Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1204, 1205, 1206 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Anthony sounded really excited about Darvin Ham. Frank Vogel caught a stray.

"For a guy who played the game, who understands the game, and to come in, he kind of knows, when you play in this league you kind of know, the ins and outs, a lot of guys who haven't." - Anthony Davis

Nobody respected Frank.

They did not need to when you have a mind like Rondo or Kidd translating for them between Frank and the players. The team nose dived the day rondo was traded. Even with injuries they were playing 500 ball which was enough. When he left everything fell out.

They traded Rondo to the Cavs for nothing. FO is just dumb.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:48 pm    Post subject:

We will see Davis. Big talk
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Has he picked up a basketball to start working on his shot yet?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Anthony sounded really excited about Darvin Ham. Frank Vogel caught a stray.

"For a guy who played the game, who understands the game, and to come in, he kind of knows, when you play in this league you kind of know, the ins and outs, a lot of guys who haven't." - Anthony Davis

Nobody respected Frank.

They did not need to when you have a mind like Rondo or Kidd translating for them between Frank and the players. The team nose dived the day rondo was traded. Even with injuries they were playing 500 ball which was enough. When he left everything fell out.

They traded Rondo to the Cavs for nothing. FO is just dumb.

They saved $4M in luxury tax by unloading Rondo. $4M is a lot of money for poor Jeanie. It must be killing her inside having to pay $47M to Westbrick this year. So much for penny pinching.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Yeah he is always just talk. Unless he ups his game (barring injuries) to the level of2020 Lakers are nothing.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
defense wrote:

Yeah he is always just talk. Unless he ups his game (barring injuries) to the level of2020 Lakers are nothing.

Yep. Plain and simple. It's super easy to assess him after having him for four seasons. Here it is:

1. He's a super-gifted player, especially defensively, with a laid back disposition.

2. He will never be a No.1 alpha because of fact No.1

3. He needs to be pushed

4. He's got a great personality that accepts responsibilty so he's easier to be pushed....by the right teammate

5. He is what he is.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
AD on his shooting: “A lot of people don’t know this but since January I was battling a wrist injury … it was tough for me to shoot how I wanted to shoot.” Said it feels “great” now.

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
AD on his shooting: “A lot of people don’t know this but since January I was battling a wrist injury … it was tough for me to shoot how I wanted to shoot.” Said it feels “great” now.

How about explain the horrible shooting before that? Dude was shooting like 18% from deep in December. What’s the explanation for suddenly being a subpar free throw shooter for the last two years? When the dude for his career was an 80% FT?

I know he was asked a question and he simply answered, but enough with this freaking excuses talk. Put up or shut up. Play like you really want it this time. It sickens that a player of AD’s can be the best player on the court anytime he feels like it, but more often than that, plays lackadaisical these days.

Tired of it.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject:

AD said Scottie Pippen had a great second day practice and “torched” Lebron AD and Russ and a few guys

How good is this guy ?
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
AD said Scottie Pippen had a great second day practice and “torched” Lebron AD and Russ and a few guys

How good is this guy ?

This tells me a lot about how bad that starting lineup is. The problem is mainly AD. I'll say it again if AD did not play with the same energy and skill he did on his first year the Lakers are crap. Westbrook is not going to change he can't space the floor and cannot play defense, but AD is what makes this team a top contender. Honestly it's very worrying to hear these comments.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

How good is this guy ?

Yet Ham still wants to start Russ. Go figure. I would just start Scottie over Russ. lol.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

How about explain the horrible shooting before that? Dude was shooting like 18% from deep in December. What’s the explanation for suddenly being a subpar free throw shooter for the last two years? When the dude for his career was an 80% FT?

I know he was asked a question and he simply answered, but enough with this freaking excuses talk. Put up or shut up. Play like you really want it this time. It sickens that a player of AD’s can be the best player on the court anytime he feels like it, but more often than that, plays lackadaisical these days.

Tired of it.

He is not that great of a shooter and shouldn't be shooting 3s, unless it's late game situations. The Lakers should have made him their 5 the moment they started to see Lebron played better at the 4 or 5. Now you add WB, it's a done deal, he has to be at the 5. At the 5 he doesn't have to shoot as many 3s but he chooses to settle for them. The 3 point shot should be AD's last option, not his first one. Both Lebron and AD fall in love with shooting 3s and played a lot of soft offense with Vogel (and Kidd). I think the only area I had an issue with Vogel was this. He didn't seem to get on AD/Lebron about the soft play. Both of them are guilty of it. That's why a guy like Rondo was so key, you could see him come into a game and get guys playing the right way (not to mention what he'd say to them on the bench).

I still think we miss that Kidd/Rondo combo with this team. I look at the staff and I look at the vets on the team, I don't think we have that IQ we need outside of Lebron. They feel it will be Ham, but I'm not sure he can do all those things. He has to manage the team, plus Westbrook. That's a lot in itself. Was hoping we added some vet PGs to the coaching staff for this.

Anyway this ultimately falls on the FO. They had no idea how they won a ring and forgot all the ingredients. They think it was the hard nosed defensive minded training camp of 2019. Yes that helped, but the reason the overall chemistry and results were that good were all the other parts of the puzzle too. Guys like Danny Green, Rondo. Kidd as an assistant. We just haven't replaced those guys. Rob just isn't good at what he does.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“I’m so excited that I’ve got goosebumps just thinking about this year,” Davis told Yahoo Sports this week. “I’m looking forward to a healthy year and doing what I know we can do.”

Having played in only 40 games due to injuries last season, and with the Lakers missing the playoffs altogether, the 29-year-old power forward said he’s on a mission to help lead the franchise to a bounce-back year.

“I went into this summer focusing on strengthening my body,” Davis told Yahoo Sports. “I have to be on the court and at my best to put us in position to be our best. I’m ready to do that.”

Head coach Darvin Ham will look to utilize the eight-time All-Star as the No. 1 offensive option to aid in minimizing the workload of four-time MVP LeBron James, who is entering his 20th season.

Davis said James, 37, has been in his ear about taking over the reins of the team, while the rest of the roster would follow his lead.

Being a dominant force on both ends of the court, the skill set is there. The question all along has been his durability.

LINK
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

I hope so too.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

AD says he has is starting the season with a chip on his shoulder.

How long will he be on IR with a shoulder chip?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Champ AD, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, let’s go
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:00 pm    Post subject:

lol, was thinking i've heard this before

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1575617770934312960
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:12 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
lol, was thinking i've heard this before

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1575617770934312960

In fairness, in their first season together AD was the team’s leading scorer. They won the championship. AD played in 36 games the following season and 40 last year. I do think the intention has always been to shift things towards AD but circumstances haven’t allowed it. We’ll see what happens with his availability this year.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject:

NBALatest update on Anthony Davis’ back injury, per Lakers head coach Darvin Ham

by Michael CorvoOctober 5, 202

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

AD update (Sat.)
Quote:
TDRock wrote:
PRACTICE & UPDATES

Per Goon

Anthony Davis participated in practice today; Juan Toscano-Anderson did not, working on his thigh injury. Dennis Schröder is now in market but going through physicals before jointing the team.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1578844316310548481?s=46&t=CcnPoFx8MyYcVon6bySGUw

Per McTen

Darvin Ham says Anthony Davis will be re-evaluated Sunday in Golden State and could play against the Warriors. He practiced Saturday. Juan Toscano-Anderson (thigh) was held out of practice for treatment.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1578844480400416769?s=46&t=CcnPoFx8MyYcVon6bySGUw
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject:

If this is the way AD going to play save my spot at the parade
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

His playmaking is awesome. Hopefully with a more predictable motion offense, he's able to make solid reads out of the post. The Frank Vogel offense had the hard doubles coming with nothing to relieve pressure

and the free throws look pure again
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:24 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Dwight won’t have his parade this time
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Good to see AD hitting some 3’s. I thought that he was timid defensively but he is just getting his legs under him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1204, 1205, 1206 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 1205 of 1427
Jump to: