Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 295, 296, 297 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

So far his only symptom is a dry cough, but obviously Christmas Plans are off as far as having him around everyone else and I am very concerned as a parent even though so far his symptoms seem to be mild.

Everyone be safe and smart, why risk it?

I hope he gets better soon, Lanny. Stay safe.

Ditto!

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject:

I got the Moderna booster yesterday. No side effects, just a mildly sore arm. Feeling very grateful.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Just got my booster shot this afternoon (Pfizer) and happy to get it.

I didn't have any reactions to the first two shots and feel fine so far with the booster.

However, my fully vaccinated 22 year old son (college student) just got back from Vegas with his buddies a couple of days ago.

One of the guys on the trip informed the others after they got back that he just tested positive for Covid, thus my son went and immediately got tested and is also positive.

So far his only symptom is a dry cough, but obviously Christmas Plans are off as far as having him around everyone else and I am very concerned as a parent even though so far his symptoms seem to be mild.

Is this the same little King who sat with you at 2008 WCF G1? 22? Damn. Hope he's better quick.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I didn't have any reactions to the first two shots and feel fine so far with the booster.

However, my fully vaccinated 22 year old son (college student) just got back from Vegas with his buddies a couple of days ago.

One of the guys on the trip informed the others after they got back that he just tested positive for Covid, thus my son went and immediately got tested and is also positive.

Is this the same little King who sat with you at 2008 WCF G1? 22? Damn. Hope he's better quick.

Wait what? Lanny’s kid is a Sacramento fan?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Wise words, and all the best to your son.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

LOL, you remembered. Yes, that is him...we loved going to those playoff games together in that era, he brags to his friends about all the times he saw Kobe dominating in the playoffs.

I appreciate all the warm wishes everyone, we will all get through this thing at some point. Much love to you and your families, Happy Holidays!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

A good sign people are beginning to take the virus seriously. The news is reporting how overwhelmed test sites are. They're showing very long lines. We're gonna beat this thing. Anti vaxers will cause some delay but in time we're gonna beat it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
amna @IAmAmnaNawaz

Unvaccinated infection #s: 5x higher than fully vaccinated.

Unvaccinated deaths: 13x higher than fully vaccinated.

Via @nytimes

link to chart
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Victor Ruiz -The Voice Of Rican- @portarican_RT

Combat Medic for 8 years, and got a combat badge for treating patients while under fire. EMT 4 years, and Respiratory Therapist for 5 years. In ALL that time, never felt dread going to work until now. The unvaccinated overwhelmingly dying and people keep lying #GetVaccinatedNow

Salute to all the medical professionals who've been traumatized by so many unnecessary deaths and keep going to work and being professional anyway, including governator.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Victor Ruiz -The Voice Of Rican- @portarican_RT

Combat Medic for 8 years, and got a combat badge for treating patients while under fire. EMT 4 years, and Respiratory Therapist for 5 years. In ALL that time, never felt dread going to work until now. The unvaccinated overwhelmingly dying and people keep lying #GetVaccinatedNow

Salute to all the medical professionals who've been traumatized by so many unnecessary deaths and keep going to work and being professional anyway, including governator.

I'm honestly the lucky ones that work outpatient but thank you, stay safe and happy holidays
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
amna @IAmAmnaNawaz

Unvaccinated infection #s: 5x higher than fully vaccinated.

Unvaccinated deaths: 13x higher than fully vaccinated.

Via @nytimes

link to chart

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
C M B wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

LOL, you remembered. Yes, that is him...we loved going to those playoff games together in that era, he brags to his friends about all the times he saw Kobe dominating in the playoffs.

I appreciate all the warm wishes everyone, we will all get through this thing at some point. Much love to you and your families, Happy Holidays!

I think about that little guy all the time and how you said he's going to carry the Lakers banner after you die. That was a good day. Merry Christmas, carnal.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

https://imgur.com/BjgCoKQ

Not exactly what I want to hear at this point.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:

Hes vaxxed.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Got my Moderna booster yesterday. Today I have some minor arm soreness and a slight feverish/fatigued feeling, but both side effects are much less than after the second dose.

Not sure if it's normal to have milder side effects from the booster than from the second dose.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Hes vaxxed.

Vaxxed or not, spreading that kind of BS is ignorant and dangerous.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:

I want this dumb (bleep) off my team so I can start enjoying it again.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Got my Moderna booster yesterday. Today I have some minor arm soreness and a slight feverish/fatigued feeling, but both side effects are much less than after the second dose.

Not sure if it's normal to have milder side effects from the booster than from the second dose.

Yes, it's normal.

Quote:
If you’re thinking about getting a Covid booster shot, you’re probably wondering about its side effects.

Don’t worry: Compared with your last dose, your booster shot should be a much smoother experience, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“People had fewer reactions after their third dose than after their second dose,” CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said in a White House briefing Tuesday. Last week, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and CDC gave all adults the green light to get a booster shot six months after their second dose of an mRNA vaccine, or two months after getting Johnson & Johnson’s one-shot vaccine.

If you felt side effects from your last vaccine dose, you’ll likely feel similar ones after your booster — but in less severe ways. The CDC describes typical Covid booster side effects as “mild to moderate,” compared to the “intense” ones that often follow a second dose.

That’s largely because your first and second doses have already established a virus-fighting blueprint for your immune system. A booster essentially gives your body more practice at mounting a defense against Covid.

Moderna and J&J’s boosters are just smaller doses of their original formulations, which could also lessen your side effects. Pfizer’s booster is the same dosage as its first two shots.

link
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Yes, it's normal.

Quote:
If you’re thinking about getting a Covid booster shot, you’re probably wondering about its side effects.

Don’t worry: Compared with your last dose, your booster shot should be a much smoother experience, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“People had fewer reactions after their third dose than after their second dose,” CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said in a White House briefing Tuesday. Last week, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and CDC gave all adults the green light to get a booster shot six months after their second dose of an mRNA vaccine, or two months after getting Johnson & Johnson’s one-shot vaccine.

If you felt side effects from your last vaccine dose, you’ll likely feel similar ones after your booster — but in less severe ways. The CDC describes typical Covid booster side effects as “mild to moderate,” compared to the “intense” ones that often follow a second dose.

That’s largely because your first and second doses have already established a virus-fighting blueprint for your immune system. A booster essentially gives your body more practice at mounting a defense against Covid.

Moderna and J&J’s boosters are just smaller doses of their original formulations, which could also lessen your side effects. Pfizer’s booster is the same dosage as its first two shots.

link

Thanks CL.

I'm grateful to be triple vaxxed and greatly protected.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I don’t care what the rationalization is behind treating anti-vaxxers suffering the effects of COVID ahead of patients who are dying if other diseases is, but it’s absolute (bleep).

Iowa man dies of sepsis while waiting for hospital bed
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I don’t care what the rationalization is behind treating anti-vaxxers suffering the effects of COVID ahead of patients who are dying if other diseases is, but it’s absolute (bleep).

Iowa man dies of sepsis while waiting for hospital bed

There are so many stories of things like this happening ... unvaccinated people taking up beds for months while people die in hallways or can't get treatment. Honestly, we need to set up triage areas outside of hospitals for unvaccinated and that's where they get their minimal treatment. Leave the hospitals to the people who took this pandemic seriously.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Anti-vaxxer lives should be worth less than those who get vaccinated, assuming both types are in serious need of medical attention at the same time.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Any doctors or experts here? The new CDC updates are confusing regarding isolating and quarantine.

My 19 year old daughter and wife got it last Wednesday and had positive covid tests. Thankfully we are all triple vaccinated so it was basically a cold.

My two sons and I have been good while my wife and daughter have been isolated in separate rooms in our house. Lysol and N95 are our friends.

My question is, my daughter is still positive but feels fine…tomorrow will be 10 days, though we are all wearing masks, are they even still contagious?

This has been the worst holiday season ever!! Thankfully we managed to have an ok Christmas but this covid crap sucks. Thankfully we are all vaccinated so they didn’t really get sick.
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Any doctors or experts here? The new CDC updates are confusing regarding isolating and quarantine.

My 19 year old daughter and wife got it last Wednesday and had positive covid tests. Thankfully we are all triple vaccinated so it was basically a cold.

My two sons and I have been good while my wife and daughter have been isolated in separate rooms in our house. Lysol and N95 are our friends.

My question is, my daughter is still positive but feels fine…tomorrow will be 10 days, though we are all wearing masks, are they even still contagious?

This has been the worst holiday season ever!! Thankfully we managed to have an ok Christmas but this covid crap sucks. Thankfully we are all vaccinated so they didn’t really get sick.

I believe the new rules are they only needed to be isolated for five days, and then wear a mask when in public for five days after that. So still ten days, but last five are no longer requiring isolation, just mask wearing. Glad no serious cases in your family.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Hes vaxxed.

Vaxxed or not, spreading that kind of BS is ignorant and dangerous.

Agreed.
Even the relatively less deadly variant (Omicron) is still killing people daily at a rate that would make it 8-9 times more deadly than the flu.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 295, 296, 297 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 296 of 318
Jump to: