Coming to America 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Coming to America 2

just finished shooting

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/29/louie-anderson-coming-to-america-2-sequel-cast-billion-dollars-eddie-murphy/
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

a lotta folks my age are excited about this!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

heh was just watching youtube clips last night of the original, didnt know they were doing a sequel!
"Every time I talk about boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out they ass"
its going to be a tough act to recapture the organic magic of the original but I'll definitely watch it
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Jordan on the Wizards.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Jordan on the Wizards.

Yeah I doubt this movie will be our QUEEEEEEEEEN TOOHOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEE
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Are Bellamy and Ameche gonna have a cameo in this one?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

All in.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Jordan on the Wizards.

At best it's going to be Jordan 45 and I'll intentionally mix metaphors and say nobody from the original cast can throw anything that even resembles a fastball.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Jordan on the Wizards.

At best it's going to be Jordan 45 and I'll intentionally mix metaphors and say nobody from the original cast can throw anything that even resembles a fastball.

better than Harden on the rockets, you diseased rhinocerous pizzle
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Jordan on the Wizards.

better than Harden on the rockets, you diseased rhinocerous pizzle

I'm so reporting this personal attack to the mods even if you buy me a $500,000 pair of earrings.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Eddie Murphy is actually older now than James Earl Jones was when the original movie came out in 1986. Since Jones is in the movie, I guess Akeem is still the Prince.

They're bringing back a lot of the original actors from the first movie (Shari Headley, Vanessa Bell Calloway, John Amos, Arsenio).

I saw on Murphy's IMDb credits they're also filming Beverly Hills Cop 4.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:04 am    Post subject:

yiiiikes it's bad

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Eddie Murphy is actually older now than James Earl Jones was when the original movie came out in 1986. Since Jones is in the movie, I guess Akeem is still the Prince.

They're bringing back a lot of the original actors from the first movie (Shari Headley, Vanessa Bell Calloway, John Amos, Arsenio).

Coming To America debuted in 1988.
I'll not throw a spoiler. He's Prince Akeem. Shari Headley carries her age well, she doesn't look to be 56 years of age. John Amos shows his age. Too bad Madge Sinclair passed before the making of Coming 2 America. I enjoyed the Beverly Hills Cop movies. Looking forward to 4.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I'll not throw a spoiler. He's Prince Akeem. Shari Headley carries her age well, she doesn't look to be 56 years of age. John Amos shows his age. Too bad Madge Sinclair passed before the making of Coming 2 America. I enjoyed the Beverly Hills Cop movies. Looking forward to 4.

He looks great for 81.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

He looks great for 81.

As a senior I disagree but, "In the eye of the beholder." How about this 94 year old?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
yiiiikes it's bad

Agree. Had to show my 11yr old clips of RAW to show him my Eddie. Crazy that RAW could not be done today because even artistic expression is being stifled
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

This weekend I read the oral history of the Soul Glo commercial and I watched Coming 2 America. One was infinitely more entertaining than the other.

Here is the oral history of Soul Glo:

LINK
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:09 am    Post subject:

it unsurprisingly failed to recapture the organic magic of the original but I thought it wasnt nearly as bad as people panned it. I thought the plot was decent enough but my biggest disappointment was that it failed to deliver a single comedic gold moment in the entire film while the previous film has countless of them that still stand the test of time.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
it unsurprisingly failed to recapture the organic magic of the original but I thought it wasnt nearly as bad as people panned it. I thought the plot was decent enough but my biggest disappointment was that it failed to deliver a single comedic gold moment in the entire film while the previous film has countless of them that still stand the test of time.

Yes, yes. (bleep) YOU TOO!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

The issue (to me) is Eddie. He phoned it in. At (almost) 60, Eddie needs to transition to veteran set-up man (a la Richard Pryor in Harlem Nights). His brand of humor is not relevant to modern audiences.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

The issue (to me) is Eddie. He phoned it in. At (almost) 60, Eddie needs to transition to veteran set-up man (a la Richard Pryor in Harlem Nights). His brand of humor is not relevant to modern audiences.

Harlem Nights is one of my favorites. What shocked me was the way Della Reese cursed. I always acquainted her with a gospel singer. To hear her curse like it was an everyday part of her vocabulary was unexpected. The cast was loaded with top echelon Black artists, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Red Fox, Jasmin Guy, Arsenio Hall, to name a few. I add that to films to watch.

If you're in the mood for good franchise serials watch Lethal Weapons 1 thru 4. IMO they are equal.

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Harlem Nights is one of my favorites. What shocked me was the way Della Reese cursed. I always acquainted her with a gospel singer. To hear her curse like it was an everyday part of her vocabulary was unexpected. The cast was loaded with top echelon Black artists, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Red Fox, Jasmin Guy, Arsenio Hall, to name a few. I add that to films to watch.

If you're in the mood for good franchise serials watch Lethal Weapons 1 thru 4. IMO they are equal.

Della started out in Jazz clubs in the 1940s/50s and was on the road with people like Redd Foxx before she went back to gospel. She probably heard and said much worse than was in the movie.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Eddie lost his edge when he started making movies for his kids in the late 90's. It's fine as a side-kick in Disney/Shrek but too self-censored as the main focus. You can feel him setup a joke and then back away from the punchline.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Della started out in Jazz clubs in the 1940s/50s and was on the road with people like Redd Foxx before she went back to gospel. She probably heard and said much worse than was in the movie.

I know her history but to me, she's of the Mahalia Jackson ilk that's why I was kinda surprised by her potty mouth in Harlem Nights. I also liked her in the small role she played in A Thin Line Between Love and Hate.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

The movie is awful
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: