Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
FWIW Dave McMenamin is reporting that Vogel is likely to be the Lakers coach for the remainder of the season.. this is really a no shocker considering that we would have either Fizdale or Handy replacing him which would be just as worse if not way worse with them instead of Vogel.

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1485762647232372739?s=21

Based on everything to come out, my educated guess:

1. Vogel is unhappy about the extension circus, being undermined again with Fizdale —> he wants to get fired and still get paid. Daring Lakers to fire him. His camp is the one who leaked things after Jazz W.

2. Vogel beat them to the scapegoat punch. Jeanie doesn’t want to pay another coach. Enter Phil Handy, Fizdale and Kurt Rambis volunteering his services.

3. Vogel downplays relationship issues with FO so he continues to look good and secure future opportunities around the league.

4. Lakers look bad now if they fire Vogel. LeGM says (bleep) it and that he will be the coach while Vogel goes through the motions. This is why LeCalculated has been talking in coach speak.

Lakers drama continues…
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Is Gilbert Arenas making sense when discussing Frank Vogel?

Trade him too!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Trade him too!!!

I’m not the biggest Vogel guy, but Gilbert is talking in pickup basketball speak.

Just because Indiana or Charlotte don’t give a (bleep) about playing defense, doesn’t mean that’s the way to go.

If it was, 2 way wings wouldn’t be the premium. Defense matters if you are serious about a championship.

Anyone in the NBA can play offense all night if they can ignore defense. Why do teams like Indiana, Washington, Charlotte, Sacramento, etc. never get anywhere?

The NBA is a full court game with 2 ends. It’s not pickup basketball, even if a couple of regular season games look like it.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Trade him too!!!

I’m not the biggest Vogel guy, but Gilbert is talking in pickup basketball speak.

Just because Indiana or Charlotte don’t give a (bleep) about playing defense, doesn’t mean that’s the way to go.

If it was, 2 way wings wouldn’t be the premium. Defense matters if you are serious about a championship.

Anyone in the NBA can play offense all night if they can ignore defense. Why do teams like Indiana, Washington, Charlotte, Sacramento, etc. never get anywhere?

The NBA is a full court game with 2 ends. It’s not pickup basketball, even if a couple of regular season games look like it.
so you agree that Vogel should play Bradley
.. Westbrook and Dwight and Ariza together around LeBron and good things will happen
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Trade him too!!!

I got a couple minutes into it, with Arenas talking about the Miami series. That was enough for me. He's more or less saying that the Heat are a weak team that we should have beaten in four games, because none of their players are top 10 guys. This is the team that just won the Eastern Conference. Then he started saying that Vogel shouldn't have told Howard that he wasn't going to play in Game 6. That was enough for me. I guess there's a reason why Arenas doesn't work as a pundit.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:48 am    Post subject:

This is the perfect time to replace Vogel if it’s going to happen. The new coach will hopefully benefit from the return of AD and be able to tout a winning record.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Trade him too!!!

so you agree that Vogel should play Bradley
.. Westbrook and Dwight and Ariza together around LeBron and good things will happen

No. I don’t know how you made that conclusion.

Vogel is just as wrong as Gilbert.

Russ
Reaves
Monk
Lebron
AD

or

Russ
Reaves/Monk
Stanley
Lebron
AD

Or with bad Russ:

Reaves
Monk
Stanley
Lebron
AD

All those guys are capable of 2 way NBA basketball. Even though Russ sometimes plays defense like he is Harrell.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
This is the perfect time to replace Vogel if it’s going to happen. The new coach will hopefully benefit from the return of AD and be able to tout a winning record.

there is no replacement for Vogel now. why would anyone want to take over this mess when they can just wait for the off season.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

there is no replacement for Vogel now. why would anyone want to take over this mess when they can just wait for the off season.

This line of logic was for somebody who doesn’t have other options in the off-season, like Rambis. Not a coach of the future who we would bring in long term.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:33 pm    Post subject:

His rotations are still sooooooo frustrating Bron, melo, tht, Bradley and WB….really coach?????? WTF….more monk, reavers and Johnson tighten the freaking rotations !!!!!!
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
His rotations are still sooooooo frustrating Bron, melo, tht, Bradley and WB….really coach?????? WTF….more monk, reavers and Johnson tighten the freaking rotations !!!!!!

Atleast he didn't start or play Ariza. That's a good move, considering he has not been productive since his return.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
av3773 wrote:

Atleast he didn't start or play Ariza. That's a good move, considering he has not been productive since his return.

Ariza is such a team player he probably told the coach shouldn't be starting.. who knows..

Got to appreciate his HOPE
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

This line of logic was for somebody who doesn’t have other options in the off-season, like Rambis. Not a coach of the future who we would bring in long term.

Yeah, I’d keep Vogel, (bleep) rambis
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Unleash Westbrook! Stop the spot up shooter crap, open the paint, get him to go downhill, Pick n mufakin Roll
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Yeah, I’d keep Vogel, (bleep) rambis

Rambis and the FO put this dysfunctional team together. Vogel is making lemonade out of lemons. Is Vogel perfect? NO. But he's the best coach for this team right now, plis there is no real upgrade out there.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Unleash Westbrook! Stop the spot up shooter crap, open the paint, get him to go downhill, Pick n mufakin Roll

Let Russ be Russ. I feel the only thing is his IQ. He doesn't see the floor and I feel that hurts the team, whether he is leashed or unleashed. Though, I feel when he is unleashed trying to get triple doubles, he actually looks for the pass. So from that stand point, maybe unleashing him is better than leashing him. But unleashing him means sacrificing defense to hawk the rebounds. There's pros and cons with unleashing Russ, but I'd be for unleashing him.

There has to be a balance, that Russ never really been taught how to do, because he has to sacrifice for the other stars. So he is learning on the fly, this season. 1 would say KD, Harden, Beal, but he never really adjusted. Russ was still being Russ in those situations.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:53 pm    Post subject:

The small lineup doesn’t work man. Stop with the nonsense

Asking melo to play backup c is just messed up
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
governator wrote:

Let Russ be Russ. I feel the only thing is his IQ. He doesn't see the floor and I feel that hurts the team, whether he is leashed or unleashed. Though, I feel when he is unleashed trying to get triple doubles, he actually looks for the pass. So from that stand point, maybe unleashing him is better than leashing him. But unleashing him means sacrificing defense to hawk the rebounds. There's pros and cons with unleashing Russ, but I'd be for unleashing him.

There has to be a balance, that Russ never really been taught how to do, because he has to sacrifice for the other stars. So he is learning on the fly, this season. 1 would say KD, Harden, Beal, but he never really adjusted. Russ was still being Russ in those situations.

One thing tho, Russ got no love from the refs on his drives
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

When you play reaves, monk, Stanley, THT longer minutes, we suddenly got a lot younger. THT has been inconsistent though
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:15 am    Post subject:

I was really surprised he benched Ariza and I’m happy. This team needs one more forward who is playable.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:59 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
When you play reaves, monk, Stanley, THT longer minutes, we suddenly got a lot younger. THT has been inconsistent though

Trade talk got to him.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:12 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Trade talk got to him.

Nah he’s been consistently inconsistent his whole career thus far.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:00 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Trade him too!!!

I'd definitely trade Vogel for a better coach. I think Jason Kidd and Doc Rivers are the only coaches to be traded to another team haha
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:06 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Trade talk got to him.

Nah he’s been consistently inconsistent his whole career thus far.

True, but yesterday he laid some goose eggs.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/1486503168154296323?s=21

It’s really not that hard. Play the young guys with the big 3.

Hopefully, Vogel and the coaching staff have finally figured it out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 184 of 224
Jump to: