Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Why start Ariza for 4 straight games then decide he not good enough to even play off the bench
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:03 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Why start Ariza for 4 straight games then decide he not good enough to even play off the bench

Yea Vogel seems to be still experimenting out there trying to find the right mixture. It has cost us some games for sure. Also reason why this team can't get any track going.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Yea Vogel seems to be still experimenting out there trying to find the right mixture. It has cost us some games for sure. Also reason why this team can't get any track going.

Experimentation is really cute, but it's going to be the difference between play-in game and guaranteed playoff berth
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Monk should be starting not on the bench.

With Stanley starting (deserves to) we need a high volume 3pt shooter at SG.

Br1ck
Monk
Stanley
LeBron
Davis
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:

Br1ck
Monk
Stanley
LeBron
Davis

Lol at Brick.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:

Br1ck
Monk
Stanley
LeBron
Davis

Which brick? WB or THT?
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
scout_0 wrote:

Br1ck
Monk
Stanley
LeBron
Davis

Which brick? WB or THT?

Damn can't believe we are wasting 55 million between these two...
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject:

C'mon coach please stop messing around. Play the best guys!!
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Strange no Ariza sighting when you're short handed. starting all those games was a waste
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:38 am    Post subject:

The Clippers have a better record than us without PG or Kawhi.

We had LeBron + Westbrook or Davis + Westbrook for the majority of the games. This speaks volume of this guys coaching.

As you saw yesterday and for the past 3 years when Bron is not on the floor the offense falls apart and our role players play like (bleep) because no good shots are generated by a real offensive system.

At the very minimum we needed an offensive coach... an a guy who understand rotations.... I think we need a new coach

There's no emphasis on ball movement as a system, something automated. We still live in the days of set plays.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject:

Another thing, why is he starting Bradley ahead of Monk?

According to this site:

http://www.82games.com/2122/2122LAL.HTM

Monk leads our team in simple rating with 6.4 + while Bradley has the worst on the team at -10.0.

This is the problem with vogel, he doesn't embrace statistics...Bradley's defense is over rated AF. Specially at the SG or SF spot where he is being played. He is too timid on offense to keep defenses honest..he gives no resistance on switches or on the boards. There is a reason teams cut him
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject:

Monk is useless unless his shot is on. Avery's shot is on sometimes, but he also cuts, doesn't make bonehead decisions with the ball, and most importantly defends and follows the schemes.

As yourself would Phil Jackson start Avery or Monk?

The Lakers simply don't have that KCP type of wing who can do the outside shooting and some creating while also playing defense. Monk does the shooting and creating at KCP level (sometimes better). But man, his D, and decision making is still very very questionable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Monk is useless unless his shot is on. Avery's shot is on sometimes, but he also cuts, doesn't make bonehead decisions with the ball, and most importantly defends and follows the schemes.

As yourself would Phil Jackson start Avery or Monk?

The Lakers simply don't have that KCP type of wing who can do the outside shooting and some creating while also playing defense. Monk does the shooting and creating at KCP level (sometimes better). But man, his D, and decision making is still very very questionable.

He follows the schemes so well that he leads the team in negative +/-

Monk is a way better cutter than Bradley, Rebounds better and Creates plays for others better. He is also not shy to let it fly and connect at a higher rate from both 2 and 3PT. This opens up the floor for our stars and benefits them greatly. On transition he is also more dangerous.

Luckily for us he is ON more often than he is OFF as shown by his eFG.

I don't see Phil starting a 6"2 guy at SG/SF who is way past his prime. His defensive identity is based on the past. Why did the Warriors cut such a good player?

Stanley is that defensive guy now.

We need Monks offense more than we need Bradley's "defense".
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

Fisher was 6-1 200, Phil started him.

Vogel was starting Bradley at PG in the ring run year, not SG.
I think they were planning on using Nunn as starter, and were hoping Baze could give something.

I'm fine with not starting Bradley, but the issue here is balance. You need defensive players that can give you points around AD/Bron. Bradley is one of the guys that does defend and give you off the ball points. It's not a situation where he should be starting, it's a situation where everyone else was such a bad fit at being a 3nD guy that Frank went to him.

Reaves could be the best choice but he is a rookie. Could hit a wall at some point.

What we need is a trade. We need a 3rd/4th/5th option that can give the team 8-10 poinst a game while being able to defend the spots on the floor around AD/Bron. We just don't have those guys anymore. Our 3rd option is WB who doesn't defend. Our 4th and 5th best scorers are Melo/Monk who again don't defend. So what you're seeing Frank has to juggle. Which hit does he take? Does he take the hit on D and play Monk/Melo. Does he take the hit on offense and play Stanley/Reaves/Bradley etc It's been the same (bleep) all year. That's why we even went awat from Dwight to Bron at the 5. We just can't acheive floor balance on both sides post-Westbrook trade.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Chris Haynes on Lakers coaching situation: Definitely Lakers were considering making a move. Sources told me at that time, if there was going to be an interim coach to take over… I think a lot of people probably would assume it was going to be David Fizdale, but I had a lot of people telling me that it would have been Phil Handy to take over as interim coach. – via Spotify

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
Chris Haynes on Lakers coaching situation: Definitely Lakers were considering making a move. Sources told me at that time, if there was going to be an interim coach to take over… I think a lot of people probably would assume it was going to be David Fizdale, but I had a lot of people telling me that it would have been Phil Handy to take over as interim coach. – via Spotify

A few things

When they didn't have Vogel, they went 1-5 I think. It was pretty bad. Much worse actually.

Lebron Handy fight, at Staples.

When Lebron could have been asked, he probably didn't want to go with Handy over Vogel. Nothing like this happens without Bron signing off on it, IMO. They're not making a coach change without input of Bron/AD.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:

A few things

When they didn't have Vogel, they went 1-5 I think. It was pretty bad. Much worse actually.

When Lebron could have been asked, he probably didn't want to go with Handy over Vogel. Nothing like this happens without Bron signing off on it, IMO. They're not making a coach change without input of Bron/AD.

The only caveat, is that Fizzdale did not have the reigns did he? Vogel was still directing him via phone pre-game and at half-time. Not that I like Fizzdale.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Vogel is not a good coach. Amongst it all, he played THT, when Bazemore was playing better than him. What the hell is wrong with Vogel, playing players that hurt us more than help us? It is always atleast 1 player... Kent and DAJ early on. Ariza. Starting Ellington. I hope he gets fired. I don't like talking about taking a job from someone, but he is not a good head coach. I wouldn't mind him as a defensive assistant, but I don't want him as our head coach. I definitely don't want Fizdale. If terrible was a super duo, Vogel would be batman and Fizdale would be Robin.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:

A few things

Phil Handy and Lebron have a long history together and a huge part in most of all Lebron's final runs.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:

A few things

I think you're off base with this, outside of going through Bron. I think them considering Phil Handy would be because of Bron. Phil Handy, I would welcome him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject:

My gut tells me next summer Phil Handy becomes HC and he brings in a stacked staff.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:13 am    Post subject:

Did Vogel give any explanation on why dwight didn’t play? That was ducking stupid
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:50 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Did Vogel give any explanation on why dwight didn’t play? That was ducking stupid

Not sure, but he’s looked terrible lately and the one thing Jordan excels at is being a lob threat, something Westbrook likes.

Not saying it was the right move, just trying to figure out why he didn’t play.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Not sure, but he’s looked terrible lately and the one thing Jordan excels at is being a lob threat, something Westbrook likes.

Not saying it was the right move, just trying to figure out why he didn’t play.

Lob threat that doesn’t dunk wide open under the basket. I don’t think dwight was ever as bad as DAJ last night.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

This guy should be fired
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 185 of 224
Jump to: