LAPD accidentally shoots 14 year old girl in fitting room at Burlington Coat Factory
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:55 am    Post subject: LAPD accidentally shoots 14 year old girl in fitting room at Burlington Coat Factory

she died

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-12-23/2-shot-at-burlington-store-in-north-hollywood-suspect-detained

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

to the shooting

for the victim's family
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Are they just violent cowards?

HORRIBLY UNTRAINED??

Are the low IQ hiring requirements murdering our citizens?

Low IQ hiring requirements are there so the new hires won't have the smarts to bring down the corrupt ones? They'll just fall in line like (bleep) oompa loompas!

What is it that disconnected them from the people who pay their salary?

Murdered the girl while her mother and her were trying on clothing

Did something happen to our genetics that makes us stunted and evil?

RIP Homo-Sapiens ... Can't escape our evolutionary biology! Evolution is a bloody murderous tale.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Are they just violent cowards?

HORRIBLY UNTRAINED??

Are the low IQ hiring requirements murdering our citizens?

Low IQ hiring requirements are there so the new hires won't have the smarts to bring down the corrupt ones? They'll just fall in line like (bleep) oompa loompas!

What is it that disconnected them from the people who pay their salary?

Murdered the girl while her mother and her were trying on clothing

Did something happen to our genetics that makes us stunted and evil?

RIP Homo-Sapiens ... Can't escape our evolutionary biology! Evolution is a bloody murderous tale.

Think about who wants to a cop. I love them but no way in hell I tell my son that that’s a good choice unless it’s the only choice
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject:

What load is LAPD using? Is using a shell with the ability to penetrate an outer and dressing room wall necessary for daily patrol? I don't think so. SWAT maybe, not daily patrol.

Again not being privy to all information, my initial response is, the officer is not entirely at fault. IMO LAPD load requirements bear some responsibility.

A life just beginning snuffed. My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of the young lady. 🙏🏾

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
What load is LAPD using? Is using a shell with the ability to penetrate an outer and dressing room wall necessary for daily patrol? I don't think so. SWAT maybe, not daily patrol.

Again not being privy to all information, my initial response is, the officer is not entirely at fault. IMO LAPD load requirements bear some responsibility.

A life just beginning snuffed. My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of the young lady. 🙏🏾

Quote:
The incident occurred shortly before noon Thursday at a Burlington store in North Hollywood, where police responded to reports of an assault with a deadly weapon, the Los Angeles Police Department said.

According to the LAPD, officers received multiple radio calls from the location that there was a possible shooting in progress and people were sheltering in place.

While searching for the suspect, "the officers encountered an individual who was in the process of assaulting another, and an officer-involved shooting occurred," LAPD Capt. Stacy Spell told reporters during a news briefing.

Yeah, firing inside a store where people are sheltering in place is dangerous.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

There are frangible rounds, but po' probably go on the belief that stopping power is more important than innocents being killed by rounds they fire. As you know, innocents have been killed by stray po' rounds even when accidentally (legit or in quotation marks) fired. Whether the intended target was justifiable will determine culpability for the bystander, espec since they can argue not knowing the girl was there. That's besides whether they should've assumed their rounds may go thru walls, they'll argue tragic accident to the end.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject:

bodycam + cctv

nsfw

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject:

I wrote my prior one w/o knowing it was an AR15. Changes my tude.

Why an AR15 in public mall w/ sharing walls? Um, that round could've hit and killed someone at the farthest possible point in Ross from where the shots were fired. Are u jokin me? That's tailgunner from FMJ stuff "EASY!!....". An AR15 in a populated strip mall. Brilliant tactical decision. That's as negligent as mistaking handgun for taser. If shots were necessary, how bout a handgun? If the tragedy still happens, it might've been a tragic accident after a justified shot, but much less likely not to cut thru drywalls like an un-deformed missile w/ much of its velocity left. That's a negligent decision even if they were justifiable shots at the subject.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

Do all patrol cars carry AR15? I thought only SWAT used weapons of that caliber. That strikes me as a bit much for a patrol officer.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

It would be great if the police stopped killing people who didn't need to be killed.

officer ~ overseer

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Do all patrol cars carry AR15? I thought only SWAT used weapons of that caliber. That strikes me as a bit much for a patrol officer.

It has become more common both in the wake of incidents of heavily armed and armored attacks, and the general militarization of the police that came with the “war on terror”.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

They started carrying after the North Hollywood shootout in the late 90's.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Why an AR15 in public mall w/ sharing walls? Um, that round could've hit and killed someone at the farthest possible point in Ross from where the shots were fired. Are u jokin me? That's tailgunner from FMJ stuff "EASY!!....". An AR15 in a populated strip mall. Brilliant tactical decision. That's as negligent as mistaking handgun for taser. If shots were necessary, how bout a handgun? If the tragedy still happens, it might've been a tragic accident after a justified shot, but much less likely not to cut thru drywalls like an un-deformed missile w/ much of its velocity left. That's a negligent decision even if they were justifiable shots at the subject.

From what is being reported, the bullet ricocheted off the ground and thru the wall.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It has become more common both in the wake of incidents of heavily armed and armored attacks, and the general militarization of the police that came with the “war on terror”.

Didn't it start to ramp up after the Hollywood shootout in the 90s? Cops were woefully outgunned and it was a pretty big talking point at the time. You'd know better than me.

*edit* - lakers80 mentioned it.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Didn't it start to ramp up after the Hollywood shootout in the 90s? Cops were woefully outgunned and it was a pretty big talking point at the time. You'd know better than me.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That was part of it, but it really came about after the gulf war and beyond where the pentagon started dumping surplus (including armored personnel carriers/tanks) on cops as part of the war on terror (which sounded better than make lots of money selling new weapons to the military and ammo to the police). Hard to find a cop who isn’t in a paramilitary jump suit with the harness and all the gear these days.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
bodycam + cctv

nsfw

With that type over-response, what could possibly go wrong?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
bodycam + cctv

nsfw

With that type over-response, what could possibly go wrong?

Bunch of keystone cops.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Ridiculous. Poor kid.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

From what is being reported, the bullet ricocheted off the ground and thru the wall.

Still had the penetrating force even after a ricochet. Maybe a 45 round would have, but a much less powerful bullet comparatively.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

This could have been any one of us or our children.
Effing ridiculous

And screw the deranged idiot who went psycho in the store.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That also said, .38 revolvers and/or 9mms were starting to be phased out in various jurisdictions and agencies for stopping power concerns and a 1986 Miami FBI shootout where two were killed (iirc the most in one event since Baby Face Nelson, at least up to 86, if not still) was a seminal event highlighting the need for heavier calibers. The perps kept getting up zombielike. That said an AR against someone not known to be in possession of a long gun is what leads to stuff like this with walls hiding other innocents right in the line of fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:45 am    Post subject:

New to watching these kind of videos. I am absolutely shocked. What are the rules for police in the States? Don't you need to do some talking and shouting before you put a couple of rounds into an unarmed suspect that is backing away? With a freaking rifle no less. All kinds of wrong.

And the poor kid in the locker. Incredibly sad.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
New to watching these kind of videos. I am absolutely shocked. What are the rules for police in the States? Don't you need to do some talking and shouting before you put a couple of rounds into an unarmed suspect that is backing away? With a freaking rifle no less. All kinds of wrong.

And the poor kid in the locker. Incredibly sad.

The rules are cops are allowed to use any force they deem necessary to protect the public - in this case the suspect was assaulting people. So they're probably ok with shooting the suspect.

However, they shouldn't have shot the suspect in a department store where the stray bullets can penetrate the walls and kill innocent bystanders.

So if they shot the suspect with a gun that isn't powerful enough to penetrate the walls, then they'd be ok.

This is the same situation they encounter when they handle school shootings. They need to deal with the shooter, but they still have to protect all the other students and staff who are in the school.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: