Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Trade
Him
Today

Don't let lakesh0wtime see this, that's his boy. lol.

Trade lakesh0wtime too.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

certified scrub. legit one of the worst players in the NBA today
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

THT is good, just not consistent. That will come with time. My bigger concern is why Ariza is starting. He has zero impact on the game, offensively or defensively.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

THT is good, just not consistent. That will come with time. My bigger concern is why Ariza is starting. He has zero impact on the game, offensively or defensively.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

THT will be very good on another team out of Lebron’s shadow and on a more set play system and team oriented offense.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

I'm still in the THT camp; I do not know if I would say "good" but wildly inconsistent I can agree with. He can go 1-8, or 4-9, etc, etc. He has "potential" that goes with someone his age who has logged all of about 100 games in his career.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Trade
Him
Today

Trade lakesh0wtime too.

Damn like that?

Lol.

I’m good trading him if it’ makes us better.
Trading him just to trade him would be dumb.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Trade
Him
Today

Trade lakesh0wtime too.

Trade me? What I do to you? B1tch azz
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
troy wrote:

I'm still in the THT camp; I do not know if I would say "good" but wildly inconsistent I can agree with. He can go 1-8, or 4-9, etc, etc. He has "potential" that goes with someone his age who has logged all of about 100 games in his career.

Not popular or doable, but I will continue to support THT staying on this Lakers team.

Even though he apparently didn't put in the work during the last offseason, we need homegrown potential talent on this Lakers team. His game reminds me of Brandon Ingram, assuming THT develops a midrange game. He is young, and he is showing flashes of what he may potentially become. It's always going to be frustrating watching younger player flounder and flash, but that's just how it is. And we've lost out on so many younger players that have grown into high caliber players.

I see THT as an investment, and like any investment, you must show patience with it. I hope we keep THT, even if it means accepting that we have no defensive wings this season. We're not winning anything the year anyway.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject:

THT has handles and can get you layups, both on ball and off the ball. He can make some defensive plays. But overall I feel his IQ and reads are still a ways away. I do think he will be a good NBA player at some point. But he needs reps. What's he at, 100 NBA games now? He will be a good player but in 1-2 years from now. The timeline for THT is not on par with what we need.

You've seen it with many of the younger guys we have had like Randle, Ingram, DLO etc. They're not that good in LA and then by year 5-6 they're either made an all-star team once or a very good starter. I think THT will follow the same path and at least become a starting level player by year 5. It's just that he's in year 3 (with way less experience meaning he's more like in year 2), and we're not in a situation where we can afford to wait until year 5-6. He's 21, and I think by 23 you'll get good play. However with the situation we're in .... makes it tough to watch him "evolve".

The situation we were in, probably made more sense to re-sign Carushow and move THT for FRPs/future assets if you can't afford both. That's what I was suggesting in the offseason. It is what it is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
THT has handles and can get you layups, both on ball and off the ball. He can make some defensive plays. But overall I feel his IQ and reads are still a ways away. I do think he will be a good NBA player at some point. But he needs reps. What's he at, 100 NBA games now? He will be a good player but in 1-2 years from now. The timeline for THT is not on par with what we need.

You've seen it with many of the guys we have. They're not that good and then by year 5-6 they're either made an all-star team once or a very good starter. I think THT will follow the same path. It's just that he's in year 3 (with way less experience meaning he's more like in year 2), and we're not in a situation where we can afford to wait until year 5-6.

102 career games. Barely over a complete season.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

You trade him for a real 3 & D wing that can help this team now and next season.

The Lakers are a terrible team and they arent going to do a thing this season.

That does not mean you pass up a chance to improve this atrocious roster now looking towards next season.

If you can get Grant for this overrated player you take that deal and run.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
THT will be very good on another team out of Lebron’s shadow and on a more set play system and team oriented offense.
This goes for the whole team. Our offense is trash. Lebron is the one who benefits most from this. Everyone else is in limbo...thats why we hoist up 3s. Its so elementary to watch. THT needs the structure...knowing what should happen and where everyone should be...Lakers are just a free for all on offense. Thats why its such a mixed bag.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Supply
@LakersSupply
· 2h
“Detroit's Jerami Grant is said to be Utah's most preferred target in that quest, but it's believed that the Pistons have no interest in a trade package headlined by Ingles' expiring $13 million contract packaged with a future first-round pick.” The door’s open for LA to sneak in twitter.com/thesteinline/s…

Dom
@DomDolla22
So outside of the Lakers’ THT/Nunn package, it seems like their main competition at the moment is Utah’s Joe Ingles and late 1st rd pick.

Good news FWIW
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject:

TRADE ME
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Trade
Him
Today

Trade lakesh0wtime too.

TRADE ME
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Trade
Him
Today

Trade lakesh0wtime too.

Trade me? What I do to you? B1tch azz

Hello? You’re not being very outspoken right now
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject:

THT is redundant with Lebron. He has talent and could flourish in the right scenario but will not on this team as he needs to be a 3 & D guy, which he isn't really. Instead he is another guy that is best with the ball in his hands and that isn't really available much with LBJ & Russ on this team. Grant isn't perfect but is a strong defender that can score as well. Further he brings much needed wing size playing both forward spots. Him and Johnson are a major upgrade in that regard.

While you are at it, throw in DJ or Baze to be dumped by the Pistons so that they can sign Johnson for the rest of the year.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject:

He knows he's being shopped, so I'm predicting he'll play even worse now.

Personally, I wish they'd keep these things inhouse. This is another area where Mitch was much better.

I wouldn't even expect Monk and AR15 to feel comfortable at this point. Young players and LA just do not mix.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:

Spot on. I see people predicting that THT will have the same trajectory as the Randle or Ingram or Russell types. They must forget that those players all showed something while they were Lakers. What on earth has THT shown? He’s a slasher that can only finish with his right hand. He can’t shoot. He isn’t a good passer. He’s solid at man to man defense but atrocious off the ball and makes multiple mistakes. He overhelps and gets lost on screens. He doesn’t even contribute much on the glass.

Those other former Lakers had legitimate pedigree and a track record of at least some success. THT is a second round pick that’s looking more likely to be out of the league in five years than to develop into some sort of star player. Not every ugly duckling turns into a swan.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

Spot on. I see people predicting that THT will have the same trajectory as the Randle or Ingram or Russell types. They must forget that those players all showed something while they were Lakers. What on earth has THT shown? He’s a slasher that can only finish with his right hand. He can’t shoot. He isn’t a good passer. He’s solid at man to man defense but atrocious off the ball and makes multiple mistakes. He overhelps and gets lost on screens. He doesn’t even contribute much on the glass.

Those other former Lakers had legitimate pedigree and a track record of at least some success. THT is a second round pick that’s looking more likely to be out of the league in five years than to develop into some sort of star player. Not every ugly duckling turns into a swan.

I will say that Ingram was equally as awful, if not more so his years with the lakers. His rookie year and year 2 he was also one of the worst nba players. But Ingram at least showed out at Duke.

THT has shown out in one preseason, 5 minutes in the playoffs, and has had like a couple good games this season and last year. Thats it. I dont see him flourishing the way the other Lakers young players did on other teams. He just doesnt have enough nba guard skills.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Cyberfreak444 wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

I will say that Ingram was equally as awful, if not more so his years with the lakers. His rookie year and year 2 he was also one of the worst nba players. But Ingram at least showed out at Duke.

THT has shown out in one preseason, 5 minutes in the playoffs, and has had like a couple good games this season and last year. Thats it. I dont see him flourishing the way the other Lakers young players did on other teams. He just doesnt have enough nba guard skills.

Nah, there were a decent amount of people on this board including myself who could clearly see Ingram was going to be a very special player early on. He was never one of the worst players in the NBA just like THT isn't now. That's going way overboard. He has been a bit of a disappointment for sure as I was hoping to see a bigger jump this season but it's not shocking either considering our rookie this season is still older then him.

THT has shown plenty of guard skills to be an at worst solid rotation guy in another year or two. He has shown some great glimpses of vision.. He's shown glimpses of elite man to man defense even though he still has a ways to go with his team defense but that only comes with more on court experience. None of what I mentioned is consistent yet but the bones are there for it to happen. He's already started working on his off hand the last year and has at least used it a few times and knows it is one of his biggest weaknesses and I expect to see him improve greatly in this respect especially in the next 1-2 seasons. He also has a nice runner and mid range game when he uses it. His outside shot along with continuing to work on his off hand are his biggest problem areas but some here are going massively overboard discrediting him like he doesn't even belong in the NBA

I understand the Lakers looking to trade him if they get a legitimate piece that can bump there chances at a Championship this and next season especially but no reason to completely trash THT in the process.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Cyberfreak444 wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

Nah, there were a decent amount of people on this board including myself who could clearly see Ingram was going to be a very special player early on. He was never one of the worst players in the NBA just like THT isn't now. That's going way overboard. He has been a bit of a disappointment for sure as I was hoping to see a bigger jump this season but it's not shocking either considering our rookie this season is still older then him.

THT has shown plenty of guard skills to be an at worst solid rotation guy in another year or two. He has shown some great glimpses of vision.. He's shown glimpses of elite man to man defense even though he still has a ways to go with his team defense but that only comes with more on court experience. None of what I mentioned is consistent yet but the bones are there for it to happen. He's already started working on his off hand the last year and has at least used it a few times and knows it is one of his biggest weaknesses and I expect to see him improve greatly in this respect especially in the next 1-2 seasons. He also has a nice runner and mid range game when he uses it. His outside shot along with continuing to work on his off hand are his biggest problem areas but some here are going massively overboard discrediting him like he doesn't even belong in the NBA

I understand the Lakers looking to trade him if they get a legitimate piece that can bump there chances at a Championship this and next season especially but no reason to completely trash THT in the process.

Ingrams second year was actually much better than I remember but his first year was one of the worst rookie seasons ever for a 2nd pick. He put up 9/4/2 shooting 40%/29%. But he was a rookie so I dont hold it against him or anything.

THT on the other hand is in his 3rd year. THTs flashes dont mean much. Every nba player has flashes of being something. At some point your well of potential dries up and you have to start delivering something tangible to an nba team. Hes shooting 40%/25% from 3 for christ sake. His shooting has gotten worse every year, his defense is still not good, his playmaking skills are almost non existent. What nba team wants someone like that next year going into his 4th season besides the Lakers? Not many and thats why we arent getting any takers dangling him with our FRP. His value as an asset is a net negative.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

THT is trash. his skill level may be on par with Kuz when he was here. but difference is Kuz has the taller frame over THT. so when Kuz struggles with scoring, he can contribute in defense and rebounding. THT is stuck in no man's land, a short SG who can't make jumper consistently = low value in today's league.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
hype wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Cyberfreak444 wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

Ingrams second year was actually much better than I remember but his first year was one of the worst rookie seasons ever for a 2nd pick. He put up 9/4/2 shooting 40%/29%. But he was a rookie so I dont hold it against him or anything.

THT on the other hand is in his 3rd year. THTs flashes dont mean much. Every nba player has flashes of being something. At some point your well of potential dries up and you have to start delivering something tangible to an nba team. Hes shooting 40%/25% from 3 for christ sake. His shooting has gotten worse every year, his defense is still not good, his playmaking skills are almost non existent. What nba team wants someone like that next year going into his 4th season besides the Lakers? Not many and thats why we arent getting any takers dangling him with our FRP. His value as an asset is a net negative.

I agree much more so about Ingram if we're talking just about his Rookie year for sure as he looked extremely raw and lost much of the time but I was never worried much since it was just the rookie year.

IDK, flashes still mean something to me since he just turned 21. He was a very young rookie out of the second round. I don't really see all-star or greatness like some are talking about but I def. see a player that could easily turn into an extremely solid role player sooner then later. I also don't believe he's anywhere close to untouchable. I just dont think he should be traded for an at best lateral move but like I said i'm all for it if we could somehow get a legitimate piece where he is involved. He hasn't done much to improve his trade value at all this season like you said though so I don't see us getting that player but who knows. I think plenty of NBA teams that aren't contending would love to add him as part of there rebuild for the right price more as a potential solid player then a super star or anything crazy like that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 173 of 202
Jump to: