Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Place Your Order for Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests

https://special.usps.com/testkits

I just placed mine.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
32 wrote:

I just placed mine.

Me too!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Done, thanks!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject:

I caught CoVid over the holidays. Wasn't cool to spend the holidays alone.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject:

I was watching a documentary on Sports Supplements and they mentioned Bill Phillips who was the CEO of EAS and Muscle Media 2000 in the 90's/00's if you recall those brands. I had not heard his name in a long time, so I googled him and there were recent stories about how COVID about destroyed him with post COVID images. This is a guy that was always fairly muscular with a beach body. He was unvaccinated.

Image of Phillips after COVID
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I was watching a documentary on Sports Supplements and they mentioned Bill Phillips who was the CEO of EAS and Muscle Media 2000 in the 90's/00's if you recall those brands. I had not heard his name in a long time, so I googled him and there were recent stories about how COVID about destroyed him with post COVID images. This is a guy that was always fairly muscular with a beach body. He was unvaccinated.

The irony of a guy who pumped supplements for the purpose of altering one's body then refusing a vaccine meant to save on from a deadly virus is staggering.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Just tested positive.

The Fed Ex person that delivers/drops off at my work every day was sick with "a cold" a few weeks back. She was super casual and lax about her mask usage, would stop and chat with us, use our restroom, etc. I had close contact with her, handing her envelopes and boxes as needed. She was out all week, 2 weeks ago.

She comes back last week and lets us know she was sick with Covid AND she's not vaxxed. I fckn flipped. My HR dept is giving me 10 days off paid. But that's beside the point. This idiot had NO regard for others.

Luckily my symptoms are mild... But isolating at home sucks big time.

I can't see my kids or parents and I feel like a freaking hermit
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Just tested positive.

The Fed Ex person that delivers/drops off at my work every day was sick with "a cold" a few weeks back. She was super casual and lax about her mask usage, would stop and chat with us, use our restroom, etc. I had close contact with her, handing her envelopes and boxes as needed. She was out all week, 2 weeks ago.

She comes back last week and lets us know she was sick with Covid AND she's not vaxxed. I fckn flipped. My HR dept is giving me 10 days off paid. But that's beside the point. This idiot had NO regard for others.

That sucks. Glad your symptoms are mild. It's gotta feel very frustrating to be trying to do the right things and then get screwed over by someone else's careless and selfish behavior. Has your company mentioned this delivery person to FedEx?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:55 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Just tested positive.

Here's hoping you have mild symptoms and rapid recovery.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Just tested positive.

So sorry you're suffering the fallout from selfish (bleep) idiots like this. Glad your symptoms are only mild.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Just tested positive.

That sucks. Glad your symptoms are mild. It's gotta feel very frustrating to be trying to do the right things and then get screwed over by someone else's careless and selfish behavior. Has your company mentioned this delivery person to FedEx?

Yes, my HR dept is on top of it. They asked me to fill out a series of questions yesterday and I'm sure they will do the right thing. Who knows how many other people she may have infected along her route. From what she had previously told me, she had about 40+ stops throughout the area. My office is in Pasadena.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the well wishes, fam.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject:

Glad to hear you're doing well.

It's surprising to learn an entity as large as Fed Ex, whose employees are in contact with the public on a daily basis, allows unvaccinated workers to deliver packages to the public.

I'm not a fan of Fed Ex. On several occasions, they claim to have tried to deliver packages to me that I'm sure they didn't. I didn't see the notices they usually leave when they're unable to deliver. I did get email notifications. I had to go to their Inglewood facility to pick up the packages.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Glad to hear you're doing well.

It's surprising to learn an entity as large as Fed Ex, whose employees are in contact with the public on a daily basis, allows unvaccinated workers to deliver packages to the public.

I'm not a fan of Fed Ex. On several occasions, they claim to have tried to deliver packages to me that I'm sure they didn't. I didn't see the notices they usually leave when they're unable to deliver. I did get email notifications. I had to go to their Inglewood facility to pick up the packages.

Get well Platnum.

Fed EX > USPS at least for home deliveries. Twice USPS packages have been closed-out as delivered in a "parcel locker." There aren't any in the neighborhood.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
I caught CoVid over the holidays. Wasn't cool to spend the holidays alone.

Sorry to hear, especially having it hit then.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Just tested positive.

Uggh. Hopefully things stay mild.

We went back to remote working before the holidays as the numbers were on the rise.

Still remote because positivity rates are at 25% ... and I don't trust people to be as careful as that requires. Thankfully, we can work remote.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what the quantitative data is.

But Joe Rogan has tangibly made this pandemic worse than it had to be.
Especially in America.

I can can give you anecdotal evidence from my personal circle. But instead I'll just say he's the #1 podcast globally and the US on Spotify and on other charts.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Especially in America.

I can can give you anecdotal evidence from my personal circle. But instead I'll just say he's the #1 podcast globally and the US on Spotify and on other charts.

I've become a semi-regular watcher of The Majority Report, thanks to you.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SamSeder/videos

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:45 am    Post subject:

this week has been great up here in northeast, went from 20-30% for over a month to less than 10% positivity this week and the symptoms have been milder thru out (although severe back pain is recurrent theme). NJ kids are finally back to in person this week (thank god lol). Hope it's the same out there for y'all in Cali
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Just tested positive.

Yes, my HR dept is on top of it. They asked me to fill out a series of questions yesterday and I'm sure they will do the right thing. Who knows how many other people she may have infected along her route. From what she had previously told me, she had about 40+ stops throughout the area. My office is in Pasadena.

TO: PLATINUM
Subject: Your COVID exposure

Hi PLATINUM, we have finished processing your complaint and have switched to UPS. We hope that you will find this satisfactory and that you get well soon!

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Especially in America.

I've become a semi-regular watcher of The Majority Report, thanks to you.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SamSeder/videos

Here's another good channel to check out
Quote:
Unvaccinated Singer Dead of COVID After Intentionally Infecting Herself

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Here's another good channel to check out
Quote:
Unvaccinated Singer Dead of COVID After Intentionally Infecting Herself

Bookmarked: Thanks.

My sister was telling me the story about that anti-vax singer, just this morning.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I remember seeing a docu his company did in the late 90s, a body change contest slash promotional tool for EAS that he held where he was gonna give away his Ferrari. He wasn't an idiot intellectually, I remember him talking about his drive to get straight As in school. Dunno if he was a willful DTer. Considering he was a CEO, I wouldn't be surprised. All kinds of cognitive dissonance is mandatory if that's the case.

Found it. Yikes at Covid.

There was a sobering vignette on HBO Real Sports a year or more ago re: young athletes who became "long haulers" of Covid complications. For some reason, more young women were reported at the time to be LHers, but maybe because women are more proactive at seeking health care. Anyway, one early 20s girl who was some high level athlete was forced into a wheelchair w/ chronic fatigue. She couldn't even stand for too many minutes. I wouldn't have bet the farm on a stupid Covid pass as a 57 yr old NON athlete like that lady in the other link. Then again, people try to run or drive thru closed railway arms. When yer dead, you can't teach your lesson learned to anyone else. She was actually lucky enough that she died within 10 mins of her final attack of the virus. She was spared from withering away to the last nub.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Just tested positive.

So sorry you're suffering the fallout from selfish (bleep) idiots like this. Glad your symptoms are only mild.

We do a lot of Fed Ex at our work and our regular guy is always on top of the mask stuff. The whole thing is a nightmare, but that is inexcusable on the Fed Ex delivery person's part.

I hope your symptoms are not too annoying and that you feel 100% soon.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ryan Struyk @ryanstruyk

Weekly COVID-19 death rate via CDC:

Unvaccinated: 9.7 deaths per 100k
Fully vaccinated: 0.7 deaths per 100k
Boosted: 0.1 deaths per 100k
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 300 of 318
Jump to: