Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1054, 1055, 1056 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:03 am    Post subject:

groin injury? I don't know what to say.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:22 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

He clearly mentioned it in post match presser. And he also said he will wait how it will feel today and if he will play b2b vs Rockets.
Man if he is going to miss games again its disastrous for our season.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:21 am    Post subject:

He hurt his groin the game before last. You could see him grab it a couple of times in the previous game and then again tonight.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

How’s his reads of double teams so far?
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

He clearly mentioned it in post match presser. And he also said he will wait how it will feel today and if he will play b2b vs Rockets.
Man if he is going to miss games again its disastrous for our season.

We should be able to take care of the Rockets w/o AD. Especially if Bron is back for that game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

Playoff AD exists. We saw it last year. I think people are discounting the Lakers way too much.

Look at how he locked down Jules in OT when it was go time.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Playoff AD exists. We saw it last year. I think people are discounting the Lakers way too much.

He absolutely gave Julius the clamps later on.

Look at this:

https://streamable.com/y9ubla
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He absolutely gave Julius the clamps later on.

Look at this:

https://streamable.com/y9ubla

Highlights the value of AD - A clutch stop down the stretch is as good as a clutch shot.

Was impressed that JR was able to score as easily as he did vs. AD during regulation but that defensive play is when it mattered.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

IDK abut you guys but I would sit him tonight....if you can't beat a completely depleted Houston team without AD...I don't know what to say. Rest the groin...no B2B...and hopefully be ready to go Friday.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

I agree he should rest the groin. Let's not chance it the way this season has gone so far.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

If Lebron does return to play tonight, then resting AD is a no-brainer. He played heavy minutes last night and you don't mess around with groin injuries.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

bertrome wrote:
If Lebron does return to play tonight, then resting AD is a no-brainer. He played heavy minutes last night and you don't mess around with groin injuries.

This.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

its unfortunate this 27 year old super star in his prime is so injury-prone. either bad luck follows him or he's just dare i say soft? last night, AD shown no aggression at all when the game is one the line, he was totally fine with THT dominating the ball and making plays, not the ingredient as our alpha dog once LeBron hangs it up.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
its unfortunate this 27 year old super star in his prime is so injury-prone. either bad luck follows him or he's just dare i say soft? last night, AD shown no aggression at all when the game is one the line, he was totally fine with THT dominating the ball and making plays, not the ingredient as our alpha dog once LeBron hangs it up.

I saw a ton of aggression on the defensive end.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Yeah, i'm not sure how anyone can call him soft honestly.. He's not a huge guy like say a Giannis or Embiid so it makes sense he doesn't want to bang in the paint all game in a long season. He can and still will drive or go all out late in games or once we get in the Playoffs which we saw to the tune of a Championship banner just last season. There are times it's frustrating that he isn't driving more but lately the defenses have been throwing 2-3 guys at him nearly all game with the other guys rarely cutting or doing much off the ball movement. I thought he actually made some fantastic reads when guys did cut ala Wes late in the last game. He's getting much better at reading the double teams but is still not great. He's still a big at the end of the day and he was getting double to triple teamed so realistically it's a bit tough for him when nobody on the floor can make a consistent pass to him whatsoever. THT deserves all the credit for seeing this and making the Knicks pay for giving so much attention to AD.

He was also clearly playing through the injury through all of overtime so instead of being negative I love the fact he played through it and helped us gut out the win with some incredible defensive sequences late that you wont be seeing no other bigs in the NBA do. Not even Giannis can go from inside to the perimeter and still be all time level elite. He had a rough shooting night but make no mistake he played like a Superstar still and had a great game imo. Some of those defensive stops are a few of my favorite highlights from this entire season.

Just like ESPN you see these talking heads saying he wont make it through the Playoffs which is ridiculous and pretty disrespectful to a dude that just absolutely dominated an entire Playoff run a season ago.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

AD is out tonight against the Rockets because of groin soreness. Hopefully this isn't another major lingering injury for AD...
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Dropping like flies. Not our year.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
Dropping like flies. Not our year.

Yup. If our 2 main guys can't stay healthy it's just a matter of time.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Glass man Davis, hope he gets well.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject:

there is zero reason for ad to play through pain right now.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Davis out again! This is getting ridiculous.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
How’s his reads of double teams so far?

Better but still not good enough. Drummond for example is much better and LeBron welcomes doubles.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Yeah, i'm not sure how anyone can call him soft honestly.. He's not a huge guy like say a Giannis or Embiid so it makes sense he doesn't want to bang in the paint all game in a long season. He can and still will drive or go all out late in games or once we get in the Playoffs which we saw to the tune of a Championship banner just last season. There are times it's frustrating that he isn't driving more but lately the defenses have been throwing 2-3 guys at him nearly all game with the other guys rarely cutting or doing much off the ball movement. I thought he actually made some fantastic reads when guys did cut ala Wes late in the last game. He's getting much better at reading the double teams but is still not great. He's still a big at the end of the day and he was getting double to triple teamed so realistically it's a bit tough for him when nobody on the floor can make a consistent pass to him whatsoever. THT deserves all the credit for seeing this and making the Knicks pay for giving so much attention to AD.

He was also clearly playing through the injury through all of overtime so instead of being negative I love the fact he played through it and helped us gut out the win with some incredible defensive sequences late that you wont be seeing no other bigs in the NBA do. Not even Giannis can go from inside to the perimeter and still be all time level elite. He had a rough shooting night but make no mistake he played like a Superstar still and had a great game imo. Some of those defensive stops are a few of my favorite highlights from this entire season.

Just like ESPN you see these talking heads saying he wont make it through the Playoffs which is ridiculous and pretty disrespectful to a dude that just absolutely dominated an entire Playoff run a season ago.

AD does have the habit of playing soft. He’s not a soft player but we all know what aggressive AD looks like and what “I’m only going to take jumpers and fake injury” AD looks like.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject:

Glad to see AD starting to take his leadership role on this team to the next level, albeit baby steps
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject:

A locked in AD is an elite 2 way player. I think people are forgetting his ability to absolutely shut down a team on defense, from shutting down a big to chasing down a perimeter player on a switch. Dude is a unicorn.

Only issue is his somewhat fragile body.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1054, 1055, 1056 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1055 of 1425
Jump to: