Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1090, 1091, 1092 ... 1430, 1431, 1432  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

AD at the 4 is like playing with one hand tied behind the back.

For the life of me I don't understand why he doesn't sack up and just move the 5 full time.

It's not like this is the NBA of old where you have monster Cs who will smack him around.

We're making this harder than this needs to be.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
35 points, 17 boards, 4 blocks, 4 assists, leads the team to a win on the road, and Laker fans say "Decent".

No, we're not spoiled.

Overall, I like he fought through adversity. Did not accept the L. It looked like it was coming. Strong 4th. I am worried about that knee. It looked like he tore his ACL or something. I just don't get AD.

Whatever we do, we need to rest him tomorrow. And get that knee MRI'ed ASAP. No risks.

15/31 the field, just too many fade aways

You’re ignoring his contemporaries like Lillard, Harden, and Luka. All are shooting bad because they are getting field goal attempts on the stat sheet over free throws. And really I’m not even mad about some of his misses.

He missed a lob right after hurting his leg. Missed a putback dunk in traffic. Missed a fade away when his ankle rolled. Missed a rondo lob. Missed some other ones in traffic. His misses were all from him fighting and trying to complete plays
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

AD is a walking injury - praying that knee doesn’t end up being a problem

He played big boy basketball today - led the team and showed great toughness. That’s what we need from him, guy is in his prime he needs to be beasting fools every night.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Just get this guy to the postseason healthy and through them healthy. He's a top 3-5 player in the league. The pundits putting him lower have a complete disregard for the defensive side of the ball.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

AD through 4: 28 points, 12.5 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 3 blocks, 0.5 steals, 1.3 turnovers in 38.3 minutes.

His career high in blocks is 2.9 and his career high in rebounding is 12.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
35 points, 17 boards, 4 blocks, 4 assists, leads the team to a win on the road, and Laker fans say "Decent".

No, we're not spoiled.

Overall, I like he fought through adversity. Did not accept the L. It looked like it was coming. Strong 4th. I am worried about that knee. It looked like he tore his ACL or something. I just don't get AD.

Whatever we do, we need to rest him tomorrow. And get that knee MRI'ed ASAP. No risks.

You’re ignoring his contemporaries like Lillard, Harden, and Luka. All are shooting bad because they are getting field goal attempts on the stat sheet over free throws. And really I’m not even mad about some of his misses.

He missed a lob right after hurting his leg. Missed a putback dunk in traffic. Missed a fade away when his ankle rolled. Missed a rondo lob. Missed some other ones in traffic. His misses were all from him fighting and trying to complete plays

They are guards
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

No, we're not spoiled.

They are guards

LOL, one attempt from shooting 50%. He was DOMINANT. Stop it with the downplaying.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

AD injury compilation

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject:

Great game. And this is him at 75% or so.

AD ON THE WAY!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Great game. And this is him at 75% or so.

AD ON THE WAY!

Werd, feel like there’s still another gear to go. I remember he was flying to swat layups a lot more in the bubble, expecting an MVP/DPOY level from big dawg
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

He is like a walking accident waiting to happen. The play where he hurt his ankle appeared to be routine but he puts his legs in a position where he rolls the ankle on the jump. It is apparent he has worked on his upper body strength but he keeps having lower extremity problems. Yoga, pilates, he needs to change his fitness routine to sustain being a superstar in the next few years.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
He is like a walking accident waiting to happen. The play where he hurt his ankle appeared to be routine but he puts his legs in a position where he rolls the ankle on the jump. It is apparent he has worked on his upper body strength but he keeps having lower extremity problems. Yoga, pilates, he needs to change his fitness routine to sustain being a superstar in the next few years.

The play where he went down in the 4th? Thought he bang knee
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Never been a fan of AD's skillset, but I've always appreciated his contribution during the bubble C'ship run. Just too fragile and inconsistent to my liking.

But if the last game was the turning point in him becoming more aggressive and realising his potential in his prime, then I can become a fan.

Still clinging on to some hope we can get championship AD back this season. Him and Russ as a duo ain't half bad
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

While AD had a good game, my takeaway is that this confirmed that’s he’s not a #1 player. He doesn’t have an alpha mentality. I saw no fire from him. No anger. No leadership. At least Russ got pissed and ejected. AD will have to be partnered with another player in the future. He’s a great 1b/2 option. Kobe or Bron would never be a part of a game like tonight
BotPoster24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
While AD had a good game, my takeaway is that this confirmed that’s he’s not a #1 player. He doesn’t have an alpha mentality. I saw no fire from him. No anger. No leadership. At least Russ got pissed and ejected. AD will have to be partnered with another player in the future. He’s a great 1b/2 option. Kobe or Bron would never be a part of a game like tonight

AD gets a lot of praise for his versatility and rightfully so, he is very versatile. He does a lot of things well and better than he should at his size on the offensive end. My issue has always been that I don't think he is great in any of those areas, and that is why I never felt he was a true #1.

What makes him greater than others in that tier is the defensive side of the ball. He might be the greatest second option of all time and when he's hot from mid-range, he makes you think he is all-world.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
AD at the 4 is like playing with one hand tied behind the back.

For the life of me I don't understand why he doesn't sack up and just move the 5 full time.

It's not like this is the NBA of old where you have monster Cs who will smack him around.

We're making this harder than this needs to be.

I think AD is worried about getting injured down low in the key. Too much traffic and he can step on someone's foot and twist an ankle or somehow injure one of his fat assed shoulders. For someone with thick shoulders, he sure seems to grab his shoulders alot for some reason. I think he feels that if he can stay outside and lob up shots, he'll avoid stepping on someone's foot or having someone bang into him.

For AD to be truly effective, he needs to play like the Greek Freak, who has no fear going to the rim. AD plays like he's scared of contact, and it shows.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

AD def bulked up. And it feels like he's much slower out there as a result.

But then he doesn't want to play 5 full time. Which is it AD?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

sure he bulked up, but he still has a weak base, falls down way too easily, he still with those skinny and fragile ankles, the added weight would definitely have negative impact on his ankles.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

He won't play the 5 because he's afraid to. This is why Pelinka brought in two bangers in Dwight and DeAndre. All Rob's talk about AD playing more of the 5 this season was just fan-placation.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He won't play the 5 because he's afraid to. This is why Pelinka brought in two bangers in Dwight and DeAndre. All Rob's talk about AD playing more of the 5 this season was just fan-placation.

that's the thing i'm puzzling at, there no Shaq, Mutombo, Ewing, Olajuwon, Zo Morning in this league anymore, what's AD afraid of? going against Ayton, a perimeter oriented Jokic?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

that's the thing i'm puzzling at, there no Shaq, Mutombo, Ewing, Olajuwon, Zo Morning in this league anymore, what's AD afraid of? going against Ayton, a perimeter oriented Jokic?

Foot traffic and banging his weak knees/legs. Many of AD's injuries (and Lebron's, which I think AD pays attention to, too) have come from him stepping on someone's foot and turning his ankle. He has also collided knees with other players, and Lebron has had players fall into his leg. In addition, AD was hurt when an opposing player came down on one of his huge shoulders. By shooting 15-22 footers, AD thinks he can minimize his chances of getting one of those injuries he or Lebron has had in the past.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

AD at the 5 has had a bad net rating so far.

https://twitter.com/forumbluegold/status/1453734597246681103?s=20

It's not AD, it's the players around him.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

I just dont understand AD... When he is down low he scores... When he gets offensive rebounds... he scores... Yet he always drifts away to the 3 point line late in games. Makes no sense
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

AD is trying to preserve himself. Keep the banging and bumping to a minimum this early in the season. If he’s still doing this in March then I’ll be worried…
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
I just dont understand AD... When he is down low he scores... When he gets offensive rebounds... he scores... Yet he always drifts away to the 3 point line late in games. Makes no sense

You are 100% accurate...Yesterday's loss is on AD...when it was a 6 point game in the 4th with a few minutes left what does AD do? Shoots a 15 footer from the baseline, Shoots a 3, shoots another 15 footer from the corner of the key? What the hell is he doing!!!!! Post up, demand the ball and go to work....he's unstoppable in there but for some reason (I call it soft) he feels the need to shoot J's.....Just stop!!!! You're not a good shooter...you're not Dirk from the perimeter....Not close...Bang like the big boys...stop being a wuss. AD is a lot like Rasheed was...Sheed could hit 3's at times but when he needed a bucket he went inside and in his prime was close to automatic....AD is better than Sheed but refuses to get in the pain and dominate. Until he does it's the same old broken record.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1090, 1091, 1092 ... 1430, 1431, 1432  Next
Page 1091 of 1432
Jump to: