Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1138, 1139, 1140 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
First let's understand that AD's injury was a player getting pushed (by Lebron) into his legs. Lucky it wasn't season ending. Embiid, Butler, Kyrie and Kawaii have been less available. Embiid even skipping the first two seasons when he played in zero games. Kevin Durant is out with the same injury that AD has. More players miss time than you realize, we just don't pay as close attention. Lebron is also a freak, though it is catching up with him the past few years.

They are not trading AD unless a superstar comes in return. Last year until LBJ got hurt, they were doing OK and would have been great with AD playing more. Pelinka should not have given up on his vision for last year by dumping three rotation players for Westbrook. It wasn't a coincidence that he sat for a large portion of the fourth. His dunk was awesome and fired up the crowd, but otherwise another transparent game from him. For a super max player, not really playing like one.

last year- AD was hurt during post season. not a surprise.
When he was healthy this year without Bron he couldn't carry us.
The reality is he's always dinged, always falling I cant believe he will get healthier as he gets older or become a natural 1a.

His trade value is probably at its highest right now. Has years on contract and is young. i have to believe another team is willing to part with their star for ours. i know he's not good enough to get Ja, Luka, Freak but his level is tatum.

AD for JT + pick? Tatum would be better for lakers. IMHO

I would settle for Jaylen Brown and a pick.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Halflife wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
First let's understand that AD's injury was a player getting pushed (by Lebron) into his legs. Lucky it wasn't season ending. Embiid, Butler, Kyrie and Kawaii have been less available. Embiid even skipping the first two seasons when he played in zero games. Kevin Durant is out with the same injury that AD has. More players miss time than you realize, we just don't pay as close attention. Lebron is also a freak, though it is catching up with him the past few years.

They are not trading AD unless a superstar comes in return. Last year until LBJ got hurt, they were doing OK and would have been great with AD playing more. Pelinka should not have given up on his vision for last year by dumping three rotation players for Westbrook. It wasn't a coincidence that he sat for a large portion of the fourth. His dunk was awesome and fired up the crowd, but otherwise another transparent game from him. For a super max player, not really playing like one.

The reality is he's always dinged, always falling I cant believe he will get healthier as he gets older or become a natural 1a.

His trade value is probably at its highest right now. Has years on contract and is young. i have to believe another team is willing to part with their star for ours. i know he's not good enough to get Ja, Luka, Freak but his level is tatum.

seriously? Has AD's value diminished that much?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Halflife wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

You are completely out of your mind then
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:28 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Halflife wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

If there was some magic wand where AD netted us Jaylen and Ben then yes, but Tatum is next level.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Halflife wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Tatum + Robert Williams will do it for me
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Halflife wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Not sure if AD nets Tatum unfortunately, not to mention their age difference too
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Halflife wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Not sure if AD nets Tatum unfortunately, not to mention their age difference too

so you're telling me Anthony Davis cant get us tatum? Who can he net? he's in his 20s, under contract....he's tall.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

ESPN's rankings has AD at #9 and Tatum at #14. Davis is 4 years older and has an injury history but they are 23 and 27, neither guy is old. That probably makes them about equal value players.

A healthy and motivated AD like the one we saw two years ago is significantly better than Tatum.

Tatum is having a bad season though which likely hurts his value just as AD's injury hurts his. The Celts are on the outside looking in with the playoff picture and Tatum is shooting under 42% from the field and just 32% from three while taking 8 attempts per game from there.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject:

davis is top 10 talent when healthy
Tatum is not
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Tatum is not

tatum is. top 10 and AD isnt healthy
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Tatum is not

In most top 20 rankings I see they are generally two or three spots apart. Sometimes Tatum is ahead of AD and sometimes AD is ahead of Tatum. I'd say they share the same talent tier.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject:

AD is a more meaningful player on both ends than Tatum and it isn't even close. Especially in the playoffs.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
AD is a more meaningful player on both ends than Tatum and it isn't even close. Especially in the playoffs.

with lebron. wouldn't tatum be nice next to Lebron? I imagine if the opportunity was there AD for tatum that most people would do it.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Tatum>>>>AD at this point. Tatum is younger, more durable, kobe-esq work ethic and mental toughness. As a defender, Tatum got all the tools, lanky yet string body frame with long arms, it’s just matter of focus for Tatum to become better on defense. I’d take Tatum for AD any day, but doubt the Celtics would do it tho, AD’s value has been plummeting.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:

with lebron. wouldn't tatum be nice next to Lebron? I imagine if the opportunity was there AD for tatum that most people would do it.

Oh no way. While I agree AD can play better than he has at the start the year, his two way impact is very understated on this board. The defense should improve once he returns because our team defense is better than it was at the start of the season.

Also, aside from his jumpshot %, AD was still putting up great numbers. If that's him playing bad, I take AD over Tatum.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject:

I'd take Tatum mostly for availability.. Not many times I can recall not being worried multiple times every single week during the season if not nearly every game where it looks like he might be *really* hurt. It's honestly growing old especially when Bron is our best player and father time is finally starting to catch up to him so he's not as indestructible as he looked for the majority of his earlier career.

AD is the better player obviously but when you factor in health (availability) and that Tatum is younger it starts tilting the scale a good amount in the opposite direction imo.

I don't think either team does the trade anyways especially the Celtics since AD and his dad basically stuck there middle finger up at them (I liked it and agree with it but I doubt they did).

We just have to hope AD comes back with full on focus to dominate on both ends whether his outside shot is falling or not and that he can remain healthy for the rest of the season and into the Playoffs this year to have any remote chance of being any good this year.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:

Oh no way. While I agree AD can play better than he has at the start the year, his two way impact is very understated on this board. The defense should improve once he returns because our team defense is better than it was at the start of the season.

Also, aside from his jumpshot %, AD was still putting up great numbers. If that's him playing bad, I take AD over Tatum.

he couldn't carry us when bron was down. So like everyone says about russ, AD's numbers were hollow.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis ‘Not That Close’ To Returning; Engaged In ‘Light Shooting’ Before Loss To Pacers

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-news-anthony-davis-not-that-close-to-returning-engaged-in-light-shooting-before-loss-to-pacers/2022/01/20/
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Anthony Davis ‘Not That Close’ To Returning; Engaged In ‘Light Shooting’ Before Loss To Pacers

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-news-anthony-davis-not-that-close-to-returning-engaged-in-light-shooting-before-loss-to-pacers/2022/01/20/

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject:

really, Tatum? 25 points on 53% TS, no leadership, no playmaking, chucks jumpers all day, passive. it's like taking all of AD's worst qualities, then taking away his defensive value
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
pio2u wrote:

He saw the (bleep) show and said nah I’ll stay in street clothes and collect my paycheck.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Halflife wrote:
pio2u wrote:

He saw the (bleep) show and said nah I’ll stay in street clothes and collect my paycheck.

pretty much.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Tatum is not

Tatum is #14 per ESPN.... And that was before the season. He's had a bad season. That will certainly slide next year.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Halflife wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Got paid, no sense of urgency of winning or getting paid.

This is the reason I would trade him out for Tatum + Robert Williams

His hunger to win is gone after getting paid
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Tatum is not

Tatum is #14 per ESPN.... And that was before the season. He's had a bad season. That will certainly slide next year.

we all have opinions. i hold his game and the way he plays in high regard. Same with booker. Ja way before the hype.

tatum has more to grow and I think will. I think AD today is exactly who he will always be. Ding prone. Shows amazing flashes. Isnt a 1A. Cant carry a team. And IMHO doesn't really come across like he wants to.

Compare that to the 3 above. They want to be the guy. improve. etc.

Think about book playing with a broken nose. the next game. AD falls after minimal contact a lot and acts like he got shot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1138, 1139, 1140 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next
Page 1139 of 1433
Jump to: