Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 800,000)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 291, 292, 293 ... 297, 298, 299  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 6699
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
If Omicron symptoms are as mild as are being reported, and it can out-compete Delta, it might be a very good thing. I'm definitely watching this closely.

If this coronavirus mutates into a form that's no worse than the flu, then maybe the pandemic will be close to ending. The only problem would then be how contagious it is.

There are scientists out there who think that eventually this coronavirus will mutate into a weaker form that will just be a cold/flu virus, like the 4 endemic ones that only cause colds/mild upper respiratory infections.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 89177
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Vaxed
Boosted
Flu shotted
And I still just got sick as a dog.



It’s an experimental vaccine that starts losing its stream after a few months. Got vaxxed in April and did an antibody test and they’re all gone. I’m healthy and have a healthy BMI. Not getting any more shots although I would recommend it for seniors, the obese or anyone that has existing conditions.

Completely irresponsible for our government to recommend vaccines for children. Everyone is going to get COVID, so you haven’t gotten it yet you better start preparing for it.


Thanks for today’s edition of “I have no idea what I’m talking about, so that makes me an expert”.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 35636

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Come on, you know damn well those people wouldn't get vaccinated even if it got full FDA approval. And I think all those people getting infected and overwhelming the medical system counts as an emergency use.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Apr 2001
Posts: 442

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-natural-immunity-what-you-need-to-know?amp=true

And your source for the strength of natural immunity is an opinion piece by a person who cites another opinion piece (that he wrote!) as evidence.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/scicheck-instagram-post-missing-context-about-israeli-study-on-covid-19-natural-immunity/

And here is more debunking of the long quote you posted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 22259
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:

I would HIGHLY recommend everyone get their vaccine information from sources other then CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, i.e mainstream news. These guy are all sponsered by pharmaceutical companies. Want proof?



Attention: george w kush

Stop posting vaccine misinformation. The fact that *you believe* unreliable sources and have jumped to conclusions doesn't make your "opinions" any more valid. Almost every item you posted has already been debunked in this thread. If you continue to parachute into the thread with this nonsense I can either delete your posts in their entirety or suspend you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 11092

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
george w kush wrote:

I would HIGHLY recommend everyone get their vaccine information from sources other then CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, i.e mainstream news. These guy are all sponsered by pharmaceutical companies. Want proof?



Attention: george w kush

Stop posting vaccine misinformation. The fact that *you believe* unreliable sources and have jumped to conclusions doesn't make your "opinions" any more valid. Almost every item you posted has already been debunked in this thread. If you continue to parachute into the thread with this nonsense I can either delete your posts in their entirety or suspend you.


No, screw that. This is not a place where you can spew misinformation, when public health and lives are at stake. Posts deleted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 22259
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
george w kush wrote:

I would HIGHLY recommend everyone get their vaccine information from sources other then CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, i.e mainstream news. These guy are all sponsered by pharmaceutical companies. Want proof?



Attention: george w kush

Stop posting vaccine misinformation. The fact that *you believe* unreliable sources and have jumped to conclusions doesn't make your "opinions" any more valid. Almost every item you posted has already been debunked in this thread. If you continue to parachute into the thread with this nonsense I can either delete your posts in their entirety or suspend you.


No, screw that. This is not a place where you can spew misinformation, when public health and lives are at stake. Posts deleted.


Thanks, LC. Completely agree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 3496
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: Mythbusters

FACT: Clinical trials confirm that hydroxychloroquine does not prevent illness or death from COVID-19.

Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, a common treatment for malaria and certain autoimmune diseases, has been studied as a preventative treatment for COVID-19. Evidence from these studies shows that hydroxychloroquine has little to no impact on illness, hospitalization, or death.

FACT: Vitamin and mineral supplements cannot cure COVID-19

Micronutrients, such as vitamins D and C and zinc, are critical for a well-functioning immune system and play a vital role in promoting health and nutritional well-being. There is currently no guidance on the use of micronutrient supplements as a treatment of COVID-19.

FACT: Studies show hydroxychloroquine does not have clinical benefits in treating COVID-19

Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, a treatment for malaria, lupus erythematosus, and rheumatoid arthritis, has been under study as a possible treatment for COVID-19. Current data shows that this drug does not reduce deaths among hospitalised COVID-19 patients, nor help people with moderate disease.* The use of hydoxychloroquine and chloroquine is accepted as generally safe for patients with malaria and autoimmune diseases, but its use where not indicated and without medical supervision can cause serious side effects and should be avoided.

Is dexamethasone a treatment for all COVID-19 patients?

Dexamethasone should be reserved for patients who need it most. It should not be stockpiled.

It provided no improvement for patients with mild symptoms. Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid used for its anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive effects. For some COVID-19 patients on ventilators, a daily 6 mg dose of dexamethasone for 10 days improved their health

Fact: Water or swimming does not transmit the COVID-19 virus

The COVID-19 virus does not transmit through water while swimming. However, the virus spreads between people when someone has close contact with an infected person.

FACT: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is caused by a virus, NOT by bacteria

The virus that causes COVID-19 is in a family of viruses called Coronaviridae. Antibiotics do not work against viruses.

Some people who become ill with COVID-19 can also develop a bacterial infection as a complication. In this case, antibiotics may be recommended by a health care provider.

FACT: Most people who get COVID-19 recover from it

Most people who get COVID-19 have mild or moderate symptoms and can recover thanks to supportive care. If you have a cough, fever and difficulty breathing seek medical care early - call your health facility by telephone first. If you have fever and live in an area with malaria or dengue seek medical care immediately.

FACT: Adding pepper to your soup or other meals DOES NOT prevent or cure COVID-19

Hot peppers in your food, though very tasty, cannot prevent or cure COVID-19. The best way to protect yourself against the new coronavirus is to keep at least 1 metre away from others and to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. It is also beneficial for your general health to maintain a balanced diet, stay well hydrated, exercise regularly and sleep well.

FACT: Spraying and introducing bleach or another disinfectant into your body WILL NOT protect you against COVID-19 and can be dangerous

Do not under any circumstance spray or introduce bleach or any other disinfectant into your body. These substances can be poisonous if ingested and cause irritation and damage to your skin and eyes.

Bleach and disinfectant should be used carefully to disinfect surfaces only. Remember to keep chlorine (bleach) and other disinfectants out of reach of children.

FACT: Drinking methanol, ethanol or bleach DOES NOT prevent or cure COVID-19 and can be extremely dangerous

Methanol, ethanol, and bleach are poisons. Drinking them can lead to disability and death. Methanol, ethanol, and bleach are sometimes used in cleaning products to kill the virus on surfaces – however you should never drink them. They will not kill the virus in your body and they will harm your internal organs.

To protect yourself against COVID-19, disinfect objects and surfaces, especially the ones you touch regularly. You can use diluted bleach or alcohol for that. Make sure you clean your hands frequently and thoroughly and avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.

FACT: 5G mobile networks DO NOT spread COVID-19

Viruses cannot travel on radio waves/mobile networks. COVID-19 is spreading in many countries that do not have 5G mobile networks.

COVID-19 is spread through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs, sneezes or speaks. People can also be infected by touching a contaminated surface and then their eyes, mouth or nose.

FACT: 5G mobile networks DO NOT spread COVID-19

FACT: Exposing yourself to the sun or temperatures higher than 25°C DOES NOT protect you from COVID-19

You can catch COVID-19, no matter how sunny or hot the weather is. Countries with hot weather have reported cases of COVID-19. To protect yourself, make sure you clean your hands frequently and thoroughly and avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.

FACT: Catching COVID-19 DOES NOT mean you will have it for life

Most of the people who catch COVID-19 can recover and eliminate the virus from their bodies. If you catch the disease, make sure you treat your symptoms. If you have cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early – but call your health facility by telephone first. Most patients recover thanks to supportive care.

FACT: Vaccines against pneumonia DO NOT protect against the COVID-19 virus

Vaccines against pneumonia, such as pneumococcal vaccine and Haemophilus influenza type B (Hib) vaccine, do not provide protection against the new coronavirus.

The virus is so new and different that it needs its own vaccine. Researchers are trying to develop a vaccine against COVID-19, and WHO is supporting their efforts.

Although these vaccines are not effective against COVID-19, vaccination against respiratory illnesses is highly recommended to protect your health.

FACT: Rinsing your nose with saline does NOT prevent COVID-19

There is no evidence that regularly rinsing the nose with saline has protected people from infection with the new coronavirus.

There is some limited evidence that regularly rinsing the nose with saline can help people recover more quickly from the common cold. However, regularly rinsing the nose has not been shown to prevent respiratory infections.

FACT: Eating garlic does NOT prevent COVID-19

Garlic is a healthy food that may have some antimicrobial properties. However, there is no evidence from the current outbreak that eating garlic has protected people from the new coronavirus.

FACT: People of all ages can be infected by the COVID-19 virus

Older people and younger people can be infected by the COVID-19 virus. Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes, and heart disease appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.

WHO advises people of all ages to take steps to protect themselves from the virus, for example by following good hand hygiene and good respiratory hygiene.

FACT: Antibiotics CANNOT prevent or treat COVID-19

Antibiotics work only against bacteria, not viruses.

COVID-19 is caused by a virus, and therefore antibiotics should not be used for prevention or treatment.

However, if you are hospitalized for COVID-19, you may receive antibiotics because bacterial co-infection is possible.


World Health Organization
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
george w kush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 999

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
george w kush wrote:

I would HIGHLY recommend everyone get their vaccine information from sources other then CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, i.e mainstream news. These guy are all sponsered by pharmaceutical companies. Want proof?



Attention: george w kush

Stop posting vaccine misinformation. The fact that *you believe* unreliable sources and have jumped to conclusions doesn't make your "opinions" any more valid. Almost every item you posted has already been debunked in this thread. If you continue to parachute into the thread with this nonsense I can either delete your posts in their entirety or suspend you.



Debunked and unreliable sources? If you say so. But I would encourage everyone to DYOR because COVID isn’t going away, much like the flu has never gone away. This dumb virus will be with us for life unless we can get a vaccine that provides long term, strong immunity. Your best bet here is to get healthy as soon as possible in preparation for it if you haven’t had it yet. I’ve already lost 15 pounds.


Last edited by george w kush on Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 22259
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
george w kush wrote:

I would HIGHLY recommend everyone get their vaccine information from sources other then CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, i.e mainstream news. These guy are all sponsered by pharmaceutical companies. Want proof?



Attention: george w kush

Stop posting vaccine misinformation. The fact that *you believe* unreliable sources and have jumped to conclusions doesn't make your "opinions" any more valid. Almost every item you posted has already been debunked in this thread. If you continue to parachute into the thread with this nonsense I can either delete your posts in their entirety or suspend you.



None of it has been debunked and I included plenty of links to back up my sources. But I would encourage everyone to DYOR because COVID is t going away. It will be with us for life unless we can get a vaccine that provides long term, strong immunity. Your best bet here is to get healthy as soon as possible in preparation for it if you haven’t had it yet. I’ve already lost 15 pounds.


Three moderators have weighed in. Are you trying to get suspended? Because you're almost there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 11092

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Debunked and unreliable sources? If you say so. But I would encourage everyone to DYOR because COVID isn’t going away, much like the flu has never gone away. This dumb virus will be with us for life unless we can get a vaccine that provides long term, strong immunity. Your best bet here is to get healthy as soon as possible in preparation for it if you haven’t had it yet. I’ve already lost 15 pounds.


1) You have no freaking clue how to DYOR, and that's the problem.

2) MANY vaccines provide shorter-term immunity. That's in the nature of the specific pathogen and our immune systems. The solution to that is booster shots. MANY vaccines require periodic boosters. So in your opinion, a vaccine that is effective but requires periodic boosters is useless? Pardon me while I hit my head on the table. And please define "strong" immunity, please. Exactly what do you means in terms of titers that qualifies as a "strong" immunity?

3) And you're right -- this thing is now going to be endemic. And the more people who stay unvaccinated increase the odds of the development of new strains. And your "unless we can get a vaccine that provides long term, strong immunity" is laughable. I addressed your "long-term" and "strong" above. But even with that, many people will still refuse to get vaccinated. The reasons are ideology and misinformation, not science. Not facts. Because misinformation will continue to be propagated, and people like you will "DYOR" without having a clue about how to ferret-out fact from BS, will find information that confirms their already-formed beliefs, and dig their heels in further. And then come to message boards to spout more of the same.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is going to be the death of us all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 38877
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

The Dunning-Kruger effect is going to be the death of us all.


Pretty sure it's tried killing my soul on a daily basis the past two years.

Part of my college education was training us on the ability to vet experts. To get experts to speak/debate other experts. To find the leading edge of a discussion. And to vet a quack extensively before you gave voice and platform to their opinion. It probably needs to be part of a standard general ed curriculum now.

By the way, related to Dunning-Kruger, my favorite questions to ask job candidates are ones where I tell people to rate their ability in a specific area that I know is very complicated (as I've studied it for 20+ years). Without fail, the ones who rate their skill higher are the ones who know it less. The ones who rate it lower, know it better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 89177
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Debunked and unreliable sources? If you say so. But I would encourage everyone to DYOR because COVID isn’t going away, much like the flu has never gone away. This dumb virus will be with us for life unless we can get a vaccine that provides long term, strong immunity. Your best bet here is to get healthy as soon as possible in preparation for it if you haven’t had it yet. I’ve already lost 15 pounds.


1) You have no freaking clue how to DYOR, and that's the problem.

2) MANY vaccines provide shorter-term immunity. That's in the nature of the specific pathogen and our immune systems. The solution to that is booster shots. MANY vaccines require periodic boosters. So in your opinion, a vaccine that is effective but requires periodic boosters is useless? Pardon me while I hit my head on the table. And please define "strong" immunity, please. Exactly what do you means in terms of titers that qualifies as a "strong" immunity?

3) And you're right -- this thing is now going to be endemic. And the more people who stay unvaccinated increase the odds of the development of new strains. And your "unless we can get a vaccine that provides long term, strong immunity" is laughable. I addressed your "long-term" and "strong" above. But even with that, many people will still refuse to get vaccinated. The reasons are ideology and misinformation, not science. Not facts. Because misinformation will continue to be propagated, and people like you will "DYOR" without having a clue about how to ferret-out fact from BS, will find information that confirms their already-formed beliefs, and dig their heels in further. And then come to message boards to spout more of the same.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is going to be the death of us all.


Not to mention starting off a long list of “facts” with the “fact” that the vaccines aren’t fully FDA approved when any idiot with google or who has been anywhere outside a cave over the last three months knows they in fact are. Which means that either mr kush is so completely out of touch with just basic stuff that’s been blared across the news (even Fox) that his claim to do your own research is laughably tainted, or he’s decided we are stupid enough to lie to about obvious stuff, and in fact lead with the most obvious and ridiculous lie.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 10198
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
2 months post getting the modernax3 shot. It was the smoothest of the 3. The flu shot I got in the other arm at the same time came with site soreness after an hour and shoulder/neck pain the next day.


Too late to matter but when I got my booster + flu, she did it in the same arm, same time. is this normal/standard? would the better practice have been to alternate arms? just curious
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49465
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
But I would encourage everyone to DYOR


The whole DYOR bull$#!† is one of the reasons the virus has been so problematic. The fact is neither you or any other average person is qualified to "do their own research" because research is not simply a matter of reading articles you google and watching YouTube videos that suit your own personally suitable narrative. Meaningful research involves being trained and knowledgeable in the scientific facts and being able to engage in things like peer review. Research is what the qualified scientists do. Not what internet "sleuths" do to suit their selfish pre-conclusions.

The whole "DYOR" myth is the crutch of the Dunning-Kruger crowd, and you are clearly leaning on that crutch hard.

(edit-Sorry LC, you already touched on DK)
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Posts: 17372
Location: Orlando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:
2 months post getting the modernax3 shot. It was the smoothest of the 3. The flu shot I got in the other arm at the same time came with site soreness after an hour and shoulder/neck pain the next day.


Too late to matter but when I got my booster + flu, she did it in the same arm, same time. is this normal/standard? would the better practice have been to alternate arms? just curious


I also got my booster and flu in the same arm. I figured I’d rather have one sore arm instead of two. Especially since I’m a side sleeper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19121
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:
2 months post getting the modernax3 shot. It was the smoothest of the 3. The flu shot I got in the other arm at the same time came with site soreness after an hour and shoulder/neck pain the next day.


Too late to matter but when I got my booster + flu, she did it in the same arm, same time. is this normal/standard? would the better practice have been to alternate arms? just curious


It's your preference. I got one per arm to isolate reactions.

george w kush trolled kobe fans after the mavs sweep. A decade of charlatanism.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 10198
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:
2 months post getting the modernax3 shot. It was the smoothest of the 3. The flu shot I got in the other arm at the same time came with site soreness after an hour and shoulder/neck pain the next day.


Too late to matter but when I got my booster + flu, she did it in the same arm, same time. is this normal/standard? would the better practice have been to alternate arms? just curious


It's your preference. I got one per arm to isolate reactions.

george w kush trolled kobe fans after the mavs sweep. A decade of charlatanism.


Thanks.

@trmiv: Same reasoning here. #sidesleepergang
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 35636

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Don't be so hard on the guy, guys like Kyrie are still doing their research on the subject which is why he hasn't suited up for a Nets game yet....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49465
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
george w kush trolled kobe fans after the mavs sweep.


Old friend, I would give anything for 1/100 of your memory retention.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49465
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Don't be so hard on the guy, guys like Kyrie are still doing their research on the subject which is why he hasn't suited up for a Nets game yet....


And yet, Aaron Rodgers is playing in the NFL.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19121
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
george w kush trolled kobe fans after the mavs sweep.


Old friend, I would give anything for 1/100 of your memory retention.


You have more valuable/less petty talents.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 89177
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
george w kush trolled kobe fans after the mavs sweep.


Old friend, I would give anything for 1/100 of your memory retention.


You have more valuable/less petty talents.


I’m still looking for them, but I’d love a hint…
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 6699
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:27 am    Post subject:

The stupidity and arrogance of anti-vaxxers has hit a new low.

Now some of these dumb@sses are literally ingesting dirt to treat and even prevent COVID-19.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/magic-dirt-internet-fueled-defeated-pandemics-weirdest-mlm-rcna6950

Quote:
These online groups are filled with true believers, acolytes who call it “magic dirt.” They post that they are drinking, cooking, soaking, snorting and slathering BOO on their bodies and giving it to their families, children and pets.

“Who would have thought drinking dirt would make me feel so so good?” one person in a 27,000-member private Facebook group posted, her face nuzzling a jar of black liquid.

Another user posted a photo of a baby sitting in a bathtub of water colored a deep caramel. In the caption, she shared that the baby had contracted hand, foot and mouth disease — a virus that mainly affects children and causes painful sores. “Tiny is enjoying his Boo bath!” she wrote. “We’re happy to say our bottom feels happier and we’re in a better mood!”

Many such posts are dedicated to tactics for getting kids and loved ones to take BOO.

“Boo brownies for the picky family,” one poster offered.

Testimonials like these make up the majority of posts in dozens of Facebook groups, set up and overseen by BOO sellers, with hundreds of thousands of collective members, where BOO is heralded as a miracle drug. Teams of sellers in these private Facebook groups claim that, beyond cosmetic applications, BOO can cure everything from autism to cancer to Alzheimer’s disease. Conveniently in these times, BOO proponents say it also protects against and treats Covid-19, and can be used to “detox” the newly vaccinated, according to posts viewed by NBC News.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 22259
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised they haven't tried leeches.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 291, 292, 293 ... 297, 298, 299  Next
Page 292 of 299
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB