Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:53 pm    Post subject:

https://www.si.com/nba/lakers/.amp/news/lakers-former-league-executive-thinks-lakers-should-not-trade-horton-tucker
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject:

To me, its all about value. I've tried really hard in my many years on this board not to bag on minimum level contract players. Though I do not adjust for inflation, I've considered players since the Shaq/Kobe run making under $5 million a season as entry level players. I do not expect much from entry level players, and I'm really happy when they over-produce for their wages. I love guys like Monk, Bradley, Reeves, and even Howard when he is producing, because they are all making about $2 million a season and they are part of the process.

But when you are getting paid, and THT is now getting paid, its the same thing that happened to Kuzma, Bynum, Luke, pick a guy. When you get paid you have to produce, you have to make shots, you have to help the team win, and win now. THT is not doing that, he is not showing that he can really be a starting level PG or SG yet. He has having trouble showing he can be even a 3 and D guy, which is what we hope for with tweeners with limited offensive skills - sort of like a Bruce Bowen type.

I hate putting guys in the doghouse, but right now, THT is sleeping there by choice, and I'm worried he might get to like it, and be happy to stay just like he is, a 9-10th guy who can make layups if the paint is open. $2 million 10 minutes a game player, sure, $9 million a year guy - no way I'm happy with that.

And neither should he be happy about it.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers have given up soooo much talent to fit this Bron window.

If they dont ship this guy out for a useful player who can actually help this team get more than one championship that no one outside of LA even respects, Rob needs to be replaced.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

If they dont ship this guy out for a useful player who can actually help this team get more than one championship that no one outside of LA even respects, Rob needs to be replaced.

Who is that player that we can get? Realistically.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

This is exactly right. Can’t live between both worlds. Go all in.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:34 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
RashardA wrote:

This is exactly right. Can’t live between both worlds. Go all in.

Wait till Klay comes back and everyone will realize it’s not gonna matter if it’s THT or not.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:05 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Wait till Klay comes back and everyone will realize it’s not gonna matter if it’s THT or not.

Or they realize that soon to be 32 year old guy who hasn't played in nearly three years probably isn't going to return to the player he was pre-injury.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:13 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Or they realize that soon to be 32 year old guy who hasn't played in nearly three years probably isn't going to return to the player he was pre-injury.

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbreak/.amp/news/watch-the-viral-clip-of-klay-thompson-making-24-three-pointers-in-a-row-before-the-warriors-beat-the-jazz

KD came back better.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:45 am    Post subject:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2022/1/3/22865667/lakers-podcast-talen-horton-tucker-trade-rumors-lebron-james-rajon-rondo-cavaliers
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:01 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

I really do think he's going to be a reasonable facsimile of his previous self. The guy's game was never dependent on explosion or extreme lateral movement. He just runs and runs constantly getting to his spots. There was that 60 point 11 dribble game (or something like that). I don't think he'll score as much since they seem to be so loaded with guys like Jordan Poole averaging nearly 18 a game but I can definitely see 18-19 a game on really high efficiency with his usual smart defense.

Feels like it's a wrap for the league.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:55 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Does he really need to be at “pre-injury” levels to contribute or have a positive impact on an already highly competitive team?

I would predict if he can just get back on the floor for a few mins a game for 20 games would be a huge emotional lift. If he can be competitive and hit shots as a role player? How does it not make the Warriors a better team?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

I really do think he's going to be a reasonable facsimile of his previous self. The guy's game was never dependent on explosion or extreme lateral movement. He just runs and runs constantly getting to his spots. There was that 60 point 11 dribble game (or something like that). I don't think he'll score as much since they seem to be so loaded with guys like Jordan Poole averaging nearly 18 a game but I can definitely see 18-19 a game on really high efficiency with his usual smart defense.

Feels like it's a wrap for the league.

Yeah it won't matter. Steph has been a shell himself for several weeks yet they continue piling up wins against good teams. Klay's defense will take a hit, but does it really matter with all their wings?
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

THT pulling the classic tank your trade value before the trade deadline? Listen keep him at all costs. Lakers have absolutely no future once Lebron leaves, you need to keep any young guys with potential. THT knows what its like to have your name on the scouting report. Needs to improve this off season no doubt but keep the faith. You thought the lottery years were rough? Imagine that with hardly any picks
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Even the coach is struggling to find out what he does well.

https://twitter.com/ryanwardla/status/1478544712357326858?s=21
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Good game from him tonight.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

THT had his best 2-way game of the season. It's about time. Needed a good game from. Some of our young talent showed their ability in this game. THT 21 years old. Reaves 23. Monk 23.

37 minutes for Reaves
33 minutes for THT
23 for Reaves.

I didn't think Ariza was better than Stanley.

Re-sign Stanley. Get some minutes for Nunn. Now you have FIVE guys in your top 9 who are high motor young fresh legs for your older go to scorers of AD/Bron/WB/Melo. If you give the stars some young legs around them, it gives you some balance. And then you add a 10th man like Dwight, who is solid energy wise as well, you have a very solid team in terms of movement and all that. I'm not saying they win a title (No hopes here on my end for that) but at least they're watchable and look like they can move around the star players. That's part of being a good team.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Tick-tock, THT. January 15. Tick-tock.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
Tick-tock, THT. January 15. Tick-tock.

He’s not going anywhere. You haters gonna be sorely disappointed.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Great game tonight. Lets get some consistency going Talen.

Needs to work on his defense especially off ball on shooters.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
THT had his best 2-way game of the season. It's about time. Needed a good game from. Some of our young talent showed their ability in this game. THT 21 years old. Reaves 23. Monk 23.

37 minutes for Reaves
33 minutes for THT
23 for Reaves.

I didn't think Ariza was better than Stanley.

Re-sign Stanley. Get some minutes for Nunn. Now you have FIVE guys in your top 9 who are high motor young fresh legs for your older go to scorers of AD/Bron/WB/Melo. If you give the stars some young legs around them, it gives you some balance. And then you add a 10th man like Dwight, who is solid energy wise as well, you have a very solid team in terms of movement and all that. I'm not saying they win a title (No hopes here on my end for that) but at least they're watchable and look like they can move around the star players. That's part of being a good team.

THT best game in quite a while, for sure.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Very solid game.. Best game since probably those great back 2 back games when he first returned. You could see the confidence beaming once again early on after he made a couple shots.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject:

What i saw from him this game it looks as if a corner has been turnt.

This wasn't just some fluke oh talen got hot and was hitting shots. He was mixing it up in his bag against a great perimeter defender in Mitchell.

Dude is so skilled on offense when it all clicks.

I hope this trend continues because he was methodical in his approach this game. Last few games all he's done is put his head down and try to drive.

He was killing it from all around this game.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Good game tonight. Im actually feeling optimistic about him moving forward, since this was the first game he’s looked right since Covid protocols. I’m hoping he was just getting his wind back, and moving forward we see a more productive THT. Fingers crossed he doesn’t make me look dumb, lol.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Issue with THT is like Westbrook, he's only good or effective from the paint area near the layup line. He has a jumpshot from mid-range off one leg that can go for him, but in general he's always looking for that layup. You have to stagger THT and WB. Which is why I'd like to see Nunn start if he is halfway the defender they state he was in preseason. If he's decent, with AD's defense coming back, you have THT/Bradley/Reaves/Stanley/Melo off the bench (and Howard). No reason to rely on Westbrook as your PG at all. Let him focus on layups and scoring.

This of course is the "fan" in me, in reality I know it may be a year or two before THT could do this regularly. Which is why I'm still open to moving him, and happy he has games like this. Win win for the Lakers (Trade value considering).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Must have looked at the calendar…..Jan 15 is 11 days away….
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 168 of 202
Jump to: