Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1107, 1108, 1109 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject:

AD is fine. The problem is the shots aren't falling right now. Imagine if Curry's 3s weren't falling. Same scenario.

He'll eventually shoot out of his slump and Lakers will be coasting.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

CHUCK TO AD:
“You gotta play better, you’re supposed to be top 5 in the league. 27 years old in your Prime”

LINK

🥱🥱🥱
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
AD is fine. The problem is the shots aren't falling right now. Imagine if Curry's 3s weren't falling. Same scenario.

He'll eventually shoot out of his slump and Lakers will be coasting.

I agree, I can't wait to see AD getting back to shooting like Curry!
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Yea who needs the paint when you can have logo AD
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
CHUCK TO AD:
“You gotta play better, you’re supposed to be top 5 in the league. 27 years old in your Prime”

LINK

🥱🥱🥱

yup. and his rant on vogel is 100
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe it. Anthony Davis did not shoot a 3 pointer. Lebron only took 5. As a team, it was almost mid-way 4th and we had 19 three pointers up, only.

For the love of god, someone needs to show these guys on tape how much better they are closer to the basket, than they are playing soft and trying to show everyone how they can shoot. That is what the defense wants.

Let Melo, Ellington, THT and Bradley go 0-5, 0-7 from 3. AD and Bron's job is to get doubles and kick out/find the open man or shoot themselves. Not be shooting 3 pointers themselves as floor spacers as if they are role players.

Probably was our best game as a team where AD played the 5. Other games were ok, the wins as well. This was actually a game where you could see the clear benefits. Because Boston was so worried about AD rolling and being a presence off the ball around the basket, they kept a body on him (sometimes more). This opened up a lot for Bron/Westbrook.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Wait till we get Ariza back. And there is that much more defense and floor spacing.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Nice game from AD paying center. Double-Double. 17 points, 16 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks. (+17) and no three point attempts.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:02 am    Post subject:

17 pts and 16 reb....good game, AD.

If he played the 1st half like the 2nd, then he'd have himself a 40-20 game.

Remember when he used to put up those numbers?

Dude was putting up 50-15 games like they were nothing 4 years ago with the Pelicans. I'd see 40-20 games from AD routinely in my fantasy feed during those years. The last time AD put up anything close to those numbers was his first year as a Laker against his former team. Isn't that why we traded for him? Mortgaging our assets and our future? He helped us with one chip but will we ever see that dominant AD again? Hopeful but doubtful for me.

Kiss my Converse.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:11 am    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:

Dude was putting up 50-15 games like they were nothing 4 years ago with the Pelicans. I'd see 40-20 games from AD routinely in my fantasy feed during those years. The last time AD put up anything close to those numbers was his first year as a Laker against his former team. Isn't that why we traded for him? Mortgaging our assets and our future? He helped us with one chip but will we ever see that dominant AD again? Hopeful but doubtful for me.

I’m hopeful you’ll see beast AD more regularly in the playoffs. He might be pacing himself to avoid injury.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject:

Tale of 2 halves, man he got his butt handed to him in the first then AD turned the table around in the second!!! But is it me or he still look kinda out of shape or something is wrong with him, the whole season
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

<snip>
For the love of god, someone needs to show these guys on tape how much better they are closer to the basket, than they are playing soft and trying to show everyone how they can shoot. That is what the defense wants.

Sure, agree whole-heartedly, but the other side of the coin is how important it is for there to be at least 2 knock-down shooters (who can also defend) on the floor with them giving Lebron & Westbrook room to operate in the lane. While we played better this game (particularly on defense), I'm still not convinced that the current team-makeup is optimal. Hopefully Ariza helps.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:

Harder to put those kind of numbers up when you're sharing the ball with LeBron and Westbrook. Not enough shots.

The main thing here is winning games. Last night our big 3 had a balanced effort and got a W, that's what matters
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

We should thank Charles Barkley for that win! Finally someone says something! That’s what needed to happen but it needed to be from our team, like rondo or bron. It’s clear he’s been soft and not playing well. Forget shots not falling, he just hasn’t been aggressive. I don’t care if he goes 0/10…just be aggressive and show some damn heart! You know he saw or heard about chucks rant.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

The problem I have with AD is he plays too damn far from the basket.

Yes I know u want to shoot the 3 ball. I know u use to be a PG before your growth spurt.

If AD can just anchor 10 ft and closer in the paint and focus on getting 14-15 reb a game and 2-3 blks

This Laker team would be a .700 team.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

Yes I know u want to shoot the 3 ball. I know u use to be a PG before your growth spurt.

If AD can just anchor 10 ft and closer in the paint and focus on getting 14-15 reb a game and 2-3 blks

Totally agree. When he plays inside or in the pick and roll, that is where he is at his best. Shooting mid range is ok when he's open but anything further out just gets annoying.

I agree, when you spend a lot of time camping outside, you can't get rebounds....when you play inside, you can get them.....he did some of that yesterday...I will take the 16 rebounds but I agree, he should have 12-15 rebounds and 2-3 blocks every single game.

The good thing, he did acknowledge in the post game that he wasn't bringing it....

but, he is young, he's in his prime, time to stop loafing it.

I wouldn't trade him though......Unless you are getting a talent like Jokic back.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

I will never stop laughing at people thinking AD not "taking it to the rack" is a function of him not feeling like it and not, say, the near absence of driving lanes when Vogel goes a "5-in" lineup where Bradley, THT and Westbrook are all getting sagged off of. Or the fact Vogel hasn't figured out how to beat a double team in 2+ years. Could it also be fatigue from playing with zero good defenders and having to cover corner to corner sometimes?

Nah...he's just being lazv and not wanting it enough!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

AD leads the league in points in paint, the problem is he doesn’t look as athletic as peak bubble
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

Harder to put those kind of numbers up when you're sharing the ball with LeBron and Westbrook. Not enough shots.

The main thing here is winning games. Last night our big 3 had a balanced effort and got a W, that's what matters

Nah, we need him to step up so that LBJ does not have to carry the team all season. And I believe fans would feel more secure if we see AD at the primary/ secondary option, instead of RW.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

sit ur ass down if you are not interested in playing the game
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:

You guys think Jeannie and Pelinka have the guts to listen to trade offers if he keeps playing lazy and uninterested?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

That muscle he put on was really inadvisable. His athleticism for his size is what separated him as a player and now he doesn't have it.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:

You guys think Jeannie and Pelinka have the guts to listen to trade offers if he keeps playing lazy and uninterested?

I don't think he's either of those things. He's slower because he added too much weight. There's also less spacing than last year, and last year's team had a spacing problem. Recipe for a lot of jumpers.

Honestly, a smart team would be wise to try to get him. They'll put him in an offense that makes sense, isn't run by a total dolt, and get him to slim back down. And we'll think it's merely because he's "not in a laker uniform" anymore.

Last edited by pjiddy on Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
That muscle he put on was really inadvisable. His athleticism for his size is what separated him as a player and now he doesn't have it.

the added muscle took away his desire to hustle & play ball or defend...
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

AD is not "that guy".

Compare him to previous Lakers players who got max contracts. He's nowhere near their levels.

I honestly would even take prime Pau over our current 27 year old AD.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1107, 1108, 1109 ... 1431, 1432, 1433  Next
Page 1108 of 1433
Jump to: