ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 399, 400, 401 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The Clippers should cut their losses and trade Kawhi. I’d target a large expiring, a couple firsts, and a project player.

Why? They still have a 1-2 year window to compete for a championship.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
The Clippers should cut their losses and trade Kawhi. I’d target a large expiring, a couple firsts, and a project player.

Compete for a championship? How? With Paul George and Kawhi Leonard, the injury prone brothers?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
It’s all about Kawhi … $42 million, $45 million, $48 million next three years. Wonder how healthy he can stay during that time. Pretty much everything riding on him. I picture severe load management to get him to the playoffs. They should play him every other game next year.

9-73
60-22
57-15
52-20
0-82

In the past 5 seasons, Kawhi has played in 178 games and has missed 212 games. As a Clipper, he's played in 109 and missed 117.

In his first 6 seasons, he missed 85 games (14/season), so the guy was never an iron man.

He's a great talent when healthy, but for his career he misses 27 games per season. If the Clippers get 50 games out of him, I'd be stunned.

Anthony Davis also hasn’t played in 50 percent of his games last two years.

Exactly, and that's why the Lakers have struggled the last 2 years and that is why I say at least compared to the Clips, we got a title out of Bron/AD in their 3 years, 2 of which were injury riddled.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:00 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Sad day for all the Clippers fans here on LG

Such a well run team....they got one game closer to the postseason.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Compete for a championship? How? With Paul George and Kawhi Leonard, the injury prone brothers?

For real, people talk about our two Superstars being injury and unreliable but those two are worse imo. The Clippers have a bit of a better supporting cast for sure but it's pretty much just wasted in slightly better mediocrity without the availability of the Superstars.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject:

All the crap they talked about what the Clippers "Accomplished" with an injured roster in comparison to us.

But all they managed was have two more games of the season they lost and wind up out of the play-in, just like us.

No matter how "good" your organization is run. When you build a team around two stars and those stars aren't able to play it will ALWAYS come back to bite you.

The media and fans need to stop acting like we are supposed to just overcome our stars not playing 4 consecutive games together all season. While propping up the Clippers and everything they've 'accomplished' this season.

But ultimately, not having their stars in the pivotal games mattered didn't it? Not having Kawhi vs Minnesota, not having George vs the Pelicans. Matters doesn't it!?

So now they can shut the heck up.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
All the crap they talked about what the Clippers "Accomplished" with an injured roster in comparison to us.

But all they managed was have two more games of the season they lost and wind up out of the play-in, just like us.

No matter how "good" your organization is run. When you build a team around two stars and those stars aren't able to play it will ALWAYS come back to bite you.

The media and fans need to stop acting like we are supposed to just overcome our stars not playing 4 consecutive games together all season. While propping up the Clippers and everything they've 'accomplished' this season.

But ultimately, not having their stars in the pivotal games mattered didn't it? Not having Kawhi vs Minnesota, not having George vs the Pelicans. Matters doesn't it!?

So now they can shut the heck up.

And like us, they don’t have a first round pick either since that pick is with the Thunder. And people, including here, talk about overpaying for Anthony Davis, keep forgetting the gross overpay for Paul George.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
danzag wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

For real, people talk about our two Superstars being injury and unreliable but those two are worse imo. The Clippers have a bit of a better supporting cast for sure but it's pretty much just wasted in slightly better mediocrity without the availability of the Superstars.

Even when they were completely healthy, they blew a 3-1 lead to denver. They have a different coach now, but even when they are completely healthy its not like they are a sure fire chip team.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject:

I think the Clippers are going to be the heavy favorites next year with Pandemic and Snake coming back. Next year will the last chance to win it all and Ballmer will do everything to get that ring.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Another year and Clipped. Money can't buy you a title and it sure as hell can't grow hair on your head.

Even IF the little Clips win a title next season that puts them dead even with the Lakers in this current LeBron-AD and KL-PG era. One a piece. But they'll have to get theirs first just to pull up square. Meantime we both wallow away the time with what ifs.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
I think the Clippers are going to be the heavy favorites next year with Pandemic and Snake coming back. Next year will the last chance to win it all and Ballmer will do everything to get that ring.

How do you figure? AD is trashed relentlessly for being unavailable on these boards and yet he's played more games since coming to LA than either Kawhi or PG. I don't see either of them making it through the season injury free. Kawhi in particular has to be the most perplexing player for them. He's literally the MOST load managed player in NBA history by a country mile and my man still can't stay healthy or finish out the season. It's wild to me that he's only 30 too. His entire prime thus far has been a combination of street clothes and load management.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi with Lebron's durability (prime aged) is a GOAT candidate.

Top 3 strangest careers in the NBA
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

How do you figure? AD is trashed relentlessly for being unavailable on these boards and yet he's played more games since coming to LA than either Kawhi or PG. I don't see either of them making it through the season injury free. Kawhi in particular has to be the most perplexing player for them. He's literally the MOST load managed player in NBA history by a country mile and my man still can't stay healthy or finish out the season. It's wild to me that he's only 30 too. His entire prime thus far has been a combination of street clothes and load management.

Kawaii is going to be well rested after missing more than 82 games, their supporting cast is awesome with lots of young players that play defense and you know Jerry West always find a way to improve the team unlike our FO.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:03 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

Who are the other two? Bill Walton?

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:34 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

Kawaii is going to be well rested after missing more than 82 games, their supporting cast is awesome with lots of young players that play defense and you know Jerry West always find a way to improve the team unlike our FO.

Kawhi has a d-e-g-e-n-e-r-a-t-i-v-e disease. It won't heal with rest or over time. It continues to get worse, which forces his other muscles to overcompensate, causing injuries to other body parts.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

Kawhi has a d-e-g-e-n-e-r-a-t-i-v-e disease. It won't heal with rest or over time. It continues to get worse, which forces his other muscles to overcompensate, causing injuries to other body parts.

Is this real? I have never heard this disease being linked to Kawhi.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

It's called "quad tendinopathy", which causes his knees to overcompensate and leads to (bleep) like his ACL tear last year
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:25 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Who are the other two? Bill Walton?

there's a lot
TMac
Grant Hill
Brandon Roy
maybe Yao
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject:

Delete… wrong thread

Last edited by PenG_ on Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Worst the Clippers only had to win one game to stay in, and had to lose two to be out. They lost two

The Lakers even have a better play-in record than the Clippers.

The Lakers weren’t good enough to make the play in.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

It's called "quad tendinopathy", which causes his knees to overcompensate and leads to (bleep) like his ACL tear last year

Bingo. Knee/ankle/hip issues, etc. are inevitable.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject:

Surprised that we have a 400 page thread about a team that has never won anything. Is there a Clippers site anywhere that has a thread this long? Someone wake me up when the Clippers make it to the Finals.

Sorry if this post seems a little trollish. Seriously not trying to piss people off and you guys can obviously laugh at them and talk about whatever you want. I guess I just miss the times when our team kept making the Finals and the Clippers were never discussed on here because they only thing they were in contention for was the #1 pick in the draft.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject:

Both teams missed the playoffs.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Surprised that we have a 400 page thread about a team that has never won anything. Is there a Clippers site anywhere that has a thread this long? Someone wake me up when the Clippers make it to the Finals.

Sorry if this post seems a little trollish. Seriously not trying to piss people off and you guys can obviously laugh at them and talk about whatever you want. I guess I just miss the times when our team kept making the Finals and the Clippers were never discussed on here because they only thing they were in contention for was the #1 pick in the draft.

to be fair there are a handful of "lakers fans" here that are clipper fans first. Its a polite thing to do I guess.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
Worst the Clippers only had to win one game to stay in, and had to lose two to be out. They lost two

The Lakers even have a better play-in record than the Clippers.

The Lakers weren’t good enough to make the play in.

Who cares. The ring is the thing.

Win a ring. Everything else is a losing season!

That is the Laker way.

This year they tried and failed.

Get rid of Bron and AD and start over again.

We got one ring out of them and that is all we are going to get.

Cut your losses and move on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 399, 400, 401 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 400 of 439
Jump to: