless4th of July is seeming more realistic? Guess now would be a good time to buy some Wrigley's and Listerine stock.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm still going to mask in public spaces densely packed with people. I want to see if things spike after Memorial Day weekend and July 4th weekend. If no spikes and no proliferation of variants, then I'll feel more comfortable. I don't mind wearing a mask until then.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Tbh I actually don’t mind a mask. I will probably be one of the last hold outs
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Tbh I actually don’t mind a mask. I will probably be one of the last hold outs

No, you won't. You'll have company. I'll be masking for a while. IMO it's to soon to go maskless.

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm keeping mine on. I don't want to be mistaken for a republican.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 243 of 318
Jump to: