Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 238, 239, 240 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
My daughter finally relented and got vaccinated. She had side effects, chills, and fatigue. She had to spend a day in bed to recover. She's okay now. My son was vaccinated with no side effects. They both got the Moderna vaccination. I'm relieved. I feel they are less likely to get the virus. IMO the discomfort is outweighed by the protection.

My daughter got vaccinated early on because of her job (teacher). My son, the idiot, was at the vaccination site with me and refused to take it - twice - because of the knuckleheads and losers he calls friends.

Wife and I had our 2nd doses of Moderna yesterday. I have some arm soreness, but she is a little more jacked up. Left work early and is crashing in the bed.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Both my son and daughter got Pfizer. Son last week, daughter yesterday. No side effects.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm hearing about more people having side effects from the Moderna vaccination than I am about those who were Pfizer vaccinated. Again, IMO the discomfort is outweighed by the protection.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I attended a funeral the other day (a friend of mine died, not of Covid but of cancer). It was the first big meeting I attended since the crisis began. It was interesting listening to people talk about the vaccine. "I got Moderna, what did you get?" "I got Pfizer, I heard Pfizer is better." "Where did you hear that? I heard that as long as you get Moderna or Pfizer, you're good. Johnson and Johnson, on the other hand, not so good." "I got Johnson and Johnson, no side effects here." "I'm still waiting for my second dose of Pfizer."

These people haven't seen each other in months, and the vaccine was the topic of conversation. Even though it was a funeral, people sounded optimistic.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I attended a funeral the other day (a friend of mine died, not of Covid but of cancer). It was the first big meeting I attended since the crisis began. It was interesting listening to people talk about the vaccine. "I got Moderna, what did you get?" "I got Pfizer, I heard Pfizer is better." "Where did you hear that? I heard that as long as you get Moderna or Pfizer, you're good. Johnson and Johnson, on the other hand, not so good." "I got Johnson and Johnson, no side effects here." "I'm still waiting for my second dose of Pfizer."

These people haven't seen each other in months, and the vaccine was the topic of conversation. Even though it was a funeral, people sounded optimistic.

Curious; Were all masked? If not what % weren't?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Curious; Were all masked? If not what % weren't?

I'd say 90% were masked. The ones that didn't wear masks, I expected them not to wear masks. Politics, machismo, you know.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
My daughter finally relented and got vaccinated.

Good to hear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject:

I have five days to go, before I complete my second week: after my second (Pfizer) vaccination.

I will soon be able to: visit the BunnyRanch, lick public handrails, and hug random strangers.

Good times!

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
I have five days to go, before I complete my second week: after my second (Pfizer) vaccination.

I will soon be able to: visit the BunnyRanch, lick public handrails, and hug random strangers.

Good times!

It’s more fun if you get the last two backward.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:

A new study published this month by researchers from Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center and Carmel Medical Center in Haifa found that the risk of developing herpes infection following a coronavirus vaccination in people with autoimmune inflammatory rheumatic diseases (AIIRD) increases.

HZ is characterized by a small, red rash that develops on the skin and itches. If complications develop, it can cause nerve damage and pain, including a prolonged burning session on the skin even after it goes away.

Herpes. Yay.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

Good times!

I'm saving my inappropriate comment for the Women We Love thread.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

A new study published this month by researchers from Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center and Carmel Medical Center in Haifa found that the risk of developing herpes infection following a coronavirus vaccination in people with autoimmune inflammatory rheumatic diseases (AIIRD) increases.

HZ is characterized by a small, red rash that develops on the skin and itches. If complications develop, it can cause nerve damage and pain, including a prolonged burning session on the skin even after it goes away.

Herpes. Yay.

Monogamy...it's not so bad, you guys.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

K9 Covid

The Washington State Department of Agriculture has reported its first cases of COVID-19 antibodies in dogs.
Bj

In total, 23 dogs who were part of a University of Washington study, tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
K9 Covid

The Washington State Department of Agriculture has reported its first cases of COVID-19 antibodies in dogs.
Bj

In total, 23 dogs who were part of a University of Washington study, tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies.

If there's community spread in other Mammals it will be with us forever constantly mutating and looking to get around vaccination immunities.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:50 am    Post subject:

More on Emergent BioSolutions:

Quote:
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The House Committee on Oversight and Reform has launched an investigation into whether Baltimore-based Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine maker Emergent BioSolutions leveraged a tie with an official of former President D——- T—— to profit from federal contracts.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2021/04/20/house-oversight-committee-investigation-emergent-biosolutions-johnson-and-johnson-covid-vaccine-trump-official/

Quote:
Baltimore plant with contaminated Johnson & Johnson vaccines had multiple failures, unsanitary conditions, FDA says
Inspection report finds serious problems at Emergent BioSolutions, which has been told to stop manufacturing vaccine pending reviews

By
Christopher Rowland
April 21, 2021 at 2:39 p.m. PDT
The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday released a scathing inspection report that notes unsanitary conditions and other serious failures at the Emergent BioSolutions manufacturing plant in Baltimore that ruined 15 million doses worth of raw Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine.
The 12 pages of findings portray a plant with systemic problems, some of which echo concerns cited in a 2020 inspection report, including poor training of workers.
In the latest check, which began last week after the contamination, inspectors found that medical waste was improperly handled. Sensitive work areas had peeling paint and black and brown residue on walls.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/04/21/fda-johnson-johnson-vaccine-inspection/
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject:

Got my second Pfizer dose yesterday. Had some arm soreness, which wasn’t as bad as the first shot, and I’m feeling 100% today.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Got my second Pfizer dose yesterday. Had some arm soreness, which wasn’t as bad as the first shot, and I’m feeling 100% today.

Got me second yesterday, and along with some arm soreness and chills last night, feeling achy and tired today.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

Got my first Moderna vaccination last night. I had it scheduled for this afternoon but was at my local CVS last night and they asked if anyone in the store wanted a vaccination.

Schedule Appointment
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

It's been about 90 minutes since my 2nd dose of Moderna. So far, so good. We'll see what the rest of the day and night bring.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
It's been about 90 minutes since my 2nd dose of Moderna. So far, so good. We'll see what the rest of the day and night bring.

You and my wife about the same time on second dose. She's on Pfizer, though. Next Friday is my second.

An employee of mine (and her daughter) just got diagnosed with Covid Tuesday (they are in OR). She was scheduled for vaccination today. Sucks to go so far through this and come that close. Mild symptoms so far, but we'll see what the weekend brings.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

5 days past Pfizer 1. Only had 6 hours of sleep the night before so I can't tell if the sleepiness and very minor headache were an effect.

The injection contusion lasted about 2.5 days. After 1 day it only hurt when I would rotate my arm (palm up <-> palm down, not a swimming motion)
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Israel had zero (really. Zero) deaths from COVID yesterday.

For the first time in a year.

Pandemics end when people get vaccinated.

Israel is Exhibit A

https://mobile.twitter.com/ashishkjha/status/1385657145941708802
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

You and my wife about the same time on second dose. She's on Pfizer, though. Next Friday is my second.

An employee of mine (and her daughter) just got diagnosed with Covid Tuesday (they are in OR). She was scheduled for vaccination today. Sucks to go so far through this and come that close. Mild symptoms so far, but we'll see what the weekend brings.

I've heard anecdotal evidence that hydrating before and after helps minimize the 2nd shot side effects. They suggest drinking 8-10 glasses of water day before and day after. It can't hurt.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Six and a half hours later. I've had two glasses of water after my shot so far, plus one of my usual 16-ounce Sparkling Ice beverages, which are 5-calorie sparkling water drinks. Still no effects.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I've heard anecdotal evidence that hydrating before and after helps minimize the 2nd shot side effects. They suggest drinking 8-10 glasses of water day before and day after. It can't hurt.

I hydrated a ton before my second shot and I've been hydrating a ton after. It's been 36 hours after and all good so far. It was easier than the first.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 238, 239, 240 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 239 of 318
Jump to: