AVERY BRADLEY (2.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

I still think we need to run AB @ shooting guard more often especially until we get our defensive wings back.

WB/ AB / Bazemore
WB / AB / Lebron
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

With all these injuries, thank goodness we signed AB. For the most part Bradley has been consistent on both sides of the ball.
He's always ready when called upon. Last night his +/- was +30. Plus he scored 7 points and 3 rebounds.
He is a true professional that competes every time he hits the court.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
With all these injuries, thank goodness we signed AB. For the most part Bradley has been consistent on both sides of the ball.
He's always ready when called upon. Last night his +/- was +30. Plus he scored 7 points and 3 rebounds.

Werd
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Been saying this since day 1
He is a guy you can win with
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Yup. I was alone in my principals when I expressed my excitement at acquiring him. It's not like I thought he was suddenly a franchise player but he's always been a very good defensive player and a pro. That's what I wanna see from the role playing folk
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Yup. I was alone in my principals when I expressed my excitement at acquiring him. It's not like I thought he was suddenly a franchise player but he's always been a very good defensive player and a pro. That's what I wanna see from the role playing folk

Nope. You were not alone. I will admit that AB's most recent return was greeted with what seemed like a collective yawn. But some of us have long appreciated the guy. He's a valuable asset. It seems his background has mirrored Rondo. They both played for Boston where playing defense was the norm not the exception.

Both were considered on the small side with reservations about their jump shots. Both were (are) super competitive who worked hard to improve their jumpers. Both play with a nice balance on both ends of the court. Just what we're hoping both Nunn, and especially Monk learn to do.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject:

Bump. Great game
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Bump. Great game

Been great all season, back to his pre-bubble plays, PatBev without the antics
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:06 am    Post subject:

An extremely effective waiver pickup
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject:

KUDOS to A-Bradley for coming through again with a solid all-around performance.
He played well and we needed everything that he brought in order to win this game. Great effort on both ends of the court.

Picking up Avery Bradley, basically out of the trash heap, was a godsend for the Lakers.
W/O his experience, tenacity and contributions on both ends of the floor we probably would be under .500 at this point of the season.

Stats last night: 17 points, 6-12FG, 5-8 3PFG, 3 rebs, 2 assists, 1 steal, +0.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject:

When Bron returns, there's no way I want Bradley coming off the bench. That's not the right role for Avery. He needs to remain starter for now as our D badly needs that guy who will throw his body out there. When he makes shots and becomes 2-way impact that's just gravy.

I would love to see DAJ be subbed out for Bron, when Bron returns. Gives us a three point shooting threat, perimeter defender and of course all the rest that Bron does. I think if Bron comes in focused on D there should be no drop off in D, but the O will go off the charts compared to what it is with DAJ.

At the same time, I think the defensive toughness we've began to show is interesting, as you get that same feeling based on the last few games that we had a few years ago with Avery, AD, and the two bigs/rim protection (now DAJ instead of Javale).

Guess Bron should take Baze's spot in this case. Baze has been struggling with making an impact.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

He has been incredible every game. Even if he is not contributing offensively, he is giving us what we desperately need most on the defensive end.

We went from:

1) AB, KCP and AC; to
2) KCP and AC; to
3) none of the above; to
4) AB

Thank goodness we at least got him back. Hopefully we can find one another defensive minded guard/wing. Maybe Ariza when he returns.

He is 100% a starter.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject:

He is a great pickup, we need to make his contract guaranteed if it isnt already. We got a bit too many guards but still, hes among the last ones that should be cut (if we cut someone)

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Happy birthday, Avery!
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Frank Vogel says that Avery Bradley’s effort and intensity are contagious, intangible factors that add value to the starting lineup. While acknowledging that there are negative statistics associated with Bradley as a starter, Vogel says he takes those “with a grain of salt.”

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1465447073692672008
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Great game from AB tonight! We're need more of this from AB.
8-14FG (6-8 3PFG), 4 steals, 2 rebs, +13.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Back to back strong performances by AB.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Back to back strong performances by AB.

It was me that was in support of Bradley a few days ago when fans were making Bradley trade proposals..
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Bradley was able to shut Alexander down tonight... Impressive showing tonight.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject:

Showing why Frank starts him. He also gets a quick hook if his shot is off and his D is not imposing as an asset. But considering our weak supporting cast of defenders this year, Avery has been solid,

I know advanced stats don't like him.

However with the group we have this year, I think we need him to make things a little easier for teammates on defense. Not many guys this year can defend starting level players. Avery is one of them. It is still probably not clear to Frank whether to go with AD at the 5 or Dwight, but I thought the Dwight at the 5, Avery at 1 combo on defense helps us a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Showing why Frank starts him. He also gets a quick hook if his shot is off and his D is not imposing as an asset. But considering our weak supporting cast of defenders this year, Avery has been solid,

However with the group we have this year, I think we need him to make things a little easier for teammates on defense. Not many guys this year can defend starting level players. Avery is one of them. It is still probably not clear to Frank whether to go with AD at the 5 or Dwight, but I thought the Dwight at the 5, Avery at 1 combo on defense helps us a lot.

Tru Dat!
Bradley probably wouldn't start for most teams but he has done a yeoman's job for us so far, especially for a guy we picked up off the wire.
AB gives the Lakers some consistency on defense. Win or lose, AB will bring that tough defensive presence every night.
He's a blue collar guy who quietly and professionally gives 100% every game.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject:

AB knows the system. He was a starter before. He plays good defense and can hit 3s.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Tru Dat!
Bradley probably wouldn't start for most teams but he has done a yeoman's job for us so far, especially for a guy we picked up off the wire.
AB gives the Lakers some consistency on defense. Win or lose, AB will bring that tough defensive presence every night.
He's a blue collar guy who quietly and professionally gives 100% every game.

My hope is that like KCP stepped up that first season AB was here, someone like Monk/THT/Nunn step up as that guy this season or that Rob will trade for one. I know they (FO, coaches) think it will be THT, but not sure. What we need is someone who will fight hard on defense, through screens, and need very little help on the perimeter assignments and then on offense be able to spot up for 3s, move off the ball.

Monk has the offense, but he doesn't have the defense.
THT has the defensive talent/tools, but the IQ/offense is not there.
Haven't seen Nunn.

Baze failed at it. He's too old, maybe. Or perhaps he needs more time to get to know the system.

Reaves, is another potential guy to replace Bradley, but he's a rookie and right now it's awesome in short bursts, but we don't know as a starter what he can do.

Point is we need someone and until that somoene is ready, Bradley has to be that guy. I just hope Rob realizes he did this team a huge disservice by letting Caruso go. Everything we want from Bradley and why Vogel plays him, is what Caruso was doing. We needed to have kept Caruso. I am not one to whine about a FO that just delivered a ring, but letting Caruso go is exactly why guys like Bradley start for us. And Avery would not start for any other contender or good playoff team. So we're starting guys that are not starting level players. We had one, in Caruso. Just let him go. Unfortunate. I think we thought much more guys like Bazemore, THT, Nunn (TBD) than what we've actually gotten.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

Last night's stat line was AB's version of Russ hitting two 3's in a row. It almost does more harm than good. Now he/vogel/fans will think he's "back on track" and we're gonna get another's month worth of misplaced confidence, bad shooting performances, awful midrange shots with 22 seconds left on the clock, and the high-activity POA fake defense w/ bad help defense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 59 of 62
Jump to: