Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 700,000)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 282, 283, 284 ... 287, 288, 289  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 12319

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Quote:
“Vaccines are up to the person. There’s nothing special about them compared to any other preventive measure,” he said. “The state should be promoting good health, and vaccination isn’t the only path to that. It’s been treated almost like a religion. It’s just senseless. There’s lots of good pathways to health.”


Quote from Florida’s new surgeon general. Here in Florida we’re just going to “good health” our way to immunity apparently.


Sounds like good timing just as Florida moves into the top ten in death rate. That might not seem so bad but they were in the middle half up to about the first of August, but since, the deaths have been on a staggering pace. I don't know of another state that has seen a peak in deaths in this most recent covid surge that nearly doubled any previous peaks. (Cali's deaths are about a fifth of what they were previously.)

Science/smience?

. . . and our governor gets the recall election.
_________________
"A metronome keeps time by using a Ringo"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57898
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
The latest crazy pants Q/deep state conspiracy theory is that the government is going to start spiking salad dressing with the COVID vaccine.

::speechless::


Why spike the dressing when you can spike the restaurant's AC unit. Either they'll wear a mask or risk getting exposed to the vaccine by breathing. /s


Break their heart, tell them it’s in beer/liquor/wine

If we did that the COVID cases wouldn't lessen and the alcohol industry would make a killing
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 6022
Location: My own little piece of reality

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The latest crazy pants Q/deep state conspiracy theory is that the government is going to start spiking salad dressing with the COVID vaccine.

::speechless::


In salad dressing??

How totally random.
_________________
“There is always light if only we're brave enough to see it, if only we're brave enough to be it.” --Amanda Gorman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Posts: 17340
Location: Orlando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
trmiv wrote:
Quote:
“Vaccines are up to the person. There’s nothing special about them compared to any other preventive measure,” he said. “The state should be promoting good health, and vaccination isn’t the only path to that. It’s been treated almost like a religion. It’s just senseless. There’s lots of good pathways to health.”


Quote from Florida’s new surgeon general. Here in Florida we’re just going to “good health” our way to immunity apparently.


Sounds like good timing just as Florida moves into the top ten in death rate. That might not seem so bad but they were in the middle half up to about the first of August, but since, the deaths have been on a staggering pace. I don't know of another state that has seen a peak in deaths in this most recent covid surge that nearly doubled any previous peaks. (Cali's deaths are about a fifth of what they were previously.)

Science/smience?

. . . and our governor gets the recall election.


Unfortunately there’s no recall provision for the Governor here in Florida. Also even though more people have died in Florida than DeathSantis’ winning margin in 2018, I bet he wins by 4-5% in 2022, especially if the Democrats run a Republican retread like Charlie Crist as it appears they will do. Also there’s been in influx of Freedum loving morons moving here since the pandemic started. More than enough to replace all the ones that have died.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 32669
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
The latest crazy pants Q/deep state conspiracy theory is that the government is going to start spiking salad dressing with the COVID vaccine.

::speechless::


In salad dressing??

How totally random.


Hey, even the former head of US military intelligence says it’s happening.

https://www.newsweek.com/michael-flynn-spreads-conspiracy-theory-deep-state-putting-vaccines-salad-dressing-1631715
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49113
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
The latest crazy pants Q/deep state conspiracy theory is that the government is going to start spiking salad dressing with the COVID vaccine.

::speechless::


In salad dressing??

How totally random.


Hey, even the former head of US military intelligence says it’s happening.

https://www.newsweek.com/michael-flynn-spreads-conspiracy-theory-deep-state-putting-vaccines-salad-dressing-1631715


Flynn said, "Somebody sent me a thing this morning where they're talking about putting the vaccine in salad dressing. Have you seen this? I mean it's—and I'm thinking to myself, this is the Bizarro World, right? This is definitely the Bizarro World.…"

He's right . . . it is "the Bizarro World" . . . I mean the idea of putting it in salad dressing?

None of those anti-vaxxers eat salad for crissake. I mean maybe potato salad . . . but you don't put dressing on that.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 32669
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
The latest crazy pants Q/deep state conspiracy theory is that the government is going to start spiking salad dressing with the COVID vaccine.

::speechless::


In salad dressing??

How totally random.


Hey, even the former head of US military intelligence says it’s happening.

https://www.newsweek.com/michael-flynn-spreads-conspiracy-theory-deep-state-putting-vaccines-salad-dressing-1631715


Flynn said, "Somebody sent me a thing this morning where they're talking about putting the vaccine in salad dressing. Have you seen this? I mean it's—and I'm thinking to myself, this is the Bizarro World, right? This is definitely the Bizarro World.…"

He's right . . . it is "the Bizarro World" . . . I mean the idea of putting it in salad dressing?

None of those anti-vaxxers eat salad for crissake. I mean maybe potato salad . . . but you don't put dressing on that.


Jenny McCarthy probably does. Mike Flynn was/is fit enough to be a soldier/general, so he probably does too.

https://newrepublic.com/article/115551/jenny-mccarthy-anti-vaccination-movement-blame-whooping-cough
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4


Last edited by CandyCanes on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18996
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

If it's in any, it's definitely going to be ranch dressing.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26772
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
The Unbelievable Grimness of HermanCainAward, the Subreddit That Catalogs Anti-Vaxxer COVID Deaths

https://slate.com/technology/2021/09/hermancainaward-subreddit-antivaxxer-deaths-cataloged.html


The problem isn't that someone made this subreddit.
The problem is that Americans are so stupid, this subreddit had the opportunity to exist.


In a schadenfreude inspired way, I eat this stuff up.


The past month or so I've visited the sub more than any other. You see alot of "award winners" mocking the vaccine while in the ICU. Up until the day they die.
You also hear testimonials from people who have to cremate bodies 13 hours a day in their small town and bodies are still piling up because it's an anti-vax area. Also testimonials of healthcare workers in ICUs and emergency rooms who have gone from feeling deeply for every death to start this pandemic into just numb and angry that their patients refuse to wear masks or get vaccinated.

I'm fortunate a Herman Cain nominee/winner hasn't compromised the health (as far as I know) of someone I consider a loved one or friend. But if it does happen. YA. I'd get some schadenfreude from the sub as well too. At this point I'm not happy when anyone wins a Herman Cain award. Even if their internet timeline is disgusting. But I'm not feeling sorry for them either.
_________________
"Anybody have that same fire, that same passion that you have for the game?"

Kobe: "Westbrook plays mean. He plays mean like I did."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26772
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Anytime I'm around anti-vax, anti-mask, "immigrants are why COVID is as bad as it is" people. I always say 2 things. And judging by their silence. It at least makes them think.

1) I say, "I just want things to go back to normal. I'm tired of this pandemic. And anything I can do to end this. I'm down."

2) I also say, "I imagine there have been immigrants who have brought COVID to the US. That's why I think there should be a 2 week quarantine for anybody who travels. You get on a plane. 2 weeks in isolation. I'm sure Americans have infected someone from another country, who then comes to our country and gets more Americans sick".

The 2nd one really garners silence. Cause to so many people who blame immigrants it never dawns on them that the same logic they want to put on others should probably be put on everyone (if that is your argument).
_________________
"Anybody have that same fire, that same passion that you have for the game?"

Kobe: "Westbrook plays mean. He plays mean like I did."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 22125
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Washington Post: Asthma group warns against social media trend of inhaling hydrogen peroxide to treat coronavirus

Quote:
A leading asthma patient group has issued a warning against an unproven coronavirus treatment circulating on social media that is leading some people to post videos of themselves breathing in hydrogen peroxide through a nebulizer.

The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America called the action “concerning and dangerous” in a Tuesday blog post, emphasizing that it will neither treat nor prevent the virus and is harmful to the lungs.

“DO NOT put hydrogen peroxide into your nebulizer and breathe it in. This is dangerous!” the foundation wrote.


Maybe we can get them to inhale salad dressing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 32524

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

I'm getting progressively more disgusted by the activax crowd. Let them drink bleach and inhale hydrogen peroxide. Even better, tell them that Trump approves of sodium cyanide as a treatment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49113
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I'm getting progressively more disgusted by the activax crowd. Let them drink bleach and inhale hydrogen peroxide. Even better, tell them that Trump approves of sodium cyanide as a treatment.


I'm right there with you. It's harsh, I know. But I'm just done with their willful ignorance that is so dangerous to everyone else.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 6332
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
I'm getting progressively more disgusted by the activax crowd. Let them drink bleach and inhale hydrogen peroxide. Even better, tell them that Trump approves of sodium cyanide as a treatment.


I'm right there with you. It's harsh, I know. But I'm just done with their willful ignorance that is so dangerous to everyone else.


x3. Including people I know and have known for a very long time.
The ignorance and entitlement is disgusting. It's all a big joke until it happens to you. Lessons should be learned. I'm not wishing death on anyone.... but reality needs to slap these idiots in the face.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 11016

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Taking my dad to have his booster/third dose later today.

He's so excited.



Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci defended the Food and Drug Administration’s decision to reject offering booster shots of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine to the general U.S. population.
Fauci said he would support a third dose if future data shows it’s effective.


I wanted to add that it didn't go unnoticed by me that you were egging on HermosaJoe for defending his right to spread Invermectin propaganda in the Cedric Ceballos thread. You piled on to agree that the moderators were unfair bullies for not allowing propaganda to be spread here.

So by my count this current round, you're at strike 2.


No, it's more than strike 2. This sort of hit & run BS is also a problem. He'll ignore all these responses until it's time for the next hit & run.

So, that's enough. He needs to finish the discussion he started. He needs to come here & address these responses directly. If he doesn't, then that's strike 3.

I'll give ya 72 hours, xxsicrokerxx -- through Thursday.


Last day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88994
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Washington Post: Asthma group warns against social media trend of inhaling hydrogen peroxide to treat coronavirus

Quote:
A leading asthma patient group has issued a warning against an unproven coronavirus treatment circulating on social media that is leading some people to post videos of themselves breathing in hydrogen peroxide through a nebulizer.

The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America called the action “concerning and dangerous” in a Tuesday blog post, emphasizing that it will neither treat nor prevent the virus and is harmful to the lungs.

“DO NOT put hydrogen peroxide into your nebulizer and breathe it in. This is dangerous!” the foundation wrote.


Maybe we can get them to inhale salad dressing?


Pssst! They won’t tell you this, because they want you to be a sheep who follows the evidence rather than an independent person who parrots a couple of cranks along with all the other independent people, but a little D-Con mixed in extracts all of the goodness out of the hydrogen peroxide. Remember, if you die, so does the covid inside you.


[disclaimer: the above is a parody, not real advice]
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 6022
Location: My own little piece of reality

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone have the recipe for the vaccine salad dressing?

Going to a potluck this weekend.
_________________
“There is always light if only we're brave enough to see it, if only we're brave enough to be it.” --Amanda Gorman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 28295

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
I'm getting progressively more disgusted by the activax crowd. Let them drink bleach and inhale hydrogen peroxide. Even better, tell them that Trump approves of sodium cyanide as a treatment.


I'm right there with you. It's harsh, I know. But I'm just done with their willful ignorance that is so dangerous to everyone else.


x3. Including people I know and have known for a very long time.
The ignorance and entitlement is disgusting. It's all a big joke until it happens to you. Lessons should be learned. I'm not wishing death on anyone.... but reality needs to slap these idiots in the face.


Y'all know where I stand. x4.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 11016

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Taking my dad to have his booster/third dose later today.

He's so excited.



Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci defended the Food and Drug Administration’s decision to reject offering booster shots of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine to the general U.S. population.
Fauci said he would support a third dose if future data shows it’s effective.


I wanted to add that it didn't go unnoticed by me that you were egging on HermosaJoe for defending his right to spread Invermectin propaganda in the Cedric Ceballos thread. You piled on to agree that the moderators were unfair bullies for not allowing propaganda to be spread here.

So by my count this current round, you're at strike 2.


No, it's more than strike 2. This sort of hit & run BS is also a problem. He'll ignore all these responses until it's time for the next hit & run.

So, that's enough. He needs to finish the discussion he started. He needs to come here & address these responses directly. If he doesn't, then that's strike 3.

I'll give ya 72 hours, xxsicrokerxx -- through Thursday.


Last day


Strike Three
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49113
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Taking my dad to have his booster/third dose later today.

He's so excited.



Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci defended the Food and Drug Administration’s decision to reject offering booster shots of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine to the general U.S. population.
Fauci said he would support a third dose if future data shows it’s effective.


I wanted to add that it didn't go unnoticed by me that you were egging on HermosaJoe for defending his right to spread Invermectin propaganda in the Cedric Ceballos thread. You piled on to agree that the moderators were unfair bullies for not allowing propaganda to be spread here.

So by my count this current round, you're at strike 2.


No, it's more than strike 2. This sort of hit & run BS is also a problem. He'll ignore all these responses until it's time for the next hit & run.

So, that's enough. He needs to finish the discussion he started. He needs to come here & address these responses directly. If he doesn't, then that's strike 3.

I'll give ya 72 hours, xxsicrokerxx -- through Thursday.


Last day


Strike Three


Bye XXXsicrokerXXX
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 11016

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I'll see your salad dressing and raise you this:

https://twitter.com/silver_tinsel/status/1441561283157848064?s=20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49113
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
I'll see your salad dressing and raise you this:

https://twitter.com/silver_tinsel/status/1441561283157848064?s=20


All those anti-vaxxers who have getting peppered-balled by the PD this weekend will have to find something else to do I guess.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now


Last edited by DaMuleRules on Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 3355
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Strike three? Does that guy even know how to play baseball?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 22125
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
I'll see your salad dressing and raise you this:

https://twitter.com/silver_tinsel/status/1441561283157848064?s=20


Bottomless stupidity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 32669
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32272032/nba-denies-andrew-wiggins-request-religious-exemption-covid-19-vaccine

This should get interesting…
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 282, 283, 284 ... 287, 288, 289  Next
Page 283 of 289
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB