Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 300, 301, 302 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure anti-vaxxers have alternative facts & figures.

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Even though he was reportedly vaccinated, Stephen A Smith got a serious breakthrough case of COVID and he admitted that he didn't know if he "was going to make it."

He also said that doctors told him he would've died had he not been vaccinated.

Quote:
"[Doctors] told me, had I not been vaccinated, I wouldn't be here. That's how bad I was," he said. "I had pneumonia in both lungs. My liver was bad, and it ravaged me to the point where even now I have to monitor my volume, get to the gym every day ... I'm still not 100% with my lungs, but I'm Covid negative ... I'm on the road to recovery."

Smith added that he had a 103 degree fever every night, "woke up with chills and a pool of sweat and was coughing profusely."

Quote:
"I think the one thing to emphasize the importance of, no matter how you feel about the vaccine, that mask is important," Smith said, "because you don't know how the next person is affected. How I'm affected is different from how you were affected."

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-19-almost-took-says-165454128.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/18/media/stephen-a-smith-covid-espn/index.html
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Pfizer and Moderna booster shots were extremely effective in preventing those infected with Omicron from being hospitalized, new CDC data shows.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1484558300133965832?t=Es4W0J-rFW_yF1Vt0Q-lOw&s=19
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
I'm sure anti-vaxxers have alternative facts & figures.

They sure do. They have some numbers out of Denmark and Ontario which they believe show the vaccine makes you more likely to be hospitalized or die than an unvaccinated person.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject:

i didn't know john stockton is MAGA
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

people have to stop associating anti- vax with trump. Every year (normal years) parents in highly blue areas of California refused to get the chickenpox vaccine for their kids. They fought hard, but now for lausd its required . People not wanting to get vaccinated IMHO is a personal choice. Doesn't meant they are maga, it means they want to control what's in their body and I know nobody disagrees with that.

Plus it's not about alt-facts, its about personal rights. Now those same people cant complain with private business mandates.

this whole you're maga if you don't do everything the left wants is silly and tired.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

people have to stop associating anti- vax with trump. Every year (normal years) parents in highly blue areas of California refused to get the chickenpox vaccine for their kids. They fought hard, but now for lausd its required . People not wanting to get vaccinated IMHO is a personal choice. Doesn't meant they are maga, it means they want to control what's in their body and I know nobody disagrees with that.

Plus it's not about alt-facts, its about personal rights. Now those same people cant complain with private business mandates.

this whole you're maga if you don't do everything the left wants is silly and tired.

The vaccine isn't about "doing everything the left wants". It's about saving our fellow humans from a spiralling pandemic. Sure, there are idiots on both sides of the political spectrum. But pretending that the current anti-vax movement isn't about politics is the epitome of intellectual dishonesty.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

The vaccine isn't about "doing everything the left wants". It's about saving our fellow humans from a spiralling pandemic. Sure, there are idiots on both sides of the political spectrum. But pretending that the current anti-vax movement isn't about politics is the epitome of intellectual dishonesty.

I know and I have to believe there are plenty of dems who have a non vaxx mindset as well which wouldn’t make them maga.

Obviously there are those making a political stance but not all.

Why is it so hard to believe people don’t want vaccines simply because they don’t want it in their body. That’s valid. Right.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Fwiw, Stockton is very very far right
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

I know and I have to believe there are plenty of dems who have a non vaxx mindset as well which wouldn’t make them maga.

Why is it so hard to believe people don’t want vaccines simply because they don’t want it in their body. That’s valid. Right.

It’s not really valid because it is based on poor understanding and risk analysis.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

No. It's not valid. Unless there is a profound, personal medical threat to not get the vaccine, there is no acceptable reason to not get it. That's the same with every other vaccine that has protected society since medicine discovered the ability to prevent deaths from viruses.

Now, if you want to go down the path that people should have the right to refuse a vaccine, sure, have at it. But those people forgo their right to intermingle with decent people who aren't so selfish.

Bottomline, don't want the vax? Don't get it.

But if you don't, you don't get to be around the rest of us who actually care about people other than ourselves.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

If you're not on the left side of the political spectrum, you're probably a MAGA by default. Trump is still dominating the right. And it was Trump who set the issue up as left vs right to begin with. Principally him, anyway. His minions then took the, uh...torches from there. Only thing different now is that the MAGAs are no longer floating the virus as an outright hoax. They moved to it's real, but take horse dewormer. Now it seems DT is seeing his own voters die off and is recommending the vax. MAGA is responsible for much of the division that exists on the issue and it's been that way from the very start. There were more MAGAs out there than people who were never going to take a vaccine for anything w/o that stance having a preexisting political bent. Trump made a whole bunch of other people who were more anti-Dem than anti-vax portray themselves as freedumb loving anti-vaxxers. I do give you that pure anti-vaxxers are schizos in general, but I doubt you'd like to know the actual percentage breakdown between antivaxxers with liberal vs conservative worldviews. Just a hunch. I supremely doubt most of these people refused to let their babies get MMR vaccine. Seems convenient that there are so many avowed anti-vaxxers on the right when real ones were a group of fringe nuts for so long.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Fwiw, Stockton is very very far right

Best pure point, my ass.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Halflife wrote:

If you're not on the left side of the political spectrum, you're probably a MAGA by default.

this is false. mainstream sure, but we are seeing splinter groups against trump. I vote blue, hate trump but I also think gavin is a horrid gov of California. i have never voted GOP but if a moderate ran in cali, not associated with trump I would probably vote for them.

Living in California trumptards arent really part of my life other than seeing the latest lawsuit against him. Sure there are some but they arent full blown with the flags waving and they primarily like trump because they are in the financial sector.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

CBS: Hospital refusing heart transplant for man who won't get vaccinated

Quote:
A Boston hospital says it won't consider performing a heart transplant on a patient who refuses to get vaccinated against COVID-19, CBS Boston reports.

DJ Ferguson, 31, is fighting for his life at Brigham and Women's Hospital and in desperate need of a heart transplant.

Quote:
DJ's family says he was at the front of the line to receive a transplant but hospital policy stipulates that he's no longer eligible because he hasn't received the vaccination. And David Ferguson says his son simply won't.

"It's kind of against his basic principles — he doesn't believe in it," David Ferguson says. "It's a policy they are enforcing and so, because he won't get the shot, they took him off the list (for) a heart transplant."

Brigham and Women's released a statement saying, "Like many other transplant programs in the United States — the COVID-19 vaccine is one of several vaccines and lifestyle behaviors required for transplant candidates in the Mass General Brigham system in order to create both the best chance for a successful operation and also the patient's survival after transplantation."

Quote:
"Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off," Caplan said. "The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving."

DJ is a father of two children with a third child on the way. His family says they're not sure what they plan to do. They're thinking about transferring him, but he may be too weak to be moved.

Quote:
Which is why the family is sticking by his side and hoping for the best. "It's his body. It's his choice," Ferguson added.

So much stupidity, selfishness, stubbornness and self-inflicted pain. For NOTHING.

He doesn't believe in vaccines but he believes in transplants?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
A Boston hospital says it won't consider performing a heart transplant on a patient who refuses to get vaccinated against COVID-19, CBS Boston reports.

DJ Ferguson, 31, is fighting for his life at Brigham and Women's Hospital and in desperate need of a heart transplant.

Quote:
DJ's family says he was at the front of the line to receive a transplant but hospital policy stipulates that he's no longer eligible because he hasn't received the vaccination. And David Ferguson says his son simply won't.

"It's kind of against his basic principles — he doesn't believe in it," David Ferguson says. "It's a policy they are enforcing and so, because he won't get the shot, they took him off the list (for) a heart transplant."

Brigham and Women's released a statement saying, "Like many other transplant programs in the United States — the COVID-19 vaccine is one of several vaccines and lifestyle behaviors required for transplant candidates in the Mass General Brigham system in order to create both the best chance for a successful operation and also the patient's survival after transplantation."

Quote:
"Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off," Caplan said. "The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving."

DJ is a father of two children with a third child on the way. His family says they're not sure what they plan to do. They're thinking about transferring him, but he may be too weak to be moved.

Quote:
Which is why the family is sticking by his side and hoping for the best. "It's his body. It's his choice," Ferguson added.

So much stupidity, selfishness, stubbornness and self-inflicted pain. For NOTHING.

When you think of the myriad of drugs they are going to pump into him before, during, and after a transplant, there’s simply no rational, good-faith argument why he’d draw the line at the vaccine. It just shows how willfully stupid people are.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When you think of the myriad of drugs they are going to pump into him before, during, and after a transplant, there’s simply no rational, good-faith argument why he’d draw the line at the vaccine. It just shows how willfully stupid people are.
I typed a whole two paragraphs agreeing with this, but you nailed it. Plus this "the COVID-19 vaccine is one of several vaccines and lifestyle behaviors required for transplant candidates"
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:47 am    Post subject:

This is news within news:

Florida’s Monoclonal Antibody Sites Closed Until Further Notice (because they don't work against Omicron)

Quote:
Florida is shutting down monoclonal antibody treatment sites.

The Food and Drug Administration withdrew emergency use authorization for Eli Lilly and Regeneron monoclonal antibody treatment because they don’t work against the Omicron variant that now accounts for nearly all U.S. infections

If the drugs prove effective against future variants, the FDA said it could reauthorize their use.

The regulatory move was expected because both drugmakers had said the infusion drugs are less able to target omicron due to its mutations. Still, the federal action could trigger pushback from some Republican governors who have continued promoting the drugs against the advice of health experts.

Omicron’s resistance to the two leading monoclonal antibody medicines has upended the treatment playbook for COVID-19 in recent weeks.

Doctors have alternate therapies to battle early COVID-19 cases, including two new antiviral pills from Pfizer and Merck, but both are in short supply. An antibody drug from GlaxoSmithKline that remains effective also is in short supply.

I guess it's back to Ivermectin and bleach for the no-nothing crowd.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject:

. . . more like the know-nothing crowd . . .

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Trooper Robert Lamay, who resigned in protest over the vaccine mandate, just died of covid. His last sign off as a Trooper: (Governor) “Jay Inslee can kiss my ass.”

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1487247488780316672
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Trooper Robert Lamay, who resigned in protest over the vaccine mandate, just died of covid. His last sign off as a Trooper: (Governor) “Jay Inslee can kiss my ass.”

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1487247488780316672

Winner: Darwin Award.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Spotify lost $4 billion in market value this week after rock icon Neil Young called out the company for allowing comedian Joe Rogan to use its service to spread misinformation about the COVID vaccine on his popular podcast.

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1487271695203270657?t=UiuQR1h0Te0pCYMgXeCgVg&s=19
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject:

Repukelicans are bent on keeping the virus around. They don't play by the rules.

Sarah Palin dines out again in NYC days after positive virus test

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject:

Palin might be (secretly) vaccinated. She's a liar and hypocrite.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Palin might be (secretly) vaccinated. She's a liar and hypocrite.

I agree.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 300, 301, 302 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 301 of 318
Jump to: