Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1202, 1203, 1204 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Maybe KI can see him and AD leading the Lakers when LeBron is gone. They're buds right? And Kobe was their mentor. Can't say they'll win anything with their injury history but at least they'll be competitive

We aren’t competitive with bron and AD

You mean with Bron/AD hurt...
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Maybe KI can see him and AD leading the Lakers when LeBron is gone. They're buds right? And Kobe was their mentor. Can't say they'll win anything with their injury history but at least they'll be competitive

11-10 iirc last year but you are correct. They are always hurt.

Brons injuries are due to age so I suspect he won’t be healthier moving forward.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Brons injuries are due to age so I suspect he won’t be healthier moving forward.

Give me a better plan better than Bron/AD route... What realistic players out there are available that does not get hurt and gives you a better chance than those two?

Unless you're getting Curry/Giannis/Embiid/Luka then I'm not interested... Forget about getting young superstars for those guys too.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Give me a beater plan better than Bron/AD route... What realistic players out there are available that does not get hurt and gives you a better chance than those two?

That wasn’t my post. You pointed out we wouldn’t win with ki/ad. I love Kyrie. Has been one of my favorite players since his day 1.

I love the idea of ki/ad. My perfect world is bron/russ for kyrie/Ben. I think it would be easy to build a champ around those two.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Give me a beater plan better than Bron/AD route... What realistic players out there are available that does not get hurt and gives you a better chance than those two?

That wasn’t my post. You pointed out we wouldn’t win with ki/ad. I love Kyrie. Has been one of my favorite players since his day 1.

I love the idea of ki/ad. My perfect world is bron/russ for kyrie/Ben. I think it would be easy to build a champ around those two.

Like I said... Would love KI paired up with Bron. I think those two are at their best together... Kyrie has not proven anything since he left Lebron... He has only hurt his image and have not accomplished much... You think KI/Simmons can build you a contender? Nothing about Simmons right now tells you his a contender.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Like I said... Would love KI paired up with Bron. I think those two are at their best together... Kyrie has not proven anything since he left Lebron... He has only hurt his image and have not accomplished much... You think KI/Simmons can build you a contender? Nothing about Simmons right now tells you his a contender.

Ad/ki you can build a Champ around, Ben would be a nice piece next to AD.

The bron/ki you are talking about is a lifetime ago. Bron is old and broken down. But adding KI gives us a punchers chance.

I am all about it.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

The bron/ki you are talking about is a lifetime ago. Bron is old and broken down. But adding KI gives us a punchers chance.

I am all about it.

Ben is young and also starting to breakdown with all his back issues... Also got a broken shot and shrinks big time right now during the playoffs... KI/Simmons is as broken down as Bron/AD... I'll take Bron over Simmons at this point even at 37... Simmons has a lot of proving to do just to get back to the player he was once.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

I am all about it.

Ben is young and also starting to breakdown with all his back issues... Also got a broken shot and shrinks big time right now during the playoffs... KI/Simmons is as broken down as Bron/AD... I'll take Bron over Simmons at this point even at 37... Simmons has a lot of proving to do just to get back to the player he was once.

I respect that
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Heard Rob say AD is really having an incredible offseason training. I feel this could be a big year for AD. I think the last 2 years he tried some things to try to reinvent his game like getting bigger and sometimes when a player does that it backfires. Now he knows what works and what doesn’t. And I believe it’s going to pay dividends.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

I’d say it’s the load he’s had to take with AD missing so many games. Having the ability to have two of three of bron/AD and Irving on the court should keep his minutes and wear and tear down
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:36 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

I’d say it’s the load he’s had to take with AD missing so many games. Having the ability to have two of three of bron/AD and Irving on the court should keep his minutes and wear and tear down

Yeah, simply saying it's purely due to age and he won't be healthier moving forward is pretty short sided and ignoring the many other issues that were going on as well imo.

When you have a 37 y/o with a massive amount of mileage having to go for near 40 point triple dubs to have a chance to win against even the lottery of the NBA it probably wont end with a good outcome. Is age a concern? Of course but with legitimate help such as Kyrie if he can give the old man a breather for stretches of games that's already a world of help over anything Russ ever brought.

Bron absolutely can't carry a team all by himself for a full Season like he used to but he can absolutely still be elite with some actual help. If Kyrie and AD play a decent amount of games I actually like the chances of Bron staying healthy enough for a Playoff run. No doubt these 3 all have there concerns but that's always the danger with a big 3 model whether they are all in there prime or not is that the depth is likely going to be extremely limited so those big 3 can't miss massive chunks of games or else it's going to put that much more stress on whoever is healthy to make up for the huge talent deficiency that is missing.

Last Season we had a guy putting up historically bad numbers while being the highest paid player on the team. That simply can't happen on any roster if your goal is to actually win.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Heard Rob say AD is really having an incredible offseason training. I feel this could be a big year for AD. I think the last 2 years he tried some things to try to reinvent his game like getting bigger and sometimes when a player does that it backfires. Now he knows what works and what doesn’t. And I believe it’s going to pay dividends.

I want to believe this. I really do.

AD is such an amazing talent, there really is nothing he cannot do on the basketball court.

That said, he doesn't strike me as a guy who is driven to get better and that burns with a lot of inner fire.

He needs to have a big season this year to show that he is still Anthony Davis and not damaged goods on the decline.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1546265015455338498?s=21&t=pYoUbFuvdp7Wq_X8R2NIgg
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/LethalShooter__/status/1547247091084189698?s=20&t=oio4LbmQo3KCspSSUxfNAw

45% 3pt FG ... LETS GO!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject:

Hmm. Kind of a slow release with a hitch?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

My thought as well. Better be wide open if he’s going to take a full beat before going into his motion. But we shouldn’t over analyze a short video of a shooting drill.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

SARCASM
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

My thought as well. Better be wide open if he’s going to take a full beat before going into his motion. But we shouldn’t over analyze a short video of a shooting drill.

Definitely.
I'd rather he just focus on his c&s 3s.
Be the same AD with a c&s 3 and he'll be back in the top 10 Convo and the team will have success.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/giannis_an34/status/1553490278736183302?s=21

Your move AD.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Your move AD.

100%
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Your move AD.

Nah AD doesn’t have the mentality to be a top 3 player like Giannis.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Your move AD.

What? You want AD to put on all muscle again which we already know doesn't help? Trying to get AD to 'outmuscle' Giannis would be one of the worst things they could ask of him. Have AD focus on his strengths, his ability on the block and his defense, timing, mid range, reflexes and speed. That's what makes him great.

Trying to get him to "Bulk Up" is NOT the way to go... last season proved that already.

dabask11 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Your move AD.

Nah AD doesn’t have the mentality to be a top 3 player like Giannis.

Outside of Giannis and Kevin Durant, AD is the best Power Forward in the league. And as a two-way player at that position is arguably the best if not top 2 with him and Giannis. So what are you talking about?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject:

AD still owes us a 2nd ring. Then it would make us the winner in the AD trade. Holding him to it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
AD still owes us a 2nd ring. Then it would make us the winner in the AD trade. Holding him to it.

Both teams won the trade. Pels don’t have championship or bust aspirations so they got a lot of pieces. Lakers got a championship. Rare win/win.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:34 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Outside of Giannis and Kevin Durant, AD is the best Power Forward in the league. And as a two-way player at that position is arguably the best if not top 2 with him and Giannis. So what are you talking about?

Only if you keep it to two-way power forwards.

I'm talking about overall players. I never said anything about power forwards.

KD and Giannis would still be arguably top 3 in the league if you included players like Jokic, Curry and Luka into the discussion.

AD wouldn't be in the conversation right now if you included such players.

Giannis is a level above AD because he has that Kobe mentality/heart unlike AD. That doesn't mean AD couldn't be helpful in winning another championship. Trying to make him into something he's not is just asking for trouble.

Pau Gasol was still valuable in our championship runs despite being a level below Tim Duncan.

AD is a Robin. There's no point in comparing him to a Batman like Giannis until he shows otherwise.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1202, 1203, 1204 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1203 of 1425
Jump to: